Tt&t Broadband In Chiang Mai

rohitsuk

Since TT&T updraed its service in CM to 3 mgs about three to four weeks ago it has just got slower and slower and less and less reliable cutting out up to 100 times a day.

The expected brush off from custiomer "service" - yes we know but cannot do anything, too many people using...so downgrade back to 2 mbs.

it is now so slow as to be almost entirely uselss and even at 03.00 (3 am) which used to be OK it will not send emails from Outlook, times out of most sites and cuts off mid download.

I did have TOT 1 mb service until I moved to this house a year ago and that was not brilliant but a dam site better than this and at least reliable.  For some reason it is 40% more expensive for, aparently, a third of the speed but perhaps it is the reliability you are paying for.

Am I the only one suffering ???

Since TT&T updraed its service in CM to 3 mgs about three to four weeks ago it has just got slower and slower and less and less reliable cutting out up to 100 times a day.

The expected brush off from custiomer "service" - yes we know but cannot do anything, too many people using...so downgrade back to 2 mbs.

it is now so slow as to be almost entirely uselss and even at 03.00 (3 am) which used to be OK it will not send emails from Outlook, times out of most sites and cuts off mid download when it seems to be slow.

I did have TOT 1 mb service until I moved to this house a year ago and that was not brilliant but a dam site better than this and at least reliable. For some reason it is 40% more expensive for, aparently, a third of the speed but perhaps it is the reliability you are paying for.

Check the data of your modem in respect of connected speed, SNR, attenuation. Perhaps there is a problem already. Sometimes it helped me to switch the modem off and on again to get a new and better connection to the server at Maxnet. Any virus or worm on the system? Anyone else using your wireless connection (if you have) without your knowledge? Check the amount of transmitted data/used bandwidth.

Had TOT before and it was an endless nightmare compared to my Maxnet now - this on the same location. For me - TOT never again!!! But your location is far away from Pattaya where I stay and things might be different there.

I've had Maxnet Indy in CM for about four years, started on 2mb and have gradually been increased - without asking - to 5mb at present. For the majority of that time it's been fine; stable connection and useable speeds even for international traffic. The last two weeks however have been far and away the worst out of all that time. Disconnections running at 20 to 30 per day, speeds all over the place - often down to below dial up speed. Customer service has been pretty crap too - ages on hold to speak to anyone, then a load of irrelevant messing around with my computer's settings. Doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I've had Maxnet Indy in CM for about four years, started on 2mb and have gradually been increased - without asking - to 5mb at present. For the majority of that time it's been fine; stable connection and useable speeds even for international traffic. The last two weeks however have been far and away the worst out of all that time. Disconnections running at 20 to 30 per day, speeds all over the place - often down to below dial up speed. Customer service has been pretty crap too - ages on hold to speak to anyone, then a load of irrelevant messing around with my computer's settings. Doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Thanks for this which has been my own experience in the past year, reasonable for most of the time until the last three weeks whem it has gone to hel_l.  The office Airport Plaza seems to have just stopped answering the phone but I am going to try and upgrade to Premier as suggested in another response.

I suspect ti is overselling capacity that is atthe root of it since there is, of ocurse, no regultion of or check on that.

it is now so slow as to be almost entirely uselss and even at 03.00 (3 am) which used to be OK it will not send emails from Outlook, times out of most sites and cuts off mid download when it seems to be slow.

I did have TOT 1 mb service until I moved to this house a year ago and that was not brilliant but a dam site better than this and at least reliable. For some reason it is 40% more expensive for, aparently, a third of the speed but perhaps it is the reliability you are paying for.

Check the data of your modem in respect of connected speed, SNR, attenuation. Perhaps there is a problem already. Sometimes it helped me to switch the modem off and on again to get a new and better connection to the server at Maxnet. Any virus or worm on the system? Anyone else using your wireless connection (if you have) without your knowledge? Check the amount of transmitted data/used bandwidth.

Had TOT before and it was an endless nightmare compared to my Maxnet now - this on the same location. For me - TOT never again!!! But your location is far away from Pattaya where I stay and things might be different there.

Thanks for your advice John

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure your on maxnet premier not indy.. Lower contention.

Thanks for this. I have switched to Premium and we are back to OK for most purposes although still a few disconnections a day.

I am cross at having to pay another baht 500k a month for a just OK service but at least it works now.

Thanks again !

Make sure your on maxnet premier not indy.. Lower contention.

Thanks for this. I have switched to Premium and we are back to OK for most purposes although still a few disconnections a day.

I am cross at having to pay another baht 500k a month for a just OK service but at least it works now.

Thanks again !

Hi,

I also ive in Chiang Mai as well and was subjected to this "upgrade at no charge" only a few days ago.

Its definitely a downgrade to me. I had ToT GoldCyber and was upgraded to PlatinumCyber.

The 2 AM to 6 AM window of opportunity for fileshare sites is down by about 50% to around 100kbs.

The drop in service is directly linked to this and not the router, it was immdediate, I saw it happen and it has not gone back up since.

I have problems accessing GMail, never mind sending from Outlook.

If I want Gmail, then I need to shut down uTorrent which has also taken a big hit.

If anyone asked for AND received a downgrade back to Goldcyber I'd like to hear about it.

How much is Premier?

I don't want to do that because they said I was getting an upgrade which is patently false.

I hate giving more money to people who lie to me just to get back to the level I had prior to the no cost upgrade!

DB

I think there's also local contention, don't know, just a feeling. My new TOT 3Mbit is fantastic - so if this was about international bandwidth I figure I should be affected too. I think the line is so good because they just installed a new DSLAM (exchange box) and I am one of the first 5 people on it. I am sure it will degrade over time as they pack as many lines on this box as they can... same thing happened with my last TOT 5 years ago. It was great for the first 2 years, then turned to almost unusable.

Are there any DSL experts out there who could tell me if there is such a thing as local contention?