May 2009 Maxnet Connections (sansai)

earlofwindermere

My maxnet connection in Sansai has been very poor for the past week. It connects, then disconnects every minute. My office is located down the street and uses a KSC connection - no problem at all.

I'm wondering if others are having difficulties with their Maxnet connection this week or if it's the cable/modem in my house. Anyone who lives in Sansai (Mae Jo Road), your experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My maxnet connection in Sansai has been very poor for the past week. It connects, then disconnects every minute. My office is located down the street and uses a KSC connection - no problem at all.

I'm wondering if others are having difficulties with their Maxnet connection this week or if it's the cable/modem in my house. Anyone who lives in Sansai (Mae Jo Road), your experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I have always had problems with Maxnet. I call them and it is better for a while, then goes back to disconnecting ever so often. What is the alternative?

• 2 weeks later...

i had never had any problems with MAXnet . . online 100% never DC . . . but then its the Premier Package not El Chepo ! . . . .

BTW....... moving to bkk soon...looking at KSC Prime package........... any good?? and what price ??

Thanks.

earlofwindermere, you are not alone! I have had terrible Maxnet service for at least the last 40 days! We live off of the Mae Jo Road in Sansai. We have called no less than 20 times and been to two different offices three times; all to no avail. One technician who spoke perfect English told me something like "the equipment is too far from the connection" or something like that. He said "I can see a problem in the computer". All attempts to get a technician to the house have failed. Now, I refuse to pay the bill until somebody comes over and sorts out the problem.

yep mines been terrible for the last month or so,I live in tanawan 2, we had the engineers out yesterday (only took 3 days for them to call us back), it seems to be working better today, but lets see what the weekend holds. I also got the direct number for the engineer to save going through the switchboard, PM me if you would like it.

Are you folks with Maxnet (TT&T) problems in range of the AIS 3G wireless system?

Something to consider; don't know if the speed or cost will work for you...

You can also consider AIS and DTAC GPRS/Edge.

Thanks.

Yep mine also living in the Nong Hoi area. Downloaded local speed test at 08:00 am just out of curiosity and it doesn't look good for MaxNet. Seems like I'm in the wrong area with the wrong ISP! Can't life be a real bitch sometimes :)

post-19428-1243041405_thumb.jpg

post-19428-1243041426_thumb.jpg

We are near Big C Don Chan and Maxmet Indy was OK, not brilliant but OK for most purposes until a few weeks ago when it began to deteriorate starting from 12noon till 6pm the time out expanded to, on some days 24 hours. it just got worse and worse until it became unusable, except between 3am and 6am and not very good even then,

On the advice of another poster here I ungraded to Premium 2mg from Ingy 3mg and it is now back to OK although still frequent disconnections.

I am furious at having to pay another baht 500 a month to get the service back to just OK but at least it works and I suppose I am meant to be grateful for that.

I am sure all the ISPs in Thailand simply oversell their capacity since there is no regulation to prevent them from doing so.

Whatever happened to public beheading for miscreants ???