60day Then 30 Day Extension

Hi

I am applying for a 60 day visa via the embassy in the UK, I am wondering after reading how I get the 30 day extension and where I get it. I intend to spend the 1st month in BKK before spending a month in Phuket and then roaming, is it best to get the extension while in BKK or can I do it in Phuket too?, not sure whether you wait till ear the end or can get it st8 away.

I read it cost nearly 2000thb just wondered if the process was automatic and simple

Thanks

You can get in Phuket. You should visit immigration office about a week before your 60 day stay ends with copy of passport/departure card, photos and 1,900 baht. It is simple and routine - you fill out a TM.7 form and sign it. You can download form from pinned items at top of forum but they will have available if you don't.

Edited by lopburi3

Thanks that's a weight off my mind I shall look to do it in Phuket

You can get in Phuket. You should visit immigration office about a week before your 60 day stay ends with copy of passport/departure card, photos and 1,900 baht. It is simple and routine - you fill out a TM.7 form and sign it. You can download form from pinned items at top of forum but they will have available if you don't.

If you apply before June 4th your tourist visa will be free.

After that the suggest non-o would be a good option. It will cost you 100 baht more upfront but you would not have to make the trip to immigration.

Even for the tourist visa I would contact any of the honorary consulates about getting your visa. The embassy does not accept mail in applications and has been reported to be less than helpfull and not very friendly.