Asaptickets(dot)com, Used Them? Incredible Airfare Rates

Jimjim

Clicked on the google ad at the top of the forum, today, as it looked interesting. asaptickets(dot)com, forget what the ad said, but if you surf just a few pages you should see it, at least today I saw it often, not in the window right now though.

Anyway, so I go there and checked out prices for tickets from Seattle to Bangkok and it's about $300 cheaper than what I found on orbitz or expedia or a few other sites I checked. And, the cheapest ticket it's offering is from an American airline, Delta I think it was. Last time I flew Delta was over 10 years ago, they any good now? Anyway, you had to call to book but the site said the price already included all fees and taxes. I haven't called, yet. So, anyone used this airline? Looked like it might be a short time deal but the price is fantastic. Seems too good to be true, under $700. Used to be able to get that price even just four years ago but these days everything seems to be much more from U.S. to Bangkok, cheapest usually around $900-$1000.

So, anyone heard of this site? I'm going to look them up on Better Business Bureau in the U.S. For those who ever travel from the U.S. to Bangkok perhaps it's worth remembering this site.

edit: Just checked and it said all tickets cannot be changed or refunded at all. Non-refundable, non-transferable. That would be one reason for the cheapness, I guess.

Edited by Jimjim

Clicked on the google ad at the top of the forum, today, as it looked interesting. asaptickets(dot)com, forget what the ad said, but if you surf just a few pages you should see it, at least today I saw it often, not in the window right now though.

Anyway, so I go there and checked out prices for tickets from Seattle to Bangkok and it's about $300 cheaper than what I found on orbitz or expedia or a few other sites I checked. And, the cheapest ticket it's offering is from an American airline, Delta I think it was. Last time I flew Delta was over 10 years ago, they any good now? Anyway, you had to call to book but the site said the price already included all fees and taxes. I haven't called, yet. So, anyone used this airline? Looked like it might be a short time deal but the price is fantastic. Seems too good to be true, under $700. Used to be able to get that price even just four years ago but these days everything seems to be much more from U.S. to Bangkok, cheapest usually around $900-$1000.

So, anyone heard of this site? I'm going to look them up on Better Business Bureau in the U.S. For those who ever travel from the U.S. to Bangkok perhaps it's worth remembering this site.

edit: Just checked and it said all tickets cannot be changed or refunded at all. Non-refundable, non-transferable. That would be one reason for the cheapness, I guess.

this can't be right. i just found a $700 ticket for what i paid 3 weeks ago for $1000 to fly to the US. hmm...

this can't be right. i just found a $700 ticket for what i paid 3 weeks ago for $1000 to fly to the US. hmm...

That happens mate, depending on where you buy the ticket. Some agents have special deals you won't find anywhere else. Thanks for that link, what I've found is you buy that cheap ticket at your own peril, as your dates must be set in stone or you're screwed. Good place to get that cheap ticket if you want to do that, though. Guess you could buy a ticket, get travel insurance to cover it, and probably still come out ahead and then if you have to cancel or change the ticket, use travel insurance. Know of a good place for travel insurance? :)

Just did a search on their site for an upcoming flight, the results displayed a flight that was $225 lower than anything I could find. I called and gave them the "Discount ID" that I received from the search but they were unable to locate the flight that was showing on their search results. They did require all my personal info before discussing the results (name, email, phone#, etc...).

The best flights they could find were higher than the flights displayed on the major travel sites. Won't waste my time here anymore!

Probably a loss leader advert where they put one or two tickets for sale at ridiculous price then when u contact they are sold but a flight available with higher price.Does it include all tax?Its impossible to get the bargains of yesteryear because of fuel prices and taxes plus the competition.

i did more research on this place. the fee they advertise does NOT include surcharges, taxes and such. my seemingly cheap $700 was over what i paid to NWA/Delta.

stay away from this site. i cannot find anyone who tried these guys and got a "deal". slowly back away from this seller...

I called them last week, I was looking for airfare form NYC to BKK, the prices on their websites are a come on , in the end after their fees the price to BKK from NYC with Northwest was $ 850.00. I went to www.travelzoo.com searched all the major travel websites , found our that JAL is having a sale and purchased a better itinerary from travelocity, with the security of doing business with a major company for $822.00

Ps , the ticket at Travelocity is refundable, and I have travel insurance for a small additional fee.

i did more research on this place. the fee they advertise does NOT include surcharges, taxes and such. my seemingly cheap $700 was over what i paid to NWA/Delta.

stay away from this site. i cannot find anyone who tried these guys and got a "deal". slowly back away from this seller...

Cheers, anothetorres, YNWA.

Yes, looks like an agent to probably stay away from, as their marketing tactics appear pretty dishonest.