Quit Job

Leprechaun, I believe it's 7 days to surrender your work permit and cancel the Non Imm B visa. I think you then have to exit the country to apply and obtain a tourist visa.

If you do a search on this Forum you will probably find the answer.

Alternatively, lopburi3 would definitely know... if he's not online try a PM.

I have decided to quit my job after working in what I'd describe as a shambles of a school.

I intend to return to the UK but aware that I'll need to change my visa from Non Imm B to a Tourist. How long do I have in which to do this.

Thanks-Leprechaun.

I hope you'll share your experiences, and the name of the school, for the edification of all here. :o

A friend of mine is in the same boat as Leprechaun but has very basic computer skills so I said I'd post a message on her behalf. She was wondering what the process is for applying for a tourist visa after possessing a non Imm B.

Who does she hand her work permit into?

Does she get any documentation to prove to the embassy that he has handed in her work permit?

When applying at the Embassy for a Tourist visa how long will she get in Thailand, 1 month/ 2 months etc.

Regards-slippery when wet

• 2 weeks later...
A friend of mine is in the same boat as Leprechaun but has very basic computer skills so I said I'd post a message on her behalf.  She was wondering what the process is for applying for a tourist visa after possessing a non Imm B.

Who does she hand her work permit into?

Does she get any documentation to prove to the embassy that he has handed in her work permit?

When applying at the Embassy for a Tourist visa how long will she get in Thailand, 1 month/ 2 months etc.

Regards-slippery when wet

She need to refund her work permit to the Department of Labour. A Tourist Visa is good for at least 60 days, usually.

7 days to return the Work permit, then 7 days to leave the country. The work permit is in your name, you should be the one to do the returning....Your the one who is going to be responsible if the school doesnt follow the right procedures etc.

Alternatively, if you had another job lined up before you actually quit, you could simply transfer the work permit to the new job, and then quit. This would save you going through the entire work permit/visa application again.

After you return the work permit you can leave the country at any border to renew a 30day tourist stamp, or apply for a Tourist Visa at any consulate.

7 days to return the Work permit, then 7 days to leave the country.

I'm under the impression that you only get two lots of 7 days (or is it 14 in one fail swoop) if your employer hands it in, if you do it you only get 7 days?

The work permit is in your name, you should be the one to do the returning....Your the one who is going to be responsible if the school doesnt follow the right procedures etc.
I'm not so sure of this. Generally at least where I work it's best if the school does it all, and gives you your TL etc.
Alternatively, if you had another job lined up before you actually quit, you could simply transfer the work permit to the new job, and then quit. This would save you going through the entire work permit/visa application again.

Possible, but easier said than done more often than not!

After you return the work permit you can leave the country at any border to renew a 30day tourist stamp

No such thing, you mean an on entry 30 day stamp in (or on arrival).