Moustache Trimmer

chiangmaioldhand

Due to an unfortunate accident involving a step-ladder and a pair of roller-skates I'm sorry to say that my regular barber is no longer with us - gone to the salon in the sky, as they say.

That leaves me in a bit of a pickle as she was the only lady in Chiang Mai that could properly trim my moustache.

Does anybody out there know of a suitable replacement?

With an important interview coming up I would really like to look my best.

Eyebrow and ear-trimming profficiency would also be a bonus.

Due to an unfortunate accident involving a step-ladder and a pair of roller-skates I'm sorry to say that my regular barber is no longer with us - gone to the salon in the sky, as they say.

That leaves me in a bit of a pickle as she was the only lady in Chiang Mai that could properly trim my moustache.

It seems that ths thread is gonna die. Clearly it dosn't have the ring to it that "free water" or "snotty noisy little rug rats" does.

Edited by john b good

Hey, Thai Visa is always here to help!

I direct you to the absolutely brilliant Boots Beard Trimmer.

Model 53-22-073.

Uses (2) AAA batteries.

Has more attachments than a Klingon warrior's forearm weapon system.

Trims beards, mustaches, and ahem...has special attachments for ear/nose, etc.

Seem to remember it was a bit pricey at about 700-800 THB.

But it has worked perfectly for about 2 yrs, and now seems good value for money.

Find it at the Boots in KSK, or wherever. :)

PS I know you're looking for a barber replacement, but knowing that am still directing you to the home method.....

Mustache trimmer? I thought you were referring to something else. A new slang term. Looking for a mustache trimmer. We're all looking for a good mustache trimmer. Ask UG.

But on a serious note...

Some of the old time barbers give a good trim. On the way to Airport Plaza after you turn from Waluwai Rd., near the bridge before the light that is next to the Old Chiang Mai Cultural Center is an old barber shop. Haircut and they will completely groom ears, nose and facial hair. Neck rub. About 80 Baht for foreigner.

It seems that this thread is gonna die. Clearly it dosn't have the ring to it that "free water" or "snotty noisy little rug rats" does.

Sorry about this, but it turns out that there was a bit of a cock-up on the translation front.

I've since discovered that my barber lady is not dead, but rather her roller-skates were destroyed!! A simple misunderstanding on my part. Easily done!!

She was however injured, as you can imagine, and unfortunately has been told that she won't be able to play the Glockenspiel again. Obviously, that means that her night-time employment at Chiang Mai land is curtailed, so she will be looking for a new evening job. Any ideas? 

Just to reiterate - she can still trim moustaches, ears and noses, but she can no longer play the Glockenspiel or Roller-skate. :)

It seems that this thread is gonna die. Clearly it dosn't have the ring to it that "free water" or "snotty noisy little rug rats" does.

Sorry about this, but it turns out that there was a bit of a cock-up on the translation front.

I've since discovered that my barber lady is not dead, but rather her roller-skates were destroyed!! A simple misunderstanding on my part. Easily done!!

She was however injured, as you can imagine, and unfortunately has been told that she won't be able to play the Glockenspiel again. Obviously, that means that her night-time employment at Chiang Mai land is curtailed, so she will be looking for a new evening job. Any ideas? 

Just to reiterate - she can still trim moustaches, ears and noses, but she can no longer play the Glockenspiel or Roller-skate. :)

It is indeed fantastic news to hear that there was a bit of a c0ck up in the initial diagnosis. In fact just a small misunderstanding indeed.

I think that you might have been a boy scout in your younger days (you have that sort of well groomed look about you) so as per their motto "be prepared" I will tell you what I reckoned to be the best beard / moustache trimmer (well 2nd best afther the lady with the roller skates) is the Philips T788

Unfortunately it did not come with the accessory for the sniffing gear and lugs.

I now have a Braun which has the referred too accessory but it is more of a hair trimmer than the Philips (which was superior for trimming the beard, and moustache) Unfortunately the Philips went "belly up" and I have not found a replacement for it.

I purchased the original at Changi.

Good luck at the job interview :D

Good luck at the job interview :)

The job's as good as mine. I've already ordered a case of Bombay Gin and 2 bottles of Angostura as well as reserved the verandah at The Gymkhana in readiness for the celebratory party. I'll leave printing the invitations until it's officially confirmed in the Gazettes. Of course it will have to be a strictly 'No Riff Raff' affair, so some here will miss out, I'm afraid. Hard cheese!

Good luck at the job interview :)

The job's as good as mine. I've already ordered a case of Bombay Gin and 2 bottles of Angostura as well as reserved the verandah at The Gymkhana in readiness for the celebratory party. I'll leave printing the invitations until it's officially confirmed in the Gazettes. Of course it will have to be a strictly 'No Riff Raff' affair, so some here will miss out, I'm afraid. Hard cheese!

Would you please add another bottle of Angostura for me if you would be so good "so to speak"

I don't really think of myself as "riff raff" (but I have the feeling that some "no names though" might have slipped me into that bracket)

I will be monitoring 'with anticipation' my incoming mail.

Are you (perhaps I should say) you're not considering inviting any of the French people are you ??

One or two Americans would seem to be in order though. We go back a long way "us and them"

After all they did come to our aid after "what was it 07 December 1941" They could see that we wre getting the upper hand and wanted to be there for the celebrations. All good stuff eh!

Have you got any idea of a date (for the celebration 'at the Gymkhana) I could then slot it into my calendar. Things creep up on you and before you know it you have overlapping functions to attend.

I really feel it for George (my apologies George TV, I was meaning Brown)

Edited by john b good