Cop's Wife Kills Self Over Mounting Debts

A POLICE officer’s wife and niece of a high-ranking national official, was found dead in an apartment near Talat Dao seafood market in Bophut recently, apparently a suicide case.

Police Col. Saharat Saksinchai, superintendent of Bophut police station, said they received a report that a Thai woman was found dead at an apartment beside Talat Dao. Investigation department chief police Lt. Col. Jaru Phetparn, a medical team from Koh Samui Hospital and volunteers from Samui Rescue Foundation went to the scene. The woman was found dead in Room 207 of the apartment, lying in bed with bullets of a .38-mm gun in her right hand. She was described as chubby and in black pajamas. She bore a gunshot wound in the right temple.

Police identified her as Vipawan Srikhwan, 30, married and a native resident of Taling Ngam subdistrict.

Vipawan was reportedly a niece of Vichai Srikhwan, permanent secretary of the Interior Ministry, and is well respected among Samuians.

Vipawan operated a car and motorbike rental business on Samui, but she reportedly encountered some financial problem and incurred debts amounting to millions of baht from non-bank debtors.

It was also reported that she had pawned her car and that of her friend’s.

When the debtors allegedly demanded payments from her, Vipawan did not have the money and asked for deferment.

A witness said a debtor had made an appointment with Vipawan to talk about her unpaid debt.

With no way out of her debt problem and probably suffering too much stress, Vipawan used her husband’s gun to shoot herself at the apartment she rented, it was said.

Vorathep Srikhan, 65, father of Vipawan, police Cpl. Suphat Naksong, her husband, went to the scene to see her body.

Suphat said he was not aware that his wife had lots of debts and was troubled that the gun she used to kill herself is his own gun.

Vorathep said that he felt sorry for his daughter, but he did not speculate any motive surrounding her death.

Also found at the room was a letter written by Vipawan to her husband and her family. It read: “Dear Pi Pat (her husband), I am sorry for everything. I love you so much. I, Vipanwan Srikhwan, am responsible for all my mistakes and blame should not be put on my husband, Pi Pat, and other members of family.” The letter bore her signature. To her father and mother she wrote, “Dear Dad and Mom, I ask for apology for defaming our family’s reputation. I am sorry I could not think any better. I’m making you feel ashamed, but I could not keep our family reputation. Pi Pat, he is a very good husband. I just killed myself and it is no one’s guilt.” She also signed the message.

Her body was sent for autopsy to Koh Samui Hospital before it was sent back to her family for the religious ceremony. —

http://news.samuiexpress.net/woman-kills-s...ting-debts.html

A POLICE officer's wife and niece of a high-ranking national official, was found dead in an apartment near Talat Dao seafood market in Bophut recently, apparently a suicide case.

Police Col. Saharat Saksinchai, superintendent of Bophut police station, said they received a report that a Thai woman was found dead at an apartment beside Talat Dao. Investigation department chief police Lt. Col. Jaru Phetparn, a medical team from Koh Samui Hospital and volunteers from Samui Rescue Foundation went to the scene. The woman was found dead in Room 207 of the apartment, lying in bed with bullets of a .38-mm gun in her right hand. She was described as chubby and in black pajamas. She bore a gunshot wound in the right temple.

Police identified her as Vipawan Srikhwan, 30, married and a native resident of Taling Ngam subdistrict.

Vipawan was reportedly a niece of Vichai Srikhwan, permanent secretary of the Interior Ministry, and is well respected among Samuians.

Vipawan operated a car and motorbike rental business on Samui, but she reportedly encountered some financial problem and incurred debts amounting to millions of baht from non-bank debtors.

It was also reported that she had pawned her car and that of her friend's.

When the debtors allegedly demanded payments from her, Vipawan did not have the money and asked for deferment.

A witness said a debtor had made an appointment with Vipawan to talk about her unpaid debt.

With no way out of her debt problem and probably suffering too much stress, Vipawan used her husband's gun to shoot herself at the apartment she rented, it was said.

Vorathep Srikhan, 65, father of Vipawan, police Cpl. Suphat Naksong, her husband, went to the scene to see her body.

Suphat said he was not aware that his wife had lots of debts and was troubled that the gun she used to kill herself is his own gun.

Vorathep said that he felt sorry for his daughter, but he did not speculate any motive surrounding her death.

Also found at the room was a letter written by Vipawan to her husband and her family. It read: "Dear Pi Pat (her husband), I am sorry for everything. I love you so much. I, Vipanwan Srikhwan, am responsible for all my mistakes and blame should not be put on my husband, Pi Pat, and other members of family." The letter bore her signature. To her father and mother she wrote, "Dear Dad and Mom, I ask for apology for defaming our family's reputation. I am sorry I could not think any better. I'm making you feel ashamed, but I could not keep our family reputation. Pi Pat, he is a very good husband. I just killed myself and it is no one's guilt." She also signed the message.

Her body was sent for autopsy to Koh Samui Hospital before it was sent back to her family for the religious ceremony. —

http://news.samuiexpress.net/woman-kills-s...ting-debts.html

Her "debtors" were demanding payment from her :) ...more great reporting from the news source to trust, Samui Express :D