Nba Pro Basketball Broadcasts Online

Considering that True/UBC and ESPN Asia are doing such a crappy, incomplete job of broadcasting games in the current NBA playoffs series (and True's upcoming ASN sports network won't include NBA coverage), I went looking for alternatives today.

Found something interesting. By signing up for the FREE NBA All Access membership, the NBA web site appears to give you live radio broadcasts of all their regular season games, including the current playoffs and upcoming finals. All Access membership includes giving you free access to what the NBA calls its "Audio League Pass."

Accessing the feed from outside the U.S. did not create any issues at all. I believe you just need to have the free Macromedia Flash player plug-ins installed for your browser, whether it be IE, Firefox or others.

I tried it a bit this morning with the Lakers game. I think they (the NBA site) are just picking up the local team's radio broadcasts. But if you want to listen to any or all of the games, it would save you trying to hunt around and find which individual radio station is doing the online broadcast of the game you want to hear, as well as providing a convenient place for finding the schedules/times of the upcoming games.

Here's the web site for signing up and getting free access to the game broadcasts.

http://www.nba.com/allaccess/about.html

Separately, of course, the NBA has a video broadcasting service for the playoffs and finals that is now available to international residents. They're offering video broadcasts of the playoffs and finals for $29.95 for standard def and $39.95 for widescreen HD def.

The web site for the video service is here:

http://ilp.nba.com/

And then of course, there are the various 3rd party online broadcasts of the NBA games which vary in quality and reliability... One site that aggregates a lot of those feeds is justin.tv