Bank Deposit For Thai Visa

I am now back in the USA but will return to Chiang Mai in September. Before I left Chiang Mai, I opened a Bank account with Bangkok Bank. The only proof of my Bangkok Bank savings account and the money in it is my passbook that they gave me.

I need to wire $2,000 from the USA into the account now. How do I know the money will reach the account safely because I am not there, and how do I access my money once I am back in Chiang Mai?

Thank you

You can call the bank and check your account balance. Do you have an ATM card for the account?

Also you have a bank book that you use to withdraw the money when you get back.

You could wait until you got here to do the transfer. Talk to your bank in States about an arrangement to do a transfer by fax or email. You are going to need to move money again later.

If you have ATM card you can use phone to check account by calling 66 2645 5555 (press 2 for English). You enter card number and PIN when asked.

Your US bank is going to want your account name, number, bank full address and probably your full address (if you have one here), and the SWIFT code (which is: BKKBTHBK).

If I make a transfer early morning US time it is in account and credited by 12-1300 Thailand time (about 12 hours). Mine is Bangkok but believe will be the same for all accounts.

As said - even if you do not do a transfer now you need to set up the paperwork to make wire transfers before you leave as must be done in person. Fax, email or phone are the normal methods to initiate a transfer from here. It depends on what your bank allows.