Deposit The Boys In Blue

alasatra

Hi i am 30 yrs old and spend about 6 months outa d year in thailand,i inherited allot of property here and would just

like to share this story.My thai girlfriend rents out the condo's for me and she signs the rental contracts,i had a tennant who stayed in one of the

condos for 6 months,he was a foreigner and had a thai gf,he works offshore so on the last month of contract he had

sent the money to his girl so that she could pay the rent but she used it on something else,anyway she told me face to face not to worry and that i could deduct it

from the 44 thousand baht deposit that they had paid at the start of contract,so no worries i was fine with that,a month after they left room me and my girlfriend were

leaving the our condo building in na jomtiem,at reception a police officer was standing with security guard which i didnt take much notice of,as we walked out a police truck with 2 other police c***z pulled up behind us stormed out to question us,the 2 former tenants got out with the police,the foreign tenant started shouting and screaming at me saying that he wanted the money and that he would fk me up,i tried to explain to him what happened but he wouldnt listen and his gf offcourse said i was lying.He then threatened me and said that i was in the height of trouble because one of the police that were with them was her brother.I contacted my laywer straight away after the police started to get out of order,the police wanted us to go to the station with them{soi 9}i was asked for my passport and also we were told that they wanted us to have a piss test.Our lawyer told us to not go with them offcourse as obvioulsy we were gona be set up,they kept on demanding that we go with them and as we made our way back into the condo to the safety of our room the police tried to grab my girlfriends arm which was a very bad thing to do,anyway we contacted our local station and low and behold d police from soi 9 were already in there explaining the situation,the police admitted that he was wrong to grab my girlfriends arm,this police is very high up on soi 9 ,this happened 3 weeks ago and that man and that :)_ch will never get there deposit back.But this just once again proves something that we all here already know,that d police here are a pack of corrupt "_N-z

Seems more likely to me, that some Thai girlfriends are not to be trusted to pay the rent with moneys sent to them for that purpose, spins the boyfriend a yarn then blames you for not giving back the deposit. Police grabbing girls arm tho deffo out of order.

in business you get anyone and everyone to sign variations to ANY contract, and also copy it and keep at a different location. In a situation like this you just wave a signed copy to the police and boyfriend.

They were busy doing their community pay back so couldn't make it :D I have a vision in my mind of what this guy looks like and can imagine him trying to be the gangster in front of the MIB's :) Only in Pattaya ?

The contract was done with a real estate agent in jomtiem,the police already had the contract in there hands.The former tenants had promised the police half of the deposit if they had goten the money back of me.

If they got their deposit back in full, they still owe you the last months rent.

Go back to the thieves in brown and tell them you'll give 'em half if they enforce the law for you.

This place is a joke. :)

Am I missing something here? It was a short term rental with a 44K deposit, right? How ere they paying? Monthly rent payments? if so, what was the monthly rent? If there is one month owed and the rent for the month is 20k or even 30k, don't you still have to give the tenants back some money? If you don't, wouldn't that make you a thief and you'd end up looking bad in the dispute?

Have you considered, sending this fellow a lawyer's letter and explaining what happened? Ask him to provide the receipt that he would have received when the g/f paid. You do give receipts right?

You are filing income taxes and declaring your income, right? So shouldn't you be keeping some sort of accounting records that you can show the authorities?

Sorry Thugsy, but it seems to me you might be a tad dirty yourself if you don't give receipts or return the unused portion of the deposit.

Read the posts again,i have already sent him a lawyers letter,ive asked him for the receipt which i know he cant show because he doesnt have one,and yes i do give receipts but on the last month in question i didnt give any,i had all the accounting records which i did show the authorities but they couldnt care less."THUGSY"grow up with the name calling. And yes you are missing something m8

Edited by alasatra

I had told the officers and the ex tenant that i would only give back 22 thousand but they refused and kept on demanding the full 44,i kept on showing them the receipts and explaing but instead of listening they started demanding to see my passport and told me they wanted to piss test me "but it seems to me you might be a tad dirty yourself if you don't give receipts or return the unused portion of the deposit."Im certainly not the one dirty

They were busy doing their community pay back so couldn't make it :D I have a vision in my mind of what this guy looks like and can imagine him trying to be the gangster in front of the MIB's :) Only in Pattaya ?

It's 'gangsta'

Yes and i tried to explain all this to my ex tenant but he believed his gf over me ,she was acting all sweet and innocent offcourse.He was acting all big just because one of the police was her brother.

Oilfield trash with a 'hi-so' gf.. I know the sort. Just make sure your gf is a reliable business partner, eh? Mind you, everyone's girl is different in this bloody place.

Go back to the thieves in brown and tell them you'll give 'em half if they enforce the law for you.

This place is a joke. :D

Texpat has got the right handle on this; the MIB are probably waiting for your offer right now. If you expect to do business in Thailand then you have to understand the Thai policeman is your friend, OK?

I had told the officers and the ex tenant that i would only give back 22 thousand but they refused and kept on demanding the full 44,i kept on showing them the receipts and explaing but instead of listening they started demanding to see my passport and told me they wanted to piss test me "but it seems to me you might be a tad dirty yourself if you don't give receipts or return the unused portion of the deposit."Im certainly not the one dirty

Piss test? On what grounds, thell them to do one.

He said my ex tenant has no case,d police captain was a major prick

I'm wondering who in soi 9 this was! My guess is that he isn't that big to act like that. :)

And what makes you think that you guess he wouldnt be that big because of the way behaved,like the police here have ethics

On the whole I have no problems with Pattaya police but the only ones I have found to be a bit offish etc are the lower ranks.

There are also a few police captains in soi 9, the Chief who is quite new is a police Colonel as was the one before.

:)

Ill post a pic of him but i dont think it wud be allowed,best not for my sake eh,anyway he has short black hair and his face is brown lol,and he is short.But a major Prick

Has he got brown eyes and a brown uniform? :D

(don't post a pic :) )