Fatal Motorcycle Accident On May 8th

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I write to tell you that Jim (Thumchok on ThaiVisa) was killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday May 8th.

013109JimsAndMonSm.jpg

A thread was started on the day of the accident and we asked ThaiVisa to remove it out of respect for Jim's family and loved ones so that they could be properly notified and not discover the terrible news on the ThaiVisa forum.

Please be considerate - Jim's wife, children, family and friends do read the ThaiVisa forum.

Rest in Peace Jim- you were a gentle giant with a huge heart and you were taken from us far too soon.

013109LobBuriJimMonSm.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim was on opur ride list and we notified n by his sister in law, very kind of her. We didn't get to see Jim amuch as ew wopuld have liked, but everytime we did it was great time with a great rider. I was looked forward to he next time we would hook up with him. Never once heard a word of anger for him, very helpful and fun person to be with.

We will miss future rides with him. All mt best to his family and friends

Rest in Peace Jim. You will always be remembered.

---

Adapted from The Spirit in the Sky - By: Dan Kuryliak

May you have been reborn

On the wings of a mighty steed.

On an endless open highway,

without bonds of civilization to distract or confine thee.

Be free now, Jim, as free as the spirit in the sky.

I lost 4 very close friends within 2 years in the 70s, Mick,Margaret,Barry & Angela, we were a tight-knit group and always together at weekends, racing camping weekends, Biking holidays in Europe, They were my best friends,

I feel for Jims family and friends, i still have memory back-tracks 30 years on,

R.I.P Jim, and condolences to Family and Friends,

Alex & Pan.