What Are The Joints With Girls Sitting Outside And Shiny Neon Lights?

dudeyone

I always see these little shop lots with girls sitting outside with the shiny neon lights. My friend told me they are karaoke joints, where a girl accompanies you. I asked her how much, and she said be prepared to spend around 4-5k BHT. I said no way because it doesn't seem to be areas frequented by foreigners and most of the time these places aren't in high class areas so I doubt any local would want to pay that kind of money for some drinks and just company. So what's the deal with these places?

Hmmm, why not just try it out and see for yourself? And yes, it looks like you are talking about karaoke joints, but the kind of karaoke joints where they are selling something else besides singing, as well. Anyway, you are just planning to go inside and sing a few songs and have a few drinks, no, you shouldn't expect to pay that much, unless you buy a whole overpriced bottle of whisky or two.

Edited by Jimjim

Karoke bars arnt exactly cheap...large Singhas around 120, flowers at 20 or 30 baht a pop and its 2k for a lady...I know because the guys that built our house used to go on pay day....and then heard all the stories the following day....so a few drinks for yourself, few lady drinks and some flowers when she sings a song, then having a naughty time with her comes to about approx 4k

per forum rules:

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

///CLOSED///