Good Furniture

wildoates

I am looking for some place that has good furniture. Do I have to drive to Bangkok? I have not found anyplace in Surin, does Khorat or Buriram have any, Looking for a nice leather sofa, bedroom set, mattresses, dining table and chairs.

:) We got a good leather sofa in Buriram.Bofa was the makers name.Brought it near the old Twickets Store in Buriram around 40k.

Don"t know buriram area , where is the old Twickets Store, will check it out, thanks

:) We got a good leather sofa in Buriram.Bofa was the makers name.Brought it near the old Twickets Store in Buriram around 40k.

Don"t know buriram area , where is the old Twickets Store, will check it out, thanks

As you come from Surin you will reach a set of traffic lights TURN LEFT towards Korat

You will then come to a BIG ELEPHANT MONUMENT go all around this take the 3rd exit towards the University

At the end of this road is a small roundabout take 2nd exit and about 40 yards up there is a furniture store on the right hand side..

As you come from Surin you will reach a set of traffic lights TURN LEFT towards Korat

You will then come to a BIG ELEPHANT MONUMENT go all around this take the 3rd exit towards the University

At the end of this road is a small roundabout take 2nd exit and about 40 yards up there is a furniture store on the right hand side..

Thanks, sounds easy enough

In Khon Kaen is Index.

It is near of Lotus, about 500 meters south on Highway 2. Big yellow sign on its roof.

Index is not cheap but has excellent quality. Also lots of farang sizes. Very much ruh rah.

Regards

Thedi

In Khon Kaen is Index.

It is near of Lotus, about 500 meters south on Highway 2. Big yellow sign on its roof.

Index is not cheap but has excellent quality. Also lots of farang sizes. Very much ruh rah.

Regards

Thedi

Thanks will check them out also.

In Khon Kaen is Index.

Regards

Thedi

There is a newly enlarged Index store here in Surin, near to the 214 Highway &Thep Thani Estate.

SOME of the furiniture is good

Dave

In Khon Kaen is Index.

Regards

Thedi

There is a newly enlarged Index store here in Surin, near to the 214 Highway &Thep Thani Estate.

SOME of the furiniture is good

Dave

Yes, was talking with the wife, she said we went there, it was OK, just did not have what we were looking for. We went to Bangkok the 1st of the month, they had a furniture fair going on, and we found leather sofa there we like, so......... maybe back to Bangkok.

Five years ago I furnished my house using SB furniture. Five years on the furniture is still excellent so I would say SB is very good quality stuff providing that you look after it of course, like anything.

HL :)

Never heard of them? any details?

Are they in Korat Larry?

Dave

Five years ago I furnished my house using SB furniture. Five years on the furniture is still excellent so I would say SB is very good quality stuff providing that you look after it of course, like anything.

HL :)

Thanks

Went there today, the corner as you turn to the FC and bus station. Brought some items, but still wanting a nice leather sofa, will check Buriram and Korat, if not there it will be Bangkok.

Thanks for all the help.

I am looking for some place that has good furniture. Do I have to drive to Bangkok? I have not found anyplace in Surin, does Khorat or Buriram have any, Looking for a nice leather sofa, bedroom set, mattresses, dining table and chairs.

7000 Baht

Teak table with 6 stools

Local bloke makes em'

No you can't have it! It's mine!

Teak_table.pdf

Went there today, the corner as you turn to the FC and bus station. Brought some items, but still wanting a nice leather sofa, will check Buriram and Korat, if not there it will be Bangkok.

Thanks for all the help.

If trying Bangers, go to MBK, some amazing furniture there, cheap to mega bucks, some really nice leather sofas, no crap

MBK!!! These prices seem high. Very high.

Have a look upcountry. Hand made stuff. I only know this area, Roi-Et mind.

I stupidly let the 'purchasing manager' go into one of those Koncept stores. 8000 for a glass table thing and four 'orrible chairs. 21,000 for a wardrobe and a bed. Got a good deal on sofas, 10,000 each (but I ordered them).

Any, she's been fired.

Now I do the furniture shopping and came up with that teak table and six stools for 7000 Baht. Little home based workshop in the next village. Can make anything to a very high standard. One off pieces. Great!

For wall hangings etc, you could try Chokchai. Fantastic place. Hundreds of real OTOP vendors. A 2.5m x 2m coloured tile wall hanging thing, 2000 Baht. Big clay fired vases for 300 Baht. Lot's and lot's of dreadful tacky stuff too, but spend a day picking over it all and haggling a bit, it's fun.

Depends what you looking for, i used to ship the Rosewood furniture from bangers, and other teak stuff from chaing mai, han dong to the UK, mind you i bought at trade, as was filling 40 footers at the time, but the leather stuff is not badley priced, i agree with you MJP, you can buy nice teak stuff around Roi et and buriram, have a look at the street markets they lay on some days, you will find nice stuff there at good prices.

Depends what you looking for, i used to ship the Rosewood furniture from bangers, and other teak stuff from chaing mai, han dong to the UK, mind you i bought at trade, as was filling 40 footers at the time, but the leather stuff is not badley priced, i agree with you MJP, you can buy nice teak stuff around Roi et and buriram, have a look at the street markets they lay on some days, you will find nice stuff there at good prices.

Yep.

Going to pop over to them again tomorrow to make my office.

They did two teak coffee tables 600x900 in 2" thick slab with that tree stump leg thing like on the big one there (only smaller of course) for . . . 1500 Baht each.

I put the TV on one and my feet up on the other.

Thanks will check out the Teak items.

Don't buy in the city at big places.

I bought direct from a wee little fella that makes them. What I bought for 7000 the big shop wanted 15-17,000!!!

PM me if you like, I'm near Roi-Et.

The wife knows a a little village here that makes that type of furnture, about the same price. Will keep you in mind if it is not true.

Would you let me know what you find? I love this stuff and I've a bedroom to do yet as well as the office. Would be nice to see if different styles are available.

Cheers

The wife knows a a little village here that makes that type of furnture, about the same price. Will keep you in mind if it is not true.

Would you let me know what you find? I love this stuff and I've a bedroom to do yet as well as the office. Would be nice to see if different styles are available.

Cheers

Will take some pictures and send you.

Cheers

Thanks buddy.

I'm going up to see the carpenters this week, I'll take some pictures too and post them here. Sure beats K - on ce PT.

Hardly local, but always worth a visit to Phrae, well over a Km each side of the main highway selling loads of teak. Slung what I could in the back of the pickup, they posted the rest to me! One each, a two & three door solid teak wardobe, 32,000b the pair, 1,500b postage, saving me the 6,000b tax on them. Also Hang Dong near Cm, but they've become very pricey recently. And no, not from Chiang mai but Udon, well worth the trip, 7yrs ago now and not even a sticky door!

Hardly local, but always worth a visit to Phrae, well over a Km each side of the main highway selling loads of teak. Slung what I could in the back of the pickup, they posted the rest to me! One each, a two & three door solid teak wardobe, 32,000b the pair, 1,500b postage, saving me the 6,000b tax on them. Also Hang Dong near Cm, but they've become very pricey recently. And no, not from Chiang mai but Udon, well worth the trip, 7yrs ago now and not even a sticky door!

As i say in a previous post, Hang Dong, Chaing mai was cheap and good quality stuff, i was shipping 1, 40 foot container a month when things were good, stopped doing it about 5 to 6 years ago, bet they are struggling up there these days with the exchange rate as it is.

I still have 150 cartwheels stored in Buriram.

Im not sure if this would be of any interest to you, but I am a supplier of supplier of modern contemporary furniture designed By iconic European designers. All pieces are grade "A" reproductions of the original classic design. We import a container monthly.

Our range includes the "Barcelona Chair", the "Eames lounge chair" and the "Le Corbuiser" range.

Nathan.

nathanrhodesdesign.com

Im not sure if this would be of any interest to you, but I am a supplier of supplier of modern contemporary furniture designed By iconic European designers. All pieces are grade "A" reproductions of the original classic design. We import a container monthly.

Our range includes the "Barcelona Chair", the "Eames lounge chair" and the "Le Corbuiser" range.

Nathan.

nathanrhodesdesign.com

Looks like good furniture, but that is no the style I am looking for, Thanks for the link.

Cheers

Thanks buddy.

I'm going up to see the carpenters this week, I'll take some pictures too and post them here. Sure beats K - on ce PT.

My office turned up tonight. Went to the little house/workshop place over the other village on Saturday at 6pm. Selected the wood, told them what I wanted and A Voila! it turned up tonight at 5pm.

It's the top picture on the attachment.

Price for the big table and two smaller tables . . . 7000 Baht (small 1500 each, big 4000)

Office_table.pdf