Woode Varieties

I just built a Klong to take away the flood waters when they hit in Bang Sare & was wondering what would be the best type of wood to put on the structure. We don't have much of a bug infestation problem here & really never hear about termites eating up the wood. I know coconut wood sucks- so I was wondering what would be a good choice. It will be 25 cm thick 2.25 meters wide & 4 meters long. I could go Shera or conwood but don't really like the look of fake wood. Thanks for the help again . You guys really ruled in the borehole question.... I leaned a lot & am grateful to all of you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry

I just built a Klong to take away the flood waters when they hit in Bang Sare & was wondering what would be the best type of wood to put on the structure. We don't have much of a bug infestation problem here & really never hear about termites eating up the wood. I know coconut wood sucks- so I was wondering what would be a good choice. It will be 25 cm thick 2.25 meters wide & 4 meters long. I could go Shera or conwood but don't really like the look of fake wood. Thanks for the help again . You guys really ruled in the borehole question.... I leaned a lot & am grateful to all of you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry

Hi Beardog,

use yucalyptus trees, they last long and termites and bugs dont touch them.

we made a few fences and frames with them, last a long time.

good luck

Hi Sionapiorwerth,

I had not thought of Eucalyptus trees for wood decking- but it sure wood work. Eucs are very resistant to bugs even mosquitoes hate the smell of them & they smell pleasant & got to be a hel_l of a lot cheaper than teak or some type of hard wood. I will have a look around & see if I can find some lengths of it.

To You

Barry