Ball Park Figures Thai Houses

micky44

hi guys, realize I'm asking the in possible but here goes, how much for a Thai style house ,you all know the type, concrete block first floor wood second with a tin roof! small sh village 30 kl ms out side udon, village size about 400 houses,elect and water title deeds, size about 10 mt re x 10 mt re, garden about 40 mt re square.typical issan farming village, any thoughts would be welcome, guess there will be some quite diverse opinions. cheers for your thoughts. Micky.

I'll guess 500k

I built one in Chaiyaphum 4 years ago for 260k but already had water, deed, electric on the location (we ripped the old house down and built new)

Plus i know construction materials have since gone up.

Mine was around 100 sq meters, one floor, completely tiled inside (floors) and painted inside and out.

Good luck. It took about 8 weeks total time once they started.

hi guys, realize I'm asking the in possible but here goes, how much for a Thai style house ,you all know the type, concrete block first floor wood second with a tin roof! small sh village 30 kl ms out side udon, village size about 400 houses,elect and water title deeds, size about 10 mt re x 10 mt re, garden about 40 mt re square.typical issan farming village, any thoughts would be welcome, guess there will be some quite diverse opinions. cheers for your thoughts. Micky.

Why you're not add some pictures to give Us a better idea from the property? Important is location. Is it on the main road of the village? Do the seller need the money?....... It's difficult to give some advice. The most importent thing is what you want to give and how hard it is if you ever lose this money.

Why you're not add some pictures to give Us a better idea from the property? Important is location. Is it on the main road of the village? Do the seller need the money?....... It's difficult to give some advice. The most importent thing is what you want to give and how hard it is if you ever lose this money.

Thats a good idea by Bart, a couple of photo's and a brief discription of location(& selling circumstances) would help with your answers, me thinks.

:)

Dave

500k baht maybe close to a good size city.....200k baht in a village! my wife's aunt built a very nice house in a small village for around 300k baht, so nice she can't afford furniture so they sit on the floor all day! but that's pretty normal for a Thai!

500k baht maybe close to a good size city.....200k baht in a village! my wife's aunt built a very nice house in a small village for around 300k baht, so nice she can't afford furniture so they sit on the floor all day! but that's pretty normal for a Thai!

I would assume they would not buy it because it would never be used. I have been in Isaan for 3 years and can count the number of chairs I have seen in Thai houses on one hand.

I initially bought a dining table & chairs set for my home and its never been used :)

Dave

Just finishing the second up here.

2000 sq.ft, single storey, 3 bed, 1 bath. 300 sq.m garden. Allow at least 1.5 million to 1.8 million including fitting out etc.

It ain't as cheap as folks think it will be.

Go to,

www.coolthaihouse.com

Talk to Dozzer.

They are real helpful over there on this one.

Do you have any Pics.

I take it you are looking to Buy one already Built I would say Land value Village Location 200 to 300K

Depends how desperate they are to sell Dont forget the price may be adjusted UP for Farang

I built basic house 3 Beds Kitchen and bathroom for 350K up Chang Mai Area

Village Location Fully tiled Floors and Painted But Coregated Asbestos Roof + Two Garden Walls & Gate

If it was a nice house 500k would seem Ok

Which one of these are you thinking about building?Or is it something else?

hi there!! well the one we have our eye on is like the first pic, only not quite as good con !! the thai wife is saying they dont need to sell ,its empty at the moment, been empty for at least 18 months want 700,000 the wife and in laws value it 500,000. its me pushing for it, not her. 700,00 would of been not too bad at 71 to the £, but 53 owch. I have this wild notion of the pair of us converting the ground floor in to a local ma and pa shop, only it will be a me and the wife shop, nothing to grand, there is call for one in her viallage ,at the moment there are only a few shacks pretending to be shops, yes i know i wont get rich, yes it will be in the wifes name, and the wife will be paying for half of it(she has held down two jobs in the uk for the last 3 years not sent a penny back home) thanks for the comments guys.

hi there!! well the one we have our eye on is like the first pic, only not quite as good con !! the thai wife is saying they dont need to sell ,its empty at the moment, been empty for at least 18 months want 700,000 the wife and in laws value it 500,000. its me pushing for it, not her. 700,00 would of been not too bad at 71 to the £, but 53 owch. I have this wild notion of the pair of us converting the ground floor in to a local ma and pa shop, only it will be a me and the wife shop, nothing to grand, there is call for one in her viallage ,at the moment there are only a few shacks pretending to be shops, yes i know i wont get rich, yes it will be in the wifes name, and the wife will be paying for half of it(she has held down two jobs in the uk for the last 3 years not sent a penny back home) thanks for the comments guys.

Good for you.

3rd PIcture across, with concrete living quaters underneath, 500k max, in our village two just been built each on just under 1 rai, the land is worth 500 k per rai, and the build another 500k, so with land and house a million baht, it is do with location, location, our village is 4 Kms out of Buriram on the Surin Road, i remember when we could buy land in the village for 30,000 per rai, 12 years ago, boy, have times changed.

post-9688-1242234797_thumb.jpg

This is one of them just built by my place, this is now finished and a total cost of 490,000 baht, mind you this is built for a thai family with no mod cons. but very big inside, bit sorry to see the old thai house that was there before demolished, it was over 100 years old. they are all going slowly, which is a pity.

Edited by Thaicoon

hi thanks for the pic, did they use wood on the top of the house, or was it that composite stuff that is being used every were now ? cheers.

Micky,

All built of teak, mostly reclaimed teak planed down, with wood windows etc, they have made a nice job of it, as a thai family house a big open space upstairs, i am in bilighty at the mo, otherwise i would of taken an up to date pic for you.

If you were to build look for a demolished wood house and buy the reclaimed teak. maybe cheaper.

When you consider the prices in Thailand, it sound crazy, as you can build a nice thai house finished, stained + painted for 500k, and i have just paid 70,000 for paint to paint my place and the labour 25,000 baht.

Edited by Thaicoon

I saw some brand new 300k-400k houses in Ubon yesterday that were not that impressive- they were two stories, but just posts downstairs and an almost completely unenclosed wooden upstairs- no insulation, and wide gaps between the roof and walls- they were more like recreational picnic huts or something. The people living in them are friends of the gf and had no reason to lie about the prices, i guess it's part of the mun river development. no tiling.

my gf and i are building a large house in roughly same location for 750k- 3 bed, 3 bath, one storey but raised and poured post/beam construction with steel roof frame, tiled roof. I'm still suspicious we paid too much, especially since nearly half the stuff i want for the house is described as 'furniture' by the builder that i have to pay extra for. but we shall see.

post-75846-1242810022_thumb.jpgpost-75846-1242809982_thumb.jpgpost-75846-1242809928_thumb.jpg[attachm

ent=83905:2.jpg]

Dont know if this pic thing worked but I bought 2rai with a house on(basic shell with tin roof).Its in the Phu Pan area near Sakon Nakhon.Inside a village.Cost me 200,000 baht. Upgrades are needed.

post-75846-1242809474_thumb.jpg

Edited by longstebe

post-75846-1242895544_thumb.jpgpost-75846-1242895513_thumb.jpg

Ok I found these. Still, crap photo's.Basically what I have is the same amount of land the other side of the house.To the left of the house is the biggest patch,maybe 1-1.5 rai.I paid 200,000 for this with the house included.Hoping after all is finished its gonna cost no more than 700,000 total.

Ok I found these. Still, crap photo's.Basically what I have is the same amount of land the other side of the house.To the left of the house is the biggest patch,maybe 1-1.5 rai.I paid 200,000 for this with the house included.Hoping after all is finished its gonna cost no more than 700,000 total.

Fair play, you had a good deal there, nice one, the tiled roof looks good, best of luck, keep the pics rolling.

hi longstebe, thanks for the photos, looks like a great project, thank you for taking the time to post them. can i ask you how long ago you bought this land ? the price you have paid looks to be a bargain. thaks once again, micky.

Alright Mickey

I bought this land in march this year.I also have another piece of land nearby which cost me the same but it has no home built on it and its on about 1 rai. I have spent some money laying a load of soil down and building a wall all the way around (3 sides i mean). Probably would like to sell this in the near future.

We bought one like the first pic, except maybe a little larger, near Renu Nakhon 7 months ago for 340,000. Small village, house in good condition, enough land for a garden if we want.