Thai Elections

chico

No chance at a change in government.

Personally I think Thaksin and TRT will be running Thailand for a long time to come.

I actually doubt they're ever going to be defeated in an election. When TRT fades from power it will more likely be from internal shifts, factions breaking away, etc.

The party that will run Thailand 10 years from now probably doesn't exist yet. However it will be run by the same people and families who are in power today.

There you have it. Thailand's political picture analyzed in a couple of paragraphs.. :o

TRT will win with a large margin, but then the real problem will start. My guess is that six months down the road TRT will start falling apart in squabbles over lucrative posts. (Give and take a couple of months)

It will be anybodies guess what will happen then.

Forgot to add the main reason why change is exceptionally unlikely this election: There's completely no viable alternative. The Democrat party is in a bigger mess than it was last time around. And it's all their own fault; they desperately need to get their act together. If they can't manage their own party and election effort properly, how are they supposed to run the country.

My wife will vote democrat, but even she acknowledges that she, her business and Thailand as a whole are probably better off with Thaksin and TRT.

Same same, Thai Rak Thai with probably an even bigger majority. A lot of the other parties top candidates have defected to Thai Rak Thai too. Another four years with no effective opposition.

Seeing as there will be very few of us entitled to vote maybe I should start a poll here for Thai Visa members to vote in.

I even updated my Avatar for the occasion... 

Anyone want one T-Shirt size? :D)

(For the dyslexic among us, it says 'Farang rak Thai'. .. :D )

Cheers,

Chanchao

I was given a TRT jacket by our local MP, Amphur NoneThai. My brother in laws are all Chart Pattana local politicians, now swallowed up by TRT.

Wore it whilst out riding my motorbike early mornings during the recent cold spell, some other candidate complained of a falang riding around the countryside advertising for TRT!!

Outcome was the local police came and asked me to wear another jacket until after the election :D

So I wonder what thay would make of your T-shirts? :o ?

I'd love one!!

TIT :D

I even updated my Avatar for the occasion... 

Anyone want one T-Shirt size? :D)

(For the dyslexic among us, it says 'Farang rak Thai'. .. :D )

Cheers,

Chanchao

I was given a TRT jacket by our local MP, Amphur NoneThai. My brother in laws are all Chart Pattana local politicians, now swallowed up by TRT.

Wore it whilst out riding my motorbike early mornings during the recent cold spell, some other candidate complained of a falang riding around the countryside advertising for TRT!!

Outcome was the local police came and asked me to wear another jacket until after the election :D

So I wonder what thay would make of your T-shirts? :o ?

I'd love one!!

TIT :D

Would appear that a lot more is at stake than a few T-shirts. Just been on phone (from HK) to bro in law - appears bumper wekend in progress - he is running taxi for TRT supporters to vote from village to polling stn. TRt votes in HK were selling at 100HK$ Bt500 last w/e. TRT budget must be massive. :D

Edited by pnustedt