5 Baht Atm Withdrawal Fee

i hold a ayudhya bank account in bangkok

for as long as i can remember, there were no charges if i made an atm cash withdrawal in bangkok

however recently i noticed a baht charge being added to the withdrawal amount in the password

i would like to enquire if all banks nationwide had implemented this policy and if not, which banks still offer no service fee withdrawal from their local branch network

thanks

i hold a ayudhya bank account in bangkok

for as long as i can remember, there were no charges if i made an atm cash withdrawal in bangkok

however recently i noticed a baht charge being added to the withdrawal amount in the password

i would like to enquire if all banks nationwide had implemented this policy and if not, which banks still offer no service fee withdrawal from their local branch network

thanks

I use bangkok bank atm card. If withdrawn from other atms other than bkk bank more than 4 or 5 there will be a fee of 5 baht for every withdrawal. I think it applies to all banks.

Depending on the bank there is a charge if you use another banks ATM, a charge is you make a withdrawal from another area of Thailand, and the recently introduced charge for foreign card atm withdrawals.

This latter issue has been discussed in the letters to the editor section of the BKK papers the past couple of weeks and in several threads in Thaivisa, particularly the one below - which is currently just a few lines below your thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Banks-S...it-t255263.html

Are you talking about one of these or is this something quite separate/new?

Are you saying this is using your banks own ATM machines? Or using ATM Pool machines? There has always been the charge for ATM Pool if you make more than 4 transactions in one month. If you are being charged for using your own bank ATM in the same area it is new to me. Used Bangkok Bank ATM today and no charge for withdrawal of 25k.

Are you saying this is using your banks own ATM machines? Or using ATM Pool machines? There has always been the charge for ATM Pool if you make more than 4 transactions in one month. If you are being charged for using your own bank ATM in the same area it is new to me. Used Bangkok Bank ATM today and no charge for withdrawal of 25k.

yes i think it could be the charges referring to the atm pool. thanks

In the past, you would be charged 20 baht for every transaction using an ATM belonging to another bank than your own.

If it is now 5, they've lowered the fee... which I find hard to believe although I guess it is possible they are making it up by charging 150 baht on international ATM withdrawals.

20 baht is the out of area fee. 5 baht is the fee for using more than 4 withdrawals from an ATM Pool machine other than your own bank in one month in your home area.

How much if it's a Tuesday and a full moon and there's a 'k' in the month?

I hate complicated a charging rules :)

In the past, you would be charged 20 baht for every transaction using an ATM belonging to another bank than your own.

If it is now 5, they've lowered the fee... which I find hard to believe although I guess it is possible they are making it up by charging 150 baht on international ATM withdrawals.

Along the right lines and partially right but I believe Lopburi3 has is correct below.

20 baht is the out of area fee. 5 baht is the fee for using more than 4 withdrawals from an ATM Pool machine other than your own bank in one month in your home area.

And that is why I always do 2 things:- Firstly try to seek out an SCB machine when using my SCB card and secondly, make a withdrawal in Bangkok before heading upcountry on a trip. I don't like to pay unnecessary bank charges.

20 baht is the out of area fee

Got a 25 baht fee yesterday, at a Banks ATM [120km south of my home].. went 1st to a Bangkok Bank ATM with my Bangkok Bank Be 1st Visa but it said there was no funds the max I could take out was 1,000 baht !!! So went to the ATM at the Bank next door withdrew 10,000 baht the printed statement showed a 25 baht Fee added..