Sick Of These Sas / Mi6 Wannabes

DJ Pat

Met a couple of Boy Scouts one night drinking in the Denny Corner bar...real mean looking dudes :D

They said that they were staying in the Imperial Queens Park Hotel :D just up the road,but I could tell by their body movements and the way they were knocking back their glasses of Amarit that they were really on an some sort of covert undercover mission and laying low.

They did eventually stagger on their way back to said rondey-vous but I could tell even with the "fake"uniforms they had on they must have been travelling ingognito. :D:o .........yea cant fool.............. :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never say something silly like I was in the C.I.A or anything like that. But I will admit to you that being an Illuminati member gives me complete control over them. I've said too much already, dont tell anyone................sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :o:D:D

gall.cia.seal.jpg

Ghurka's - complete nutters! Mate of mine knew a few and swore they would jump out of a plane without parachutes if they were ordered. I dare say if you want someone by your side these are the type - no fiercer lot around.

Oh, you are right there. There were some Canadian Para's in Aldershot one time and drinking in a pub close to mine... Half a dozen Ghurkas were having a quiet drink... all looking like 98lb clones, dressed in Marks & Spencer suits, white shirts and ties. The Canadian Paras, about a dozen or more started getting a bit drunk and ones said, "Who are those slant-eyes?" None of the British Paras marked their card and told them who they were... Well one thing lead to another and some pushing and shoving went on... then it all went off! The Ghurkas ended up brushing the slight dust off their suits and left the Canadian Paras laying all over the floor in various states of disaray. They said a polite 'goodbye' and left.

These jokers were the same bunch whose entire regiment was disbanded after racist hazing incidents and the torture/murder of a somali prisoner. A terrible blight on our military's record. Good on the Ghurkas.

cv

I don't know abou the SAS fellas...but I once watched 14 US Marines question two young men about a suspicion that they were SEALS. This was back in 1979 at the Sierra Club in Olongapo. Never did hear whether the two really were SEALS but it was a sight watching the two put an awesome smack down on the 14 Marines. Even more humorous was the two were long gone by the time Shore Patrol was rounding up 14 battered Marines :o

This must be the first thread by djpat that everyone has agreed with.

There was an English guy on my visa run bus recently, that was telling everyone how it was his first trip back to Asia since he served in Nam,he was the right age to have done so,but shut up when I pointed out to him no British troops served in Vietnam.

There was an English guy on my visa run bus recently, that was telling everyone how it was his first trip back to Asia since he served in Nam,he was the right age to have done so,but shut up when I pointed out to him no British troops served  in Vietnam.

Perhaps he was a waiter in Saigon? :o

cv

I remember when the bear pit, used to be hosted on Thaivisa. Myself and my mate alluded to being something special :D and in the end we were labelled SAS soldiers by all who were participating and we never mentioned once that we were. We thought it was hilarious and kept it going, the yanks all came out in droves, telling how they once were in Bravo Co. etc :D - ah google is a good source of information :D

A couple of them still think we are/were, so mums the word or you might find us under your bed :o

Anyway it was good to work for the SAS = Scandanavian Air Service. :D:D

Edited by Tornado

there is fascinating book called "Stolen Valor" by Jug Burkett, former U.S. Army officer who served in Vietnam, that talks about phony vets and Vietnam vet myths. It is really an eye opening book, and gives dozens and dozens of examples of prominent and ordinary people who have spun whoppers about wartime heroism. Some were never in the military at all, some in the military but never in combat, others actually served in combat but still felt the need to embellish. Many of the phonies claim that they were in some special unit conducting "black ops" and covert missions and the like, and have have a number of medals for heroism. This comes in handy when they get called on it and there are no records to back their service up...they can then claim "well, of course there are no records of my service, it was all classified!" Yeah right, that is why your records list you serving as a cook at Fort Bumf**k, Alabama, when you were actually a highly trained government assassin killing VC in the jungle with a bowie knife...what protects these ######s is that most people have so much respect for combat veterans that they wouldn't feel right challenging some's service unless they were certain they were fake. The phonies take advantage of this.

The Vietnam vet myth-busting is equally interesting. All the claims about vietnam vets having a higher rate of homelessness, suicide, divorce, alcoholism, etc is all bogus. Urban legends, often propagated by people looking to get veteran's disability payments. Not saying these things don't ever happen to vets, just that there is no evidence that they happen at a higher rate than the civilian population as a whole. Much of the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder is sham to get veteran's benefits. There are thousands of Americans getting combat related PTSD benefits who never saw front line combat. They even sell books that tell you how to fake it (at a loud noise, drop to ground, narrow eyes and say "Charlie is here, I can smell him...").

The myth of the broken Vietnam vet, abandoned by their country, led to a sense of national guilt in the U.S. that eventually made the Vietnam vet an anti-hero/victim. If I hear one more guy say on TV or in a newspaper what it felt like to "come back to the world from 'Nam and be spit on and called baby killer" I'm gonna puke. I am quite certain that few if any hippies went up to soldiers or Marines in uniform just back from the war and spat on them and called them "baby killers." Yet from what you hear and read you would think it was the rare vet WHO didn't have it happen...

I was just talking about this to my wife and having a laugh.

Except for a 3 month incident, I got more injuries and saw more "action" falling off the back of vehicles (drunk), getting into fights in bars oh and of course falling off a ceremonial horse.

So I suppose the action was more self-inflicted. Oh well, maybe one day they will award medals for fights in bars with other branches of the services or other countries armies.

:D

Mind you one time I did a secret op and had undercover stuff.

I had to get off the base to buy some stuff as the boozer was closed. :o

Yeah, the stuff on Nam vets is heavy.

In the US though, now, you can barely smile, let alone leer, at a girl without being hauled up for harrassment of some kind...Jesus don't like it. Don't know about Oz.

What hypocrites that they either do not know, or don't want to hear, what their teenage squaddies have been up to in Patong/Pattaya or wherever...of course the girls are just gooks, still,ain't they? Not quite human..and what's that lingo they speak? Even for those nice black boys whose families were screwed for decades by the master races. Yuk!

So if you want to pretend that you are a GI or whatever....Up To You

Another good one are medals that don't exist, aren't normally issued (Special time periods only) or are being phased out of common issue, or even phased out totally. (Maybe grand-dad got one 50 years ago).

Then the medals that are normally issued (Campaign, Service) --- "err no, didn't get that".

Also Special Ranks. Oh the list goes on and on

cv;

It was a very heavy op. (4 cases of beer), The heat was on (Hot evening), the men "in the trenches" were in trouble (No BEER).

Isn't it amazing how you can embelish a quick trip to the bottle-shop in plain clothes.

It was a very heavy op. (4 cases of beer), The heat was on (Hot evening), the men "in the trenches" were in trouble (No BEER).

Isn't it amazing how you can embelish a quick trip to the bottle-shop in plain clothes.

Yeah, its even worse when a mission goes bad and you take casualties. Two weeks ago I was coming back from a hot LZ (Liquor Ztore), there was a crash and we lost 9 out of twelve. :o

Had to go back and get another dozen.

cv

Wiltshire, I was brought up 9 miles from Stonehenge"

Thats where alot of the British Army guys are based.

Normally guys from other regiments don't mix very well, I guy i know has his mates here who are Para's "They'll do anyone even thai's that mess with em" he say's, I tell him to shut the f*** up as the thais would'nt be impressed and would'nt care about there military experiences.

Along with these Para's my best mate comes here every 9 weeks whilst on leave from Iraq (security for VIPS etc) he left The Royal Green Jackets 4 years ago after being with them for 12 years or so, He's straight over to the Para's and their comparing training, experiences, Where you been stationed then and all that stuff. In the end they agreed to disagree as it were.

Pat your lucky the guy did'nt slap you. :lol:

I ran a pub in Aldershot, England for a year. Many Para's are based there and many were regular customers. There is also a Ghurka Regiment in Aldershot, or used to be. The only guys the Para's would not mess with were the Ghurka's. RHA in Aldershot Ghurka,s were stationed at Cove only Para museum and 7 RHA in Aldershot now, nignoy

In that year, I never heard anybody say they were in the SAS. Those guys would never let anybody know... and certainly NOT if they were serving.

CV;

Hot Landing zone, and also the big EVAC in a hot landing zone.

The number of hot zones, the endless problems.

The worst was a medical evac in a HOT-ZONE. (Taking a P!ss in a Pub car park, the gound is hot and you have forgotten your shoes )

Oh that Bitumen burning my feet, oh bitumen or Naphalm,,,, Now that is where the truth stops and the embishment starts.

But CV, maybe we should team up and write "War Fiction". Just walk aroung Pattaya for a week and write the experience.

Here is an example :

Their eyes kept peering me, I could feel them in my back, I didn't know if to take cover in a friendly "Safe House" or make a run for it.

Adapted from - strolling along the beach in Pattaya at 8:30 pm. Tired of all the girls there, should I go to a bar, or up to walking street ????

Matt

There was an English guy on my visa run bus recently, that was telling everyone how it was his first trip back to Asia since he served in Nam,he was the right age to have done so,but shut up when I pointed out to him no British troops served  in Vietnam.

EErrrrrmmmmm..Not officially :o

Quote:

Commonwealth Special Forces In Vietnam

There is no official information about any members of the British SAS having served in Vietnam. At the height of the Vietnam war the British SAS were heavily committed in Borneo, Aden and the Radfan. However British SAS instructors are regularly sent on attachment to both Australian and New Zealand SAS Squadrons. It is generally thought that a few British SAS personnel attached to  the Australian and New Zealand SAS while they were deployed in Vietnam under the official title of instructor. After the war 70 British General Service Medals were issued with the Bar South Vietnam 1962-64. No Names or units are mentioned.

CV;

Hot Landing zone, and also the big EVAC in a hot landing zone.

The number of hot zones, the endless problems.

The worst was a medical evac in a HOT-ZONE. (Taking a P!ss in a Pub car park, the gound is hot and you have forgotten your shoes )

Oh that Bitumen burning my feet, oh bitumen or Naphalm,,,, Now that is where the truth stops and the embishment starts.

But CV, maybe we should team up and write "War Fiction". Just walk aroung Pattaya for a week and write the experience.

Here is an example :

Their eyes kept peering me, I could feel them in my back, I didn't know if to take cover in a friendly "Safe House" or make a run for it.

Adapted from - strolling along the beach in Pattaya at 8:30 pm. Tired of all the girls there, should I go to a bar, or up to walking street ????

Matt

I wonder how long until it all came full circle and people on Thaivisa started topics to trash our books? :o

cv

I wonder how long until it all came full circle and people on Thaivisa started topics to trash our books? 

cv

Thats right

I completly deny we ever went on a (boozy) holiday to Pattaya together.

We never Stayed at a hotel in Beach Soi 7

We never had a drink at the MIA Bar.

Those girls weren't Khmer

And most of all I never wrote this.

I completly disown myself from this post....

How is that for a denial ??? :o

Sure about that?

The Fijians are some of the toughest SAS out there. I'm Hereford born and bred and went up into the Brecons with my mate and his dad, Tak, camping many years ago. The amount of gear he had on his back was astounding and he would blast through the mountains like they were flat. Pretty scary shit when Tak told me and my mate we had to take it in turns to guard the camp up in the tree at night and shoot any wolves that would come by, and then pretended to give us a pistol. Bugger! ended up sleeping in the middle of the tent all night.

The Fijians are some of the toughest SAS out there. I'm Hereford born and bred and went up into the Brecons with my mate and his dad, Tak, camping many years ago. The amount of gear he had on his back was astounding and he would blast through the mountains like they were flat. Pretty scary shit when Tak told me and my mate we had to take it in turns to guard the camp up in the tree at night and shoot any wolves that would come by, and then pretended to give us a pistol. Bugger! ended up sleeping in the middle of the tent all night.

When I worked for The Dubai Royal Family they obviously had security and the 2 guys that were with our house were both ex SAS, In there late 50's but still very very tough, One of them still does Sky TV ,mountaineering adventure holidays etc and the other one is still security i believe but he is from Fiji and he WAS one of the guy's who came down the ropes in the siege in London in the 1970's. Who dares wins. :o