The Best Tailor In Bangkok With In Store Workplace?

Swordsman

Hello,

Been to Thailand a couple of times now on short term contracts; and I am yet to find a truly good tailor. Most of the ones that I have been too have been the same old Indian/Pakistani deal where they dont have a button to spare in the shop, and much less know anything about the product. Have had a couple of shirts made up that way - and have no true reason to complain, but I figured that this time I would step it up a notch and see what a real tailor, one with an instore sewing/work room can accomplish.

Did some searching on the forum before making this post - but most answers on previous posts on this topic seems to go back to the same old Indian/Pakistani/Outsourcing deals that I this time want to step away from.

Merely looking to having a couple of shirts, and some pants (Chino Pants and some regular classic Black Ones) made up with some work specific alterations/modifications that stray from the usual pattern.

I had a couple of nice linen shirts made up at Jim Thompson's - but they are a bit too casual for use while working.

Thank You,

Regards

Joseph

Hello,

Been to Thailand a couple of times now on short term contracts; and I am yet to find a truly good tailor. Most of the ones that I have been too have been the same old Indian/Pakistani deal where they dont have a button to spare in the shop, and much less know anything about the product. Have had a couple of shirts made up that way - and have no true reason to complain, but I figured that this time I would step it up a notch and see what a real tailor, one with an instore sewing/work room can accomplish.

Did some searching on the forum before making this post - but most answers on previous posts on this topic seems to go back to the same old Indian/Pakistani/Outsourcing deals that I this time want to step away from.

Merely looking to having a couple of shirts, and some pants (Chino Pants and some regular classic Black Ones) made up with some work specific alterations/modifications that stray from the usual pattern.

I had a couple of nice linen shirts made up at Jim Thompson's - but they are a bit too casual for use while working.

Thank You,

Regards

Joseph

Found this via here: www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=1538684

Check out the opening post, plus some other posts here:

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1207953&start=0&tstart=45

I'm in-between fittings at the recommended Tailors mentioned above.

Edited by hughben

Hello,

Thank You,

Regards

Joseph

Go to Hanoi in Viet-nam, best and cheapest tailors in the world in the old city.