Chez Marco

Rasseru

Glad to see we are well back on topic. I am very interested to read what others think of the place and its food, and I look forward to being able to do so on this thread on an on-going basis.

It may already have been mentioned in this or the previous thread, but is Chez Marco open for lunch?

/ Priceless

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may already have been mentioned in this or the previous thread, but is Chez Marco open for lunch?

I just called him to ask. His reply: 'No, no, no. Not any more.'

What a shame :D Now it's time for my afternoon coffee, anyway :)

/ Priceless

Edited by Priceless

So, some choices here: Get back on topic or I will have to close this thread or if Rasseru wishes to have it closed, cleaned up and re-opened then I can do that.

I would hope that we are back enough on topic that you will not have to close the thread. I would much prefer to leave it as it is, with all its warts and wrinkles, but if at some point you decide that the only choice is between closing it outright and closing, cleaning up and reopening it, then I would prefer the latter.

try chez marocs spend time there eating fine fresh food not on this thead!!! try the blackened chicken wonderful dish....!!!!

Welcome back Marco, ooops I mean Gatorhead. I was wondering when we might expect you. Buckle up folks. Now we're in for numerous repetitive posts about healthy, southern French/ mediterranean food blah blah blah blah. Please spare us! We read all of these in the first original thread. Nobody is questioning the quality of the food or the restaurant, least of all me. I just want to read about the food and the restaurant not anything non-related. Feel free to show more pictures of meals as no doubt you are their number 1 fan and probably have a copy of their menu on your pillow to kiss before bedtime :)

Unfortunately, as I believe you pointed out already Marco's isn't open in the morning so I had to idly pass the time of day on TV while I waited for the doors to be flung open to the great unwashed. Maybe I will try that blackened chicken or maybe I'll just go along and have what a look at the menu and see what I want. Or maybe I won't go at all but don't you dare be so presumptuous to post what I highlighted in red here:

hey, go try chez marcos or stay off thread!! what is this diffucult to get a table?

This was written between my post and UG's response as quoted by Gatorhead. For those of you concerned by such things nobody actually posted this line in any previous posts so this was clearly Gatorhead attempting to comment at the foot of my quoted post and on top of UG's post and either not differentiating the text or forgetting to remove it. However, I would hope that most people can now recognise this thread for what it really is! :D

Having said that, do try the restaurant if you wish as the feedback is very positive.

I was there also - at another table - and I concur. Everything was good.

Me too...

To think, I was so close and yet so far from the famous UG. Oh well, next time.

I had the 250 baht(ish) wine plate - an okay glass of wine and three or four tasty starters. Yum. Good value.

Was it your birthday by chance? A very pleasant fellow was having a simular meal and a few people mentioned that it was his birthday. :)

WHAT????? Hey go to chez marco mediterainian restaurant and try the food them comment... this is what this thread is all about. nobody wants to read volumous verabalege about nothing..

Marcos is open for lunch as of thuesday i ate there first time in a month ,it was great and we were the only ones there at 3:30 p.m. .. see photo of capaccio posted above above....

chez mrcos isa mediterainian restaurant ...why do i say this?? becuase this is what the owner of the restaurant called it on tuesday he said not french but mediterainian... he has mediterainian on one of his black boards....

Edited by gatorhead333

WHAT????? Hey go to chez marco mediterainian restaurant and try the food them comment... this is what this thread is all about. nobody wants to read volumous verabalege about nothing..

Exactly my point with this thread for the most part.

I hope you're working on commission mate but your sales pitch could do with some alteration. It's really getting boring now. We get it. The place is good. We'll try it.

I like keeping these restaurant posts OPEN, so that we can share which items we enjoyed most on the menu and maybe save a little money. I have tried several dishes that other posters recommended and have not been dissapointed yet. Normally, I might have skipped the blackened chicken, but now I'm looking forward to giving it a try. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I temporarily disabled this topic in order to do a "cleanup" of the worse case inflammatory comments. Sorry Rasseru, but since some members would like it to stay open that was the only option I had. Now, for a certain member pushing his Chez agenda I would suggest giving it a rest or it will be considered spamming and will have consequences. Hope this is understandable and amenable to members.

Reopened for discussion of the subject of the topic title.

The CM forum I feel is different then most others on TV. It "generally" is more laid back and some friendly banter is not a bad thing, as such it makes it a community forum.

An analogy. Bunch of friends around the dinner table start a discussion on a subject and all join in. After a while some of them start another, unrelated or loosely related subject and now we have two conversations going on. Then this 2nd group splinters off into more subjects and the next thing you know it's just noise. So when another friend enters the room he has no idea what everyone is talking about and sees one or more groups arguing and decides to leave. :D

So, some choices here: Get back on topic or I will have to close this thread or if Rasseru wishes to have it closed, cleaned up and re-opened then I can do that. Why do food subjects have to be so contentious? :)

I think this is a wonderful analogy. Otherwise, I think that a couple of guys have just gone bonkers, bad cases of cyberdiarrhea. Hey, guys! Take some digital loperamide hydrochloride? Maybe try duct tape? Tie your hands behind you? Take dancing lessons? Join a lonely hearts club for someone to talk to? Whatever!

Anyway, sounds like Chez Marco has great food. Glad to know it --- unless this is the biggest put-on of the year, and it has been sounding like it for quite some time! Did these Chez Marco threads start on April First?

Well, the parking situation sucks in that area.

yeh parking keep me from going to this place for almost a year... but you can park down on left side hang a left into temple street but it is a bit of a walk or park at book store on main tapae drag. the big mistake is driving down loe kroi hoping for a miricle parking spot... very seldom this happens.

Edited by gatorhead333