We Know Who You Support Now Where Are You From?

bkkjames

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born in Shropshire, brought up in South Staffs ( Wolverhampton is NOT in the West Midlands, I don't care what the poxy government says ).

good point,Stoke v Wolves always a Staffordshire derby,and what a derby

I grew up in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex but spent most of my adult life living in Shropshire before moving to Thailand.

I've been a Man Utd supporter since 6th Feb 1958 when I was seven years old, and yes I have been to Old

Trafford many times. :)

i'm a liverpool fan and am from about fifteen miles outside of the city. haven't lived there for about twelve years though.

and i've been to old trafford more times than james has. :)

Stevie

15 miles out of L'Pool puts you in one of the following areas, Chester, Southport or Warrington.

Or St. Helens, Runcorn, Widnes, Haydock, Newton-le-Willows and at a push, Wigan.

Rotherham United - Rotherham born and bred.

Go the Millers,

So it's rather fitting that you posted this on the 25th anniversary of the Battle of Orgreave.

for those wishing to know more see here :-

http://www.rotherhamunofficial.co.uk/histo...eavestrike.html

I lived in Brinsworth when it all started although I was only 9 at the time, I can remember all the police and TV camera's etc going through the village into treeton and then on into orgreave. I always remember the exact date of the Battle of Orgreave as it was my tenth birthday. 18th june 1984.

Edited by thaimiller

Mr BJ (I assume you have to be from the eastlands)

No james. When i was born we were playing at Maine Road :)

As for me. Born about 5 miles outside Manchester. My dad was a lifelong City supporter and took me to my first game at 6 months old. I tried to resist but resistence was futile, :D so I've supported them ever since.

Moved to Rochdale several years later and so they are the team I have a big affection for.

I have also been to shed loads of derby games and Internationals at Old Trafford but am proud to say, I've never paid to get in that dump of a sh1thole, once :D

Now give us your full story james :D

As for me. Born about 5 miles outside Manchester. My dad was a lifelong City supporter and took me to my first game at 6 months old. I tried to resist but resistence was futile, :D so I've supported them ever since.

Moved to Rochdale several years later and so they are the team I have a big affection for.

I have also been to shed loads of derby games and Internationals at Old Trafford but am proud to say, I've never paid to get in that dump of a sh1thole, once :D

Covered this many times before Mr. BJ, born in CAN, farther's family from Blackpool, mother's from Belfast. Became a UTD fan in 1993 I guess on a trip here (first exposure to the game in great quantities).

Interesting to see you tried to resist your old man's love of City - don't blame you - and don't worry, it's never too late to come over from the dark side.

Edited by bkkjames

Yes, everybody has been giving there stories, so the OP should contribute. How many league grounds have you been to James?

Yes, everybody has been giving there stories, so the OP should contribute. How many league grounds have you been to James?

Zero there Toady - however your constant needling makes me wonder though - does it make you feel insecure that I know so much about the game having never been to one in the UK?

No james. When i was born we were playing at Maine Road :D

Zero there Toady - however your constant needling makes me wonder though - does it make you feel insecure that I know so much about the game having never been to one in the UK?

:) Feeling a little defensive today James? I think If I look back on what you call constant, I have probably poked fun at you on this subject about 4 times. Probably no more, or less than a few other posters.

:) Feeling a little defensive today James? I think If I look back on what you call constant, I have probably poked fun at you on this subject about 4 times. Probably no more, or less than a few other posters.

You would think that on my B-Day a fellow UTD supporter would give it a rest, but then again knowing Mr. Toady, the pub hasn't opened up yet and he is off a bit because he can't figure out how to get there when it opens - sans umbrella -that he forgot in the taxi last night.

You would think that on my B-Day a fellow UTD supporter would give it a rest, but then again knowing Mr. Toady, the pub hasn't opened up yet and he is off a bit because he can't figure out how to get there when it opens - sans umbrella -that he forgot in the taxi last night.

:D Well Happy Birthday James. :D

James, I'm already in work, and thankfully I didn't forget my umbrella last night, so arrived nice and dry.

James, I'm already in work, and thankfully I didn't forget my umbrella last night, so arrived nice and dry.

Thanks, but you do work from the Crossbar I hear?

I was from London in my past life.

thanks for this thread James, suddenly it all makes even more sense about Arsenal.

Migsy, what did you do wrong in your past life to make a supporter of Arsenal in this one?

Thanks, but you do work from the Crossbar I hear?

:D So you keep saying, but no. Our office is very close though.

Born in the neck-end Stoke-on-trent . . . hence support Stoke . . . simple ain't it! :)

When I was 18 or so lived in Penkhull for about 5 years - just 10 or so minutes walk from the old Victoria Ground - I could leave my house at 2.45 and be on the Boothen End for kick off! :D

However after those 5 years lived all over the place from Manchester, London, Rome, Amsterdam etc making it not quite so easy to attend!

Me :)

Polish refugee out of West Germany, studied in Hereford, then up to Mansfield at the ripe old age of 14. Went to 'Field Mill' for me first real taste of football at 16 and the rest is history ..... once a Stag always a Stag

_40650490_mansfield_203.gif

Kan Win old as a

fartncan.jpg

:D

P.S. I will be 60 this year and still follow them on the net :D

Edited by Kan Win

Born and bred in Romford , Essex. Six miles from Upton Park and a strong West Ham catchment area. West Ham was an Essex side up until they changed the electoral boundaries in 1967 don't you know.

Now live half my life in Clacton-On-Sea, Essex (the other half in the LOS) so go and watch my local team , Colchester,sometimes now.

Brought up at a time when there was a visible West Ham/Celtic connection. So Celtic are my Scottish team.

Ever since I had taken an interest in the history of the Spanish Civil War - way back - I gained a soft spot for FC Barcelona. Still have.

That's about it.

Edit. To put a missing 'e' in Colchester. :)

Edited by Happy Hammer