Sukumvit Relief Road

dalmatian

You've all gone quiet!

Well, it duly opened yesterday. I didn't notice the date and there are no signs where I pull out, so my first encounter was with two pickups heading straight at me. I gestured at the one on the "wrong" side, whose only response was to push me even closer to the wall. When I got to the first set of lights I realised my stupid farang error and went over to the north/westbound lane.

Not surprisingly I suppose, it was pretty chaotic all the way through, with drivers frustrated, some lights not appearing to work correctly and lots of police whistling and scratching their helmets.

I'm off back to Sukhumvit until it stabilises a bit.

BTW, if you follow the signs for the Floating Market and turn off Sukhumvit up Soi 93, when you reach the above road north/westbound, you are directed to turn south/eastbound..............

You've all gone quiet!

Well, it duly opened yesterday. I didn't notice the date and there are no signs where I pull out, so my first encounter was with two pickups heading straight at me. I gestured at the one on the "wrong" side, whose only response was to push me even closer to the wall. When I got to the first set of lights I realised my stupid farang error and went over to the north/westbound lane.

Not surprisingly I suppose, it was pretty chaotic all the way through, with drivers frustrated, some lights not appearing to work correctly and lots of police whistling and scratching their helmets.

I'm off back to Sukhumvit until it stabilises a bit.

BTW, if you follow the signs for the Floating Market and turn off Sukhumvit up Soi 93, when you reach the above road north/westbound, you are directed to turn south/eastbound..............

You think so mickba......see here.. :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pending-loca...ai-t268898.html