Is It Worth Re-applying for UK Tourist Visa

Last year my Thai girlfriend who I had been seeing for 6 months applied for a holiday Visa for the UK and was turned down because she could not give a good enough reason for going home, since then I have been back to Thailand 5 times to see my GF and I am thinking about trying again, but this time using a Agency. Basically what her rejection letter said was1. she failed to provide evidence of a relationship2. stating that they needed passport proof that I had been to Thailand on the dates given, even though I sent the bills from hotels in Thailand3. no evidence to suggest that she reciprocated any of his phone calls to Thailand ( I use phone cheap at half a pence a minute and only shows 08448449898 on my phone bill)4. the only evidence we gave was a couple of photo's , overall no evidence to show that we where in a subsistence relationship.5. your unemployed and its not clear how you supported yourself in Thailand. they where not satisfied that your socially and economically well settled in your country.[/size] [/size]Nothing as changed since we last applied for a visa apart from 5 visits by me to Thailand and photos together, My GF is working in a Restaurant 9am to 9pm in a basement of a shopping center and its cash in hand, so classed has unemployed in the eyes of the law.

she works for 6 months of the year and the other 6 months she works in her parents shop in yasothon. I put together a great portfolio last time but it was not enough.

I was in Pattaya in March and i am going back there on the 28th of this month, so i am taking a couple of application forms for a Holiday Visa and i am returning to Thailand at the end of July for my girlfriend to submit the forms in bangkok and then go off for a holiday to Bali.

I will be back in Thailand at the end of September and if all has gone well, My girlfriend will return with me and since i wont have any more time off work until next year apart from a few days off , it would work out great.

My true feelings are, Because nothing has really changed from last time and i know how hard it is to get a Visa for the UK, I feel i would be wasting Time and money!!! and its hard to fight against all these Dam rules

I have also looked into using a Agency and at a cost of £450, there are no guarantee that i would have any more chance on getting a Visa.

I would like to hear your feelings on my views

Thank you all

Malc

Edited by ubonjoe
Edited title to include which country visa is for and type of visa. unbonjoe

It's always worth re-applying, but only if you can address all the issues in the notice of refusal.

Visas are regularly issued so your girlfriend must not lose hope.

The most important issue to address is the reason to return, if she works in a restaurant and even her parents shop then she should get written proof, the proof must be genuine as they might well check, I am pretty sure the ECO is not concerned about the lack of tax payments.

Of course you should have included the copies of passports, that is only proof that you have been visited Thailand and for how long you stayed, and it's in the list of required documents.

You certainly need to address the relationship issues, if you are using the cheap phone call method then say that's why you are making the calls, remember some girls have a few guys on the go (and I am not suggesting for one minute this is the case with you guys) and will only receive calls and never make them, do you email each other at all? give details and proof of your relationship in detail.

I presume that you have given details about how she will pay for the trip, sponsorship? in which case you will have given proof of your finances and the accommodation available to her as well as the reason the trip is planned.

The ECO has very little time in which to make their decision so it's only fair to make the application as robust as possible, not only putting all the evidence in an easy to read format, but having an index / flow chart to point out the important issues.

You ask about an agent, well yes if the application is exactly the same then it will get rejected, an agent will help your girlfriend fill in the form and no more (remember it's her application) but to me £450 seems a lot of money to do that, if she addresses all the concerns, reasons to return being vital, then read through these threads for tips, though as I have said before you need to sort out the chaff from the wheat, then I don't think an agent is necessary. If she does go down the agent line then it's vital that she only use the agents that are registered with OISC, there are a lot of cowboys out there who will make false promises. The fact that you have said that you will bring some forms in July leads me believe that your girlfriend is not very savvy with these things, I cannot stress enough it's her application.

At the end of the day only you two will know if she has a strong case and it's worth her putting in a fresh application.

Anyway good luck, but is it really necessary to type in such a large font, cannot speak for others but I found it difficult to read.

Why not put some money into your GF's Bank, if you can afford it, if she can show money coming into her account on a regular basis, then this might also help you.

Address the issues of the refusal, if you have used MSN keep the logs, letters, photos, prove your relationship has been flourishing for a long time, and it should be no problem.

Thank you both for your replys.

The paperwork for a visa is difficult for anyone to fill in, so its got to be hard for a thai Person, Hence the reason to take 2 or 3 copies.

The £450 is very steep to pay a agency and what i see is , they just fill out the paperwork for you, So thats £45 a page.

There is no guarentee that using a agency will enable anyone to get a visa and what i have heard about the companies who dont charge if you dont get a Visa, they always find a reason to be paid.

As far as a Strong Case , I put together last year a very good portfollio but was not good enough.

We will apply for a Visa, But there is a lot of hard work to do putting together all the reasons for allowing my Girlfriend to come to the UK.

Thank you once again

Malc

If you do use an agency ensure they have proven ability and are registered with the OISC . I feel from your statement it is worth trying again either do it yourself or employ a consultant to prepare your case.

Feel free to pm me if you require professional help.

Do it yourself. just address each issue raised on the last rejection to the best of your ability. the main thing is does she have sufficient funds and does she have a reason to come back to Thailand. As another poster said can you put money into her account, does she have anything registered in her name, property etc.

How long do you want her to go to the UK for?

Is your girlfriend going to Bali?

Thank you both for your replys.

The paperwork for a visa is difficult for anyone to fill in, so its got to be hard for a thai Person, Hence the reason to take 2 or 3 copies.

The £450 is very steep to pay a agency and what i see is , they just fill out the paperwork for you, So thats £45 a page.

There is no guarentee that using a agency will enable anyone to get a visa and what i have heard about the companies who dont charge if you dont get a Visa, they always find a reason to be paid.

As far as a Strong Case , I put together last year a very good portfollio but was not good enough.

We will apply for a Visa, But there is a lot of hard work to do putting together all the reasons for allowing my Girlfriend to come to the UK.

Thank you once again

Malc

You stated that one of the reasons was no proof as you only included a "couple of photos", yet here you say you submitted a good portfolio?

Which is it? If you supply enough evidence, photos, all phone bills, attested passport, invite letter, mortgage documents, payslips, council tax, etc etc

I can't see why you wouldn't have a reasonable chance. Spend time on your evidence folder and save yourself £450.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Hi

My Girlfriend has money in her account, she is a saver, so i dont think money is a issue really, she keeps herself working and what normally happens, she spends six months helping her mum and then works for other people for six months, she has a sister who does the same, So take it in turns looking after the Shop..

I believe the shop is in her sisters name"!!!! Long story.

My GF does own a Rice field but not sure on its value.

I have been very lucky getting time off work and able to get over to Thailand, The problem now is my GF getting time off since she is working in a resturant, But up to now we normally go somewhere new everytime we meet up.

Last year i took her to the malaysian F1 race and this year i am taking her to Bali for 9 days all going well.

The Visa people didn't doubt me last year, it was just my GF they doubted.

Malc

Hi Razz

The portfollio was to a Good standard, everything set out and in place, but i think the lack of photos and my passport let it down,

Here is what i submitted

The application form filled in has it should be.

1. details of her bank account

2. her passport showing that she had been to Malaysia.

3. Proof that she owns a rice field

4. photos of her family and shop.

5. details of her son (aged 15)

The only let down was showing photos has a couple, but you know what its like, you need someone else to take your photo.

The items I submitted where.

1. photo copies of flight receipt and itinerary that I had taken to Thailand

2. invoices from hotels with both names on.

3. all phone bills to a cheap line number with a explanation on the phone number, there response was , I could have been phoning anyone in Thailand.

4. details of my work and a letter from the company stating that I was in full employment.

5. bank details for 6 months

6. bills.

7. wage slips for 6 months

8. everything was index

9. letter from myself (saying that I would pay for her holiday and keep her in food and money, saying what our plans are and that I would be returning back with her to Thailand.

Why not put some money into your GF's Bank, if you can afford it

Not a good idea, unless you are regularly sending money to support her. In which case say so in your sponsor's letter.

Unexplained deposits into an applicant's bank always arouse the ECO's suspicions; especially large ones.

The obvious missing item from your list is a copy of your passport; the only real proof that you have visited there (hotel receipts etc. could easily be falsified).

From what you have said, using work as a reason to return is going to be difficult. However, if the ECO is satisfied that the relationship is genuine and so the reason for the visit is genuine then reason to return will not be that big an issue; as many have found out. Include in your sponsor's letter a brief history of your relationship, the reasons for her visit at this time and what your future plans together are.

Hi Razz

The portfollio was to a Good standard, everything set out and in place, but i think the lack of photos and my passport let it down,

Here is what i submitted

The application form filled in has it should be.

1. details of her bank account

2. her passport showing that she had been to Malaysia.

3. Proof that she owns a rice field

4. photos of her family and shop.

5. details of her son (aged 15)

The only let down was showing photos has a couple, but you know what its like, you need someone else to take your photo.

The items I submitted where.

1. photo copies of flight receipt and itinerary that I had taken to Thailand

2. invoices from hotels with both names on.

3. all phone bills to a cheap line number with a explanation on the phone number, there response was , I could have been phoning anyone in Thailand.

4. details of my work and a letter from the company stating that I was in full employment.

5. bank details for 6 months

6. bills.

7. wage slips for 6 months

8. everything was index

9. letter from myself (saying that I would pay for her holiday and keep her in food and money, saying what our plans are and that I would be returning back with her to Thailand.

That sounds an excellent list. I know you said she's paid "cash in hand", but what about pictures of her at work?

You now have 5 more visits as proof of contact and of an "ongoing and subsisting" relationship.

What you also need to add is a letter stating that "my gf would never fail to comply with visa regulations as this would jeopardise any future applications for settlement" etc etc

Good luck :)

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Hi there thats a good list you got, as mentioned Do not put a large sum in to her bank account as said it will get the ECO's bells ringing.From what you have said i would do it agian yourself and not use an agency as you seem to know what is what and you will feel better when you sucide knowing that you did it not a agency, also i feel that the ECO's are more favorable when agency's not used. (JUST MY OPION) But if you do use an agency make sure like THAI VISA EXPRESS says (ensure they have proven ability and are registered with the OISC )

Anyway mate all the best pete

Thank you all and you have spured me on into having another go with looking at the main issues of refusal, Part of my job is dealing with Document control, hence the reason of putting together a good portfollio last time, But i will put more effort into putting the evidence together and see what happens.

I know there still reasons that will go against us.

Regarding the money side of it, I must have one in a million, she never asks for money and i never send her money but i do treat her like a princess when together and give her a treat.

If all goes well, then she will benefit in the coming years when i can pack in work and either move out there or she can come here!!! but living in thailand does appeal to me.

I will let you know how i get on.

Malc

Hi there thats a good list you got, as mentioned Do not put a large sum in to her bank account as said it will get the ECO's bells ringing.From what you have said i would do it agian yourself and not use an agency as you seem to know what is what and you will feel better when you sucide knowing that you did it not a agency, also i feel that the ECO's are more favorable when agency's not used. (JUST MY OPION) But if you do use an agency make sure like THAI VISA EXPRESS says (ensure they have proven ability and are registered with the OISC )

Anyway mate all the best pete