Thread Locks Up Chrome Browser

lopburi3

This thread Baht Per Dollar Rate

has a call to load "secure.addthis.com" which fails to load and causes lock of Chrome - have to kill page to continue. It happens on every load or post to that thread only. I suspect it has something to do with the Yahoo chart in another post - although I get the chart displayed OK.

Edited by lopburi3

I had the same problem with Chrome and TV. Certain topics would just lock and you had to close the tab. Go to another page and OK so it appears to be just certain pages ? Got so fed up I now use FF to browse TV. No problems as yet :)

It is just this one thread for me. Get message that page has failed and to reload or move elsewhere. I can reload (losing the larger font size) and all is well until answer - then the same thing happens. Activity indicator at bottom shows it trying to get a response for the web site I mentioned - it probably does not like Chrome and will not answer?

Edited by lopburi3

This thread Baht Per Dollar Rate

has a call to load "secure.addthis.com" which fails to load and causes lock of Chrome - have to kill page to continue. It happens on every load or post to that thread only. I suspect it has something to do with the Yahoo chart in another post - although I get the chart displayed OK.

Hi 'lopburi3'

Clicked on your link and got this:-

post-3770-1242393421_thumb.jpg

using i.e. 7 works O.K. :)

Yours turly,

Kan Win :D

There is something about it that Chrome does not like (or does not like Chrome) - and it appears to be the call to secure.addthis.com

Chrome says the page has stopped responding and have to kill it and then load again. The second load works (but have to change magnification) until I respond with an answer and then have to go through the same process again. It is very consistent and has happened over about a 3 day period now. It is the only thread I have had a problem with; and I read a lot of them. Thanks for the check.

Edited by lopburi3

The reply worked without a problem.

post-21260-1242407615_thumb.png

I wonder what might be the problem on Lopburi's computer. I did notice an irregularity earlier today with loading pages of ThaiVisa. The browser indicated for an eternity that the page was loading when in fact it was already loaded as fas as I could see, ie all the posts were displayed, but the status bar kept showing "Waiting...", I forgot what it waited for. That was about 12:00 UTC, if I remember correctly, but everything was back to normal about 15 minutes later.

--

Maestro

It happens each and every time when making access to that thread, and that thread only. Had to read again this morning and same thing - call to secure.addthis.com is where the page stops responding and get warning to kill page or continue wait. Using about the same magnification with Firefox does not result in any problem loading. But Chrome is so much faster hate to return.

This is a magnification issue as have tested with normal text display size and loads in Chrome OK. But if I increase text size using "control/scroll" to what I normally use it hangs on initial load. Once loaded it is fine until a change made and has to reload. Have not had on any other thread, including photos and such cause a problem. The only thing this thread has that most don't have is imageshack graph display. But always have the "secure.addthis.com" as what computer is attempting to contact.