Flash Flood Warning In 18 Provinces

george

Meteorological Department warns of flash floods in 18 provinces

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department Friday warned residents of 18 provinces around the country to brace themselves for heavy rainfalls Friday and Saturday.

The provinces are Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Tak, Uttaradit, Phetchabun, Uthai Thani, Nakhon Sawan, Chainat, Sing Buri, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Rayong, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Phetchaburi, Rayong, Trang and Satun.

The department said a powerful low-pressure mass over the lower Cenral and upper South caused torrential rains in the provinces and isolated heavy rainfalls in other provinces.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-15

In Chiang Mai - we have had several days of almost continual rain. Lots of thunderstorms last week, but they seem to have abated.

Luckily they 'dredged' the River Ping three years ago. Too late for me as my dorm, close to the river ,was flooded out on two occasions before the dredging.

Even so, my garden is waterlogged and overflowing into the driveway

In Chiang Mai - we have had several days of almost continual rain. Lots of thunderstorms last week, but they seem to have abated.

Nope- just as heavy as ever today- been waiting to get my garden done , now looks like a jungle! Waiting for phone call from the gardener to tell me postponed yet again!

Nope- just as heavy as ever today- been waiting to get my garden done , now looks like a jungle! Waiting for phone call from the gardener to tell me postponed yet again!

Great to have the rain in the south..now to battle the mosies..live on a hill so only risk is relocation to the valley one stormy night! Hope those pilings hold!!

Seems I have a lawn that was rock hard clay/sand last week??.....aaaah TIT love it!!