New Australian Visa Procedure

I have just been through the new Asutralian Visa section process. Must admit it has greatly improved on the old one. For anyone who does not know it is no longer in the embassy building and also has its own website. Although the website is a bit flaky at times. www.vfs.co.th. All the forms and required information are here also for download.

Bronco will be please to know that the CW no longer make the decision on who does and does not get a visa. It is all handled pretty well by what paperwork is supplied. They have a check list, but don't really ask for anything extra, that is up tp you to supply what you think will help. They also encourage you to courier the papaerwork in and not take it yourself.

The glass window has also gone and now it is more of a "friendly" atmosphere. My experience had no interview, unlike my first visa application back in the embassy.

Paperwork is submitted and then transferred to the embassy for a decision then the passprt is returnrd to the visa section for collection. This now adds time and a further visit to Bangkok. They quoted me 4 days but were done in 1 according to the website tracking system.

Anyway all in all another successful trip and me and the family are off on the 14th.

:D

The wife gets to see what the other extreme of Austrlain temperatures are this time. Last time she saw snow and now it will be bloody hot. Such is life.

:o

One thing I forgot to mention. There are now 3 ways to pay for you visa:

1. Bank Cheque from mthe specified areas

2. Bank draft from any bank in Thailand

but best of all

3. They now accept cash.

Actually, they issue a bank cheque in the office for a Bt25 fee, but it saves having to arrange the money before you get there.

Also, you con't have to pay until after you submit your documents, so if you are short something on the check list it doesn't cost you anything.

http://tns.nipa.co.th/error/dnserror.html

We can't find http://www.vfs.co.th

You can try again by typing Thai or English keyword in the address bar above.

คุณสามารถค้นหาข้อมูลได้ใหม่อีกครั้งโดยการพิมพ์ภาษาไทยหรือภาษาอังกฤษบน Address bar ด้านบน

The glass window has also gone and now it is more of a "friendly" atmosphere. My experience had no interview, unlike my first visa application back in the embassy.

Paperwork is submitted and then transferred to the embassy for a decision then the passprt is returnrd to the visa section for collection. This now adds time and a further visit to Bangkok. They quoted me 4 days but were done in 1 according to the website tracking system.

I may have missed something, but that sounds harder. If it is just tourist visa your applying for that is.

Like I said in the original posting the website is flaky. Type in the url and keep hitting the refresh (F5) key. Eventually the page will appear.

Tuky, yes it was just a tourist visa. Why does it sound harder. Before the checklist was done by the CW behind a window and you had very little feedback from them. Once you submitted your paperwork they made the decision. Bear in mind that in many cases this decision was based on how they felt on any given day. Now the paperwork is taken to a place where each application is judged on its merits with no external influences, ie how you look when you walked in the office.

The only problem I found was this time we had to wait for a couple of days to find out where as last time we got it in 10 mins. All in all they were a lot friendlier. And the infamous GJ roams around, even talks to people if there are any problems.

I have just been through the new Asutralian Visa section process. Must admit it has greatly improved on the old one. For anyone who does not know it is no longer in the embassy building and also has its own website. Although the website is a bit flaky at times. www.vfs.co.th. All the forms and required information are here also for download.

Bronco will be please to know that the CW no longer make the decision on who does and does not get a visa. It is all handled pretty well by what paperwork is supplied. They have a check list, but don't really ask for anything extra, that is up tp you to supply what you think will help. They also encourage you to courier the papaerwork in and not take it yourself.

Anyway all in all another successful trip and me and the family are off on the 14th.

:D

The wife gets to see what the other extreme of Austrlain temperatures are this time. Last time she saw snow and now it will be bloody hot. Such is life.

Do you need the application form completed beforehand or can you get it and complete it there ???

They have all the forms there at the front door. There is a security guard who runs a metal detector over you and then they offer you the forms.

I downloaded mine from the internet beforehand just to make it easier.

Thanks....I have seen the forms on the immi site....but I am doing a visit as support for her when she applies..so it is probably easier to do it there.

Like I said in the original posting the website is flaky. Type in the url and keep hitting the refresh (F5) key. Eventually the page will appear.

Tuky, yes it was just a tourist visa. Why does it sound harder. Before the checklist was done by the CW behind a window and you had very little feedback from them. Once you submitted your paperwork they made the decision. Bear in mind that in many cases this decision was based on how they felt on any given day. Now the paperwork is taken to a place where each application is judged on its merits with no external influences, ie how you look when you walked in the office.

The only problem I found was this time we had to wait for a couple of days to find out where as last time we got it in 10 mins. All in all they were a lot friendlier. And the infamous GJ roams around, even talks to people if there are any problems.

I have been to the embassy twice for tourist visas for my other half. The second time she was my wife so that was easy but the first time we had been together for about 3 months maybe, and that was just as easy. Both times we gave the application to the lady behind the window and 5-10 minutes later called us back with visas in the passport. EASY. But the way you described previously we will have to wait a day or so? Thats the part that sounds harder :o as we do not live in BKK!

Tuky,

I am in exactly the same position, even down to the baby you didn't mention in your last post. :o

Yes the return trip to bkk to pick up the passport made it a pain, but like I said in my initial posting, they encourage you to use a courier so you do not need to go to bkk at all anymore.

The VFS is a private enterprise collection centre and in no way connected to the embassy (well not officially anyway) so all they are really doing is checking your paperwork before it is presented for the decision, so if you have all that in place, you can just send it to the embassy yourself. Probably save the Bt428 that is now levied as a service fee also. There is also a checkbox for having your passport sent via ems if you really don't want to go back. I just didn't want to risk any mishaps as we are travelling next monday.

Daughter's first birthday and the grand parents haven't met her yet. How much sh*t do you think I am in?????? :D

Tuky,

Daughter's first birthday and the grand parents haven't met her yet. How much sh*t do you think I am in??????  :D

We made it to Oz with a few weeks to spare before she turned the big 1, I don't envy your position mate :o

Thanks for the info manfromoz, not sure when we will go back again but I don't think it will be for a while. I actually have the folks coming to visit us in July so that takes the pressure off a little :D

Congrats on the baby, whats her name?

Im heading down to the embassy on Monday and have been trying to get onto the embassy website. I get to the opening page and then when I try to enter the website all I get is the ambassador's picture and his resume. Is anybody else having the same problems. :o

Bronco,

The office is directly outside the surasak sky train station. The CC stands for the Chinese Chamber of Commerce.. They are on the top floor.

I just tried the website (from Australia this time) and it came up no problems. Not sure if it is a time related thing or not. They also seem to answer emails, well mine anyway. [email protected]

Anyway there you go.

As for who is GJ, if you do not know you have never dealt with Oz Foriegn Affairs in BKK. :o

Edited by manfromoz