Timetable For Interview K1 Usa

My lawyer sent my package last week to the USA embassy. Is it possibly I could be hearing back within two weeks. I know by going through a lawyer they make sure every (t) is crossed and the packet is complete for the most part so I thought may (dear God) I might get an earlier letter or call to schedule the interview. Does it usually take 4 weeks. Has anyone gotten the interview quicker than 2 weeks? Please someone say yes so I have hope. Then how long til the interview after they give me my notice? Do they call me or send a letter. A call seems quicker and cheaper since we are living in Thailand. Should she wear her wedding ring(haven't got yet) for K1 interview USA? Please give me some advice on what to expect from them.

Thank You so much for taking the time to read this and answer.

Pum

My lawyer sent my package last week to the USA embassy. Is it possibly I could be hearing back within two weeks. I know by going through a lawyer they make sure every (t) is crossed and the packet is complete for the most part so I thought may (dear God) I might get an earlier letter or call to schedule the interview. Does it usually take 4 weeks. Has anyone gotten the interview quicker than 2 weeks? Please someone say yes so I have hope. Then how long til the interview after they give me my notice? Do they call me or send a letter. A call seems quicker and cheaper since we are living in Thailand. Should she wear her wedding ring(haven't got yet) for K1 interview USA? Please give me some advice on what to expect from them.

Thank You so much for taking the time to read this and answer.

Pum

Please, please, I'm nervous, I just need some peice of mind, We've been together 2 1/2 years and have a 1 year old. I been to the UK before and didn't outstay my visa. Will this help me?

First off, is she applying for a K1 fiance visa or are you already married. Big difference. And for the ring if your not married yet, she should only wear the engagment ring, but I don't think that it will make any difference.

They will notify you by mail when to send in the next package of information. They may notify your lawyer but I am not sure about this as I avoid lawyers. The key is to be sure which visa you're getting. A K-1 is a little more complicated than a CR-1 which means you are already married but for less than two years or an IR-1 which is if you are married more than two years. When you get the initial USCIS approval the papers will be forwarded on and when the consular services people at the embassy receive the papers from NVC or USCIS you will be sent a "package 3" specifying which documents are needed to do the next step and a DS-230 part 1. It will also list her visa type and have a case number (BNK######), and possibly a priority date. When all documents are ready you send in the signed check list, DS-230, and passport picture back to the embassy.

If you get a fiace visa, when she goes to the USA you will have 90 days to get married only to you, or she will have to leave and start over. They indicate that this visa can not be extended. The embassy web site has the details and a monthly appointment schedule to help you or your lawyer track the case number. Note: the details are on several different pages accessed via multiple links. Suggest you look at as many as you can. Or if you're using a good lawyer, ask them and insist on updates regularly and not accept mai pen rai.

Good luck and be patient.