Where The ###### Is.....

Would I be right in assuming that the Dept of Consular Affairs is one and the same as The Ministry of Foreign Affairs ??? in Chang Wattana Rd. (i need to get some translated documents verified) if it is, are there any outstanding landmarks I could use to find it easily :D Also, what would be the best way to get from the Australian Embassy on South Sathon Rd to the Thai immigration Bureau :D All help appreciated as usual :o

Would  I be right in assuming that the Dept of Consular Affairs is one and the same as The Ministry of Foreign Affairs ??? in Chang Wattana Rd. (i need to get some translated documents verified) if it is, are there any outstanding landmarks I could use to find it easily  :D  Also, what would be the best way to get from the Australian Embassy on South Sathon Rd to the Thai immigration Bureau  :D All help appreciated as usual  :o

Verification and legalisations of thai documents like family book and house registration is done at the

"Khasuan Prathet " it's out side bangkok in Nonthaburi close the large exhibition complex , think it's called muang thong thani , please someone correct me if i'm wrong. :D

minesterie of foreign affairs website

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/11.php

I have not used since they moved out of town but it would seem they are on the 3rd floor of the same building the you obtain a Thai passport and map is here

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1037.php

STeUc5.gif

Attention NORTH is   <-----   that side of picture

That's the one that i mean. As you can see if you take the inner Bangkok tollway (evelvated) in direction of muang thong thani . you exit , under the freeway and drive about 2 km's in the direction of the airport -> rama 4 road. it's on the rigth side so you have to pass it and make a u turn.

parking next to the building , be prepared for two hours waiting as your papers are processed . You can aslo pay for them to be deliverd with ems to your home but they will take 2 three days to process then.

here's the address

Information on location and contact number of the Thai Embassy and Consulate-General abroad could be obtained from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department of Consular Affairs, Visas and Travel Documents Division, 123 Chaengwattana Road, Bangkok 10210, Tel. (662) 981-7171 ext. 3201-2, 3204-5 or direct line 575-1062-4, Fax. (662) 575-1066 , E-mail : [email protected]

Edited by Darknight