Ride To Loei Region On Tiger Boxer 250cc

RIDE TO LOEI Region on Tiger Boxer 250cc

We are planning a ride on a Tiger Boxer 250cc

from Bangkok to Loei in mid-june.

If there is anyone on the way up north that wants to join us for some talks or wants

to share experiences on the Boxer and its performances, be welcome to reply to this forum.

Best regards,

Frank V | Tiger Tour of Thailand®

If there is anyone on the way up north that wants to join us for some talks or wants

to share experiences on the Boxer and its performances, be welcome to reply to this forum.

Best regards,

When is mid-June? I'd be willing to ride with y'all from Nakhon Sawan, or maybe even riding down to say Suphanburi. I'll be on a Ninja 250, so as long as you don't do the crazy over the (tree covered) hills and through the streams that Kano does, I should be able to keep up. I'd also be interested in riding one cause the B.I.L is graduating here soon and I need to get him some sort of gift. I don't love him enough to get him a D-Tracker or Ninja, but enough to float that ~70 000 THB that a Tiger retails for.....

Best regards,

When is mid-June? I'd be willing to ride with y'all from Nakhon Sawan, or maybe even riding down to say Suphanburi. I'll be on a Ninja 250, so as long as you don't do the crazy over the (tree covered) hills and through the streams that Kano does, I should be able to keep up. I'd also be interested in riding one cause the B.I.L is graduating here soon and I need to get him some sort of gift. I don't love him enough to get him a D-Tracker or Ninja, but enough to float that ~70 000 THB that a Tiger retails for.....

Hello there Dave_

we are planning to do a very relaxed ride up north.

No race, no competition, no First come First serve attitude, nothing of all that.

Time and schedules/etappes are currently pretty random.

Plus, my assistant and I are riding together on the same bike.

The idea lies exactly behind this, that is, showing the ability with which a Boxer can take two on a vacational-kind of trip.

of course there is more to it, but we limit it wordly to this for now.

Also, if you are planning to give a gift to your b.i.l. please do not hesitate and buy him a Boxer 250cc,

he will never forget it and you will be contributing to the well-deserved Tiger Motor LTD company growing process.

Best regards,

Alter;

Good information, if perhaps you misunderstood me. It was a tongue in cheek response (reason behind the off-road comment too :)) that I wouldn't be riding a ten year old Wave with shoddy brakes and thus shouldn't be the slow man in the group. I'm usually a slow rider myself unless I'm on some boring road that just needs to be rode over on the way to the fun stuff. I'll be back in LOS come 9 June, and should be back up home either that day or the next. I really do not like Bangkok, so the less time spent there the happier I am.

Any ideas on the routes? How many day(s) the ride is supposed to take? Etc? I'll be glad to be a photographer, especially if kano's going along. Should provide really good shots to have two falangs, plus how ever many passangers on a road trip.

Best regards,

Which Boxer to you have? Is it the RS? I am interested to check out the Tigers, I intend to buy by July, but have not decided yet what to buy.

Best regards,

What's a B.I.L.?

Best regards,

Which Boxer to you have? Is it the RS? I am interested to check out the Tigers, I intend to buy by July, but have not decided yet what to buy.

The Tiger boxer 250 is the tiger boxer 250 RS- tiger doesn't built any other 250 cc bike than this ( maybe more in future though)....the 250 RS is nice ride and has enough power too.I got mine 1,5 month ago and am really happy with it. Go ahead check out the Tigers . where do you live?

B.I.L. means "Brother in Law" i guess.

mbox

Best regards,

Hi J Fallis,

the Tiger Boxer 250cc is ONLY the RS.

;-)

And...please consider it seriously to buy one cause, if you read thru this forum you will see how the positive responses outnumber the negative one. There is nothing in TH that can compete with a 250cc bike for 72.000BHT.

And plus, it looks also nice.

Alter;

Good information, if perhaps you misunderstood me. It was a tongue in cheek response (reason behind the off-road comment too :) ) that I wouldn't be riding a ten year old Wave with shoddy brakes and thus shouldn't be the slow man in the group. I'm usually a slow rider myself unless I'm on some boring road that just needs to be rode over on the way to the fun stuff. I'll be back in LOS come 9 June, and should be back up home either that day or the next. I really do not like Bangkok, so the less time spent there the happier I am.

Any ideas on the routes? How many day(s) the ride is supposed to take? Etc? I'll be glad to be a photographer, especially if kano's going along. Should provide really good shots to have two falangs, plus how ever many passangers on a road trip.

Hi there Dave_

Do you live in BKK?

And...

The route is the usual one that goes up north.

What is LOS?

You are welcome to join with any of your ideas.

Talk to you soon.

Hi there Dave_

Do you live in BKK?

And...

What is LOS?

Talk to you soon.

Nope, I live out in the western edge of Nakhon Sawan. What is the usual route? One? I don't fancy riding up that way, perhaps you could put up a google map? If the plan is to ride straight up, than yes, you practically have to go up 32/1. But that's not much fun.

LOS=Land of Smiles (Thailand).

Hi there Dave_

Do you live in BKK?

And...

What is LOS?

Talk to you soon.

Nope, I live out in the western edge of Nakhon Sawan. What is the usual route? One? I don't fancy riding up that way, perhaps you could put up a google map? If the plan is to ride straight up, than yes, you practically have to go up 32/1. But that's not much fun.

Hi Dave_

ok, your question as to what route we are going to take is understandable.

We are just now lining up all the places/cities/spots that we'll be touching and as soon as this is read I will post it here.

After which anyone will be welcome to join along.

Frank V | Tiger G Tour of Thailand®

Hi there Dave_

Do you live in BKK?

And...

What is LOS?

Talk to you soon.

Hi Dave_

We are just now lining up all the places/cities/spots that we'll be touching and as soon as this is read I will post it here.

Come visit Lat Yao in Nakhon Sawan; there's some absolutely lovely roads that twist all over everywhere!

Hi there Dave_

Do you live in BKK?

And...

What is LOS?

Talk to you soon.

Hi Dave_

Come visit Lat Yao in Nakhon Sawan; there's some absolutely lovely roads that twist all over everywhere!

Hi dave,

Let me know when you here..i like to drive the Lat Yao area too usually end up at mae wong than...also the "old Khampaeng phet road" (the one passing Kiao Lieo) is a lovely drive...

mbox

Let me know when you here..i like to drive the Lat Yao area too usually end up at mae wong than...also the "old Khampaeng phet road" (the one passing Kiao Lieo) is a lovely drive...

mbox

You have then been by my house on many occaions. It's a beautiful area, and the 1072 is a nice road to travel on. I live on 3473, and cheat and take 3504 to go up to Kamphaeng Phet. You don't miss much and it saves me quite a bit of time. And I've got the e-ticket in my hand; I'll arrive to KrungThep on 08 June, so I'll probably not want to do the ride until the 10th at the earliest.

If I could make a suggestion to everyone in the thread; meeting at this GPS co-ordinate (13.948624,100.411327 or alternatively we can meet at 346 and 340 junction), which you can find in Google Maps, would allow me to show off some roads along the 'western frontier'. It's only a 70 km drive up to Suphanburi on a really nice road, so you're looking at some 45 minute drive. It's shortly after Suphanburi that the roads get twisty and I recommend leaving the highway, especially in the Chai Nat area.

I could be at the designated co-ordinates at around 0930. Suphanburi would probably be more like 0830.

I've fought with google maps long enough to try and embed a suggested route; click on this and see one that's got a lot of tight curves and yet never leaves us far from civilisation (with the exception of the Chum Ta Bong to Kamphaeng Phet run.....that's in the middle of nowhere!).

Hi guys,

i'm certainly intereted to join. Can you let us know your schedule departure and arrival. I must check with the TAT if I'm free.

charlie

Hi Charlie....

I sent you a private email about this already.

Please refer to that and let me know.

Regards,

Hi there Dave_

Do you live in BKK?

And...

What is LOS?

Talk to you soon.

Hi Dave_

Hi...

Thanks for your invitation and I will not disregard meeting you up there.

Leave me your mobile if you please.

Thanks.

mbox

You have then been by my house on many occaions. It's a beautiful area, and the 1072 is a nice road to travel on. I live on 3473, and cheat and take 3504 to go up to Kamphaeng Phet. You don't miss much and it saves me quite a bit of time. And I've got the e-ticket in my hand; I'll arrive to KrungThep on 08 June, so I'll probably not want to do the ride until the 10th at the earliest.

If I could make a suggestion to everyone in the thread; meeting at this GPS co-ordinate (13.948624,100.411327 or alternatively we can meet at 346 and 340 junction), which you can find in Google Maps, would allow me to show off some roads along the 'western frontier'. It's only a 70 km drive up to Suphanburi on a really nice road, so you're looking at some 45 minute drive. It's shortly after Suphanburi that the roads get twisty and I recommend leaving the highway, especially in the Chai Nat area.

I could be at the designated co-ordinates at around 0930. Suphanburi would probably be more like 0830.

I've fought with google maps long enough to try and embed a suggested route; click on this and see one that's got a lot of tight curves and yet never leaves us far from civilisation (with the exception of the Chum Ta Bong to Kamphaeng Phet run.....that's in the middle of nowhere!).

Hiya Dave!

The link you posted above is incomplete. Have a great ride and keep her shiny side up!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Extremely funny, both 'ya.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=%2B13%C2%B0+56'+55.05%22,+%2B100%C2%B0+24'+40.78%22+(13.948624,+100.411327)&daddr=Route+333+to:Route+3496+to:Unknown+road+to:Route+3013+to:Route+3456+to:Route+3456+to:Route+1072+to:kamphaeng+phet+to:Loei&hl=en&geocode=FdDW1AAdvyf8BQ%3BFdLh3AAdQvD0BQ%3BFQTY4QAdZun1BQ%3BFa-K5gAdhzr1BQ%3BFYa07AAdct_zBQ%3BFexY7QAdI5r0BQ%3BFR6J7gAdPPXwBQ%3BFZIe9AAdJmTtBQ%3B%3B&mra=ls&via=1,2,3,4,5,6&dirflg=h&sll=14.025851,100.370064&sspn=0.038971,0.054932&ie=UTF8&ll=14.385467,99.783325&spn=0.622546,0.878906&z=10

<--Here's the proper linky (I thinkie).

**grrhhh..google doesn't want to play nice with me; copy and paste the link**

Edited by dave_boo

Hi guys,

Routes to Loei:

The 203 from Lom Sak to Loei is a very nice road and gets really bendy and twisty nearer Loei.

If you have time, just West of Lom Sak is the National Park Phu Hin Ronkla which is really stunning. The road and views are great.

You need to get on the 2331 West of Lom Sak. That will take you up and through the park and you will come out the other side to Nakhon Thai.

Take a right to Dan Sai and back on the 203 to Loei.

Whichever way you go, have a great ride.

Hi guys,

Routes to Loei:

The 203 from Lom Sak to Loei is a very nice road and gets really bendy and twisty nearer Loei.

If you have time, just West of Lom Sak is the National Park Phu Hin Ronkla which is really stunning. The road and views are great.

You need to get on the 2331 West of Lom Sak. That will take you up and through the park and you will come out the other side to Nakhon Thai.

Take a right to Dan Sai and back on the 203 to Loei.

Whichever way you go, have a great ride.

^ Excellent advice- the roads around, Lom Sak, Dan Sai and Pong are absolutely brilliant! The 2331 is a thing of beauty!

Route2331.jpg

I've not yet ridden to the Phu Hin Ronkla National Park and really want to check that out too.

The best route from Bangkok to Loei is, in my humble opinion, straight up the 21 to the 203:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....471924&z=9

Happy Trails!

Tony

Here's an updated link with the 203 route added in; it does look fun!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=%2B13%C2%B0+56'+55.05%22,+%2B100%C2%B0+24'+40.78%22+(13.948624,+100.411327)&daddr=Route+333+to:Route+3496+to:Unknown+road+to:Route+3013+to:Route+3456+to:Route+3456+to:Route+1072+to:kamphaeng+phet+to:Route+21+to:Loei,+Thailand&geocode=FdHW1AAdwCf8BQ%3BFdLh3AAdQvD0BQ%3BFQTY4QAdZun1BQ%3BFa-K5gAdhzr1BQ%3BFYa07AAdct_zBQ%3BFexY7QAdI5r0BQ%3BFR6J7gAdPPXwBQ%3BFZIe9AAdJmTtBQ%3B%3BFfjF_wAdHnkIBg%3BFdnWCQEdoYgOBg&hl=en&mra=dpe&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,9&dirflg=h&sll=16.975368,101.304932&sspn=1.229375,1.757813&ie=UTF8&ll=16.878147,101.193695&spn=0.615013,0.878906&z=10

And Thaivisa/Google maps strikes again! I can't seem to embed the link, it keeps chopping it off or giving bad information!

Another idea I'd lke to explore is the Mae Sot Umphang run. A trip up to Mae Sot is some 10 1/2 hours from the meeting point I suggested, and the Mae Sot Umphang round trip looks to be a 7 hour ordeal.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=%2B13%C2%B0+56'+55.05%22,+%2B100%C2%B0+24'+40.78%22+(13.948624,+100.411327)&daddr=Route+333+to:Route+3496+to:Unknown+road+to:Route+3013+to:Route+3456+to:Route+3456+to:Route+1072+to:Mae+Sot,+Changwat+Tak,+Thailand+to:Umphang,+Thailand+to:Loei,+Thailand&geocode=FdHW1AAdwCf8BQ%3BFdLh3AAdQvD0BQ%3BFQTY4QAdZun1BQ%3BFa-K5gAdhzr1BQ%3BFYa07AAdct_zBQ%3BFexY7QAdI5r0BQ%3BFR6J7gAdPPXwBQ%3BFZIe9AAdJmTtBQ%3B%3B%3BFdnWCQEdoYgOBg&hl=en&mra=dpe&via=1,2,3,4,5,6&dirflg=h&sll=16.130262,99.992065&sspn=2.46942,3.515625&ie=UTF8&ll=16.103876,99.772339&spn=2.469748,3.515625&z=8

Alternatively one could shoot straight up to Mae Sot (7 hours), do the Mae Sot Umphang (7 hours round trip) overnight in Mae Sot, and do the Mae Sot Loei run (some 8 hours).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=%2B13%C2%B0+56'+55.05%22,+%2B100%C2%B0+24'+40.78%22+(13.948624,+100.411327)&daddr=Mae+Sot,+Changwat+Tak,+Thailand+to:Umphang,+Thailand+to:Mae+Sot,+Changwat+Tak,+Thailand+to:16.762468,101.222534+to:Loei,+Thailand&geocode=FdHW1AAdwCf8BQ%3B%3B%3B%3B%3BFdnWCQEdoYgOBg&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=3&mrsp=4&sz=8&via=4&dirflg=h&sll=17.109293,101.37085&sspn=2.45686,3.515625&ie=UTF8&z=8

^ Lemme give ya a helping Ctrl c, Ctrl v there Dave- (dam_n I hope this works!) :D

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...235962&z=10

Happy Trails!

Tony :)

Dear BigBikeBKK,

I have followed the route you blue-outlined in the google map and

I must say that it is pretty nice.

I gather it is an intersting alternative for riding up to Loei.

We can seriously consider to ride through that route.

However, as we have never been in those areas, could you please tell us if

accomodation is easy to be found along that way?

Best regards,

Frank V |

Dear BigBikeBKK,

I have followed the route you blue-outlined in the google map and

I must say that it is pretty nice.

I gather it is an intersting alternative for riding up to Loei.

We can seriously consider to ride through that route.

However, as we have never been in those areas, could you please tell us if

accomodation is easy to be found along that way?

Best regards,

Frank V |

That's my route!

But yes, there are places to stay along the way. How far do you want to ride in a day?