Linux Games

PastEgo

ok i do not have a dual boot system and do not want to put wine on my system to run games

but my missus wants to play some games on the pc

she mainly likes match 3 of a kind sort of things easy games as she does not know much about computers and does not want anything complicated

when i had xp loaded she used to play things like jewel quest lots of the iWin games and dynamo

any ideas folks before she kills me

shes tried the games that come with the 9.04 release but she has not taken to any of them

My favorite game is probably a joke to most of you, but I'm not that much into gaming (lately)

The game is called PowerManga, at first it looks really childish but when you play it a bit it gets really addictive ....

Get her started on Frozen Bubble. If she's anything like my wife she won't get enough of it. Plus you can replace the balls with pictures, so say for instance you could put Thaskin's face in for the black balls......

I recently installed FreeCiv on my little ASUS machine. I'm not sure if its a screen size issue but after 30 minutes trying I couldn't get it going. Is anyone else playing this game or have any experience playing it?

I've downloaded and been playing 'Urban Terror'. This is my first time playing online and I think its great. Previously I had considered buying and playing one of the 'Call of Duty' games but I no longer see the need. It's amazing that such games are totally free.

I also downloaded 'Warzone 2100' which is also great and exactly what I was looking for.

Another successful open software story. :)

TORCS is a pretty good sim race game, To really get into it you need to learn how to adjust the xml files, and thats a bit heavy for most.   I find in linux that I am using open arena and nexiuz a lot while waiting for downloads.  Lots of action.

freeciv loaded and playing no problem

also now loaded dosbox just to play Masters of Magic lol very addictive

also Fuse spectrum emulator

frozen bubble is good

I've have FreeCiv working to some extent, but the problem seems to be with the screen size of my netbook. The screen jumps around as I try to click on buttons making it unplayable or controllable.