Acer Chiangmai

Niloc

i have had 2 laptops die on me, 1 of which needed a new hdd. in both cases the chaps and service at the airport mall 3rd floor it city were 1st class, the rebuild and recovery on one wass extensive and I could not believe the price was so low and I wondered if the software was genuine but it all checked out and registered so I can give them maximum praise

I suspect my Acer laptop needs a new HDD. Where is the best place to go in Chiang Mai?

TiA

Colin

I presume that it is out of warranty?? Otherwise the obvious answer would be Acer shop on Huay Keauw road [ probable misspelling--I can barely pronounce it, let alone spell it}

I suspect my Acer laptop needs a new HDD. Where is the best place to go in Chiang Mai?

TiA

Colin

I presume that it is out of warranty?? Otherwise the obvious answer would be Acer shop on Huay Keauw road [ probable misspelling--I can barely pronounce it, let alone spell it}

There is also an Acer shop one or two floors up in Panthip Plaza, close to one of the escalators.

/ Priceless

I bought my Acer desktop at IT City in Kad Suan Kaew. Twice I brought it back after my warranty had expired and both times it was repaired at no charge. The guys there are fast and seem to know what they're doing. They have their standard fees posted on the wall and if I ever have to pay, their fees are reasonable.

There is also an Acer shop one or two floors up in Panthip Plaza, close to one of the escalators.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Priceless,

That shop at Panthip will just re-direct you to the Acer service center on Huay Kaew.

There's a current thread here on Acer and warranty on TV (not in the CM forum) that may be of interest :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Acer-Interna...ty-t262485.html

Here's an old listing I had for the service center address : (not verified recently, and those phone numbers look like Bangkok numbers, so please check before using)

Acer Computer Co., Ltd.

8/20-21 Mu 1,

Huaykaew Road,

T. Changpieuk, A. Muang, Chiang Mai;

tel 0 2661 9700;

fax 0 2661 9721

best, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Priceless,

That shop at Panthip will just re-direct you to the Acer service center on Huay Kaew.

There's a current thread here on Acer and warranty on TV (not in the CM forum) that may be of interest :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Acer-Interna...ty-t262485.html

[...]

best, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Orang,

Thank you for the information :) I had just seen the place, but since the three Acer laptops in my household have worked flawlessly since we got them (2005, 2005 and 2008, respectively) I haven't had occasion to find out that this was just a sales location.

/ Priceless

Edited by Priceless

Yup, just go the the main Acer customer service facility on Huay Kaew Rd.

Heading west towards the mountain, just after you cross Irrigation Canal Rd., you will see a line of shophouse restaurants, shops etc. on the north (right) side of the street. Past the 7-Eleven and the big Fuji photo center. The Acer repair center is the last one, right by the entrance of a large apartment building. You will have to continue westward a bit, until you can make a U-turn to come back to the location- hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

MY ACER COMPUTER IS NOT NEW AND HAS NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AN AUTHORIZED REPAIR DEALER. I JUST WANT A GOOD LAPTOP REPAIR SHOP...

THANK YOU

JOE

I bought my Acer desktop at IT City in Kad Suan Kaew. Twice I brought it back after my warranty had expired and both times it was repaired at no charge. The guys there are fast and seem to know what they're doing. They have their standard fees posted on the wall and if I ever have to pay, their fees are reasonable.

• 7 months later...
MY ACER COMPUTER IS NOT NEW AND HAS NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AN AUTHORIZED REPAIR DEALER. I JUST WANT A GOOD LAPTOP REPAIR SHOP...

THANK YOU

JOE

MAYBE DON'T SHOUT NEXT TIME...... and ask a bit more politely ... someone might even reply to you.

• 1 year later...

Yup, just go the the main Acer customer service facility on Huay Kaew Rd.

Heading west towards the mountain, just after you cross Irrigation Canal Rd., you will see a line of shophouse restaurants, shops etc. on the north (right) side of the street. Past the 7-Eleven and the big Fuji photo center. The Acer repair center is the last one, right by the entrance of a large apartment building. You will have to continue westward a bit, until you can make a U-turn to come back to the location- hope this helps.

Since things change around here so often, does anyone know if the Acer repair center is still at the location on Huay Kaew that mcgriffith has given such good directions for?

i have had 2 laptops die on me, 1 of which needed a new hdd. in both cases the chaps and service at the airport mall 3rd floor it city were 1st class, the rebuild and recovery on one wass extensive and I could not believe the price was so low and I wondered if the software was genuine but it all checked out and registered so I can give them maximum praise

I second that.

The IT City at the Airport Plaza have an excellent service department for Acer computers. Had 2 repaired there, myself.

I've used the ACER Service Centre on Huay Kaew Rd. The service there was excellent. They could not find a problem with my laptop and therefore they didn't even charge me.

Left a tip for the girl on the counter and the technician as a way of thank you though.

Seems logical to me that if you have an ACER that requires attention then that would be the first choice to take it.

I for one would put it as my first choice just on the limited experience I've had with them already.

• 10 months later...

Just a heads up, Acer Chiang Mai aren't on Huay Kaew anymore - gate guard said two years now. They're at Chiang Mai gate now.

That was a right hoot - I started by going to Computer plaza near Chang Phuak gate, remembered acer being there about 4 years ago, but I think that might have been Asus. A cosmetics minimart now. From there, went to Huay Kaew office as shown in google maps. Got told they moved about two years ago to Chiang Mai gate.

Right up the road from me. cheesy.gif

Now, how do I correct Google maps... annoyed.gif

Edit:

New offices were the Home Plaza Co., Ltd next to LG Electronics office on Bumrung Buri, Chiang Mai gate

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=18.781503,98.985948&hl=en&ll=18.781507,98.985947&spn=0.003901,0.004136&sll=18.781503,98.985948&sspn=0.00196,0.002068&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=18.781503,98.985948&panoid=wYDbNO1iRACt1y8__KLPBQ&cbp=12,350.89,,0,1.75

Looks like the pic was taken just after Home Plaza moved out, and just before Acer moved in.

Edited by ilgitano

It was more like a year ago when they moved. But they are completely worthless and will say "we can't get parts for computers more than two years old". Go to the guy at Icon plaza -- upstairs right next to the escalator -- literally the second you get off the escalator he is set up in the hallway. He has every part for every Acer notebook ever made. Good work and fair prices.

Yeah, like what elektrified said.

I live in Lanna 3, right next door to what used to be the official Acer service center.

It's only been about a year since they moved, and I was fooled because of course they never took down the signs...TIT.

Now they're somewhere else as mentioned above.

But I will follow electrified's recommendation to use the guy in Icon Plaza if and when I have a problem with my Acer.

As a small off topic note to the issue of a HDD failing.

Don't keep laptops running 24/7/365.

The number one issue regarding hardware failures with laptops (whether Apple, Acer, Dell, HP, whatever) is heat.

We live in a hot climate in CM.

Unlike a box/desktop, laptops don't deal well with heat. The cooling abilities of the tiny fan on a laptop is very limited.

Turn them off when you're done for the day.

My HP Pavilion antique (retired in the closet gathering dust) is 7 yrs old, and still works fine after 6 years here- because I turned it off when done using it.

Just a small tip.

• Like 1