Dirty Beach In Hua Hin - Why?

vladaman

Hello,

just came for a weekend to Hua Hin and we are so disappointed with sea quality. I must say: the beach looks like someone has dumped 10s of tons of trash into the ocean. Beach was covered with plastic bags, bottles etc.

Does anybody know where is this coming from? Is the local government doing anything to improve this for sake of tourism?

Vlad

Thats a shame that the beach isnt being kept clean, however if you were there at the weekend when it is really busy it is hard to keep the beach clean all the time....I must say that Cha am beach with all its crowds is never littered or dirty....although the water at present is looking a bit brownish rather than blue

One must remember that this is the busiest time of the year for Hua Hin weekend crowds. A couple weekends ago 100,000 Bangkokians were in Khao Takieb alone. Yikes. The traffic on weekends has been awful with the crowds. The rest of the time it's heaven on earth!

The traffic on weekends has been awful with the crowds. The rest of the time it's heaven on earth!

Bit of an exaggeration there!

Yeah, there may be a few heavenly things here but the temperature and humidity is more like hel_l! :)

The rest of the time it's heaven on earth!

I think you mean it's a waiting room for farangs heading to heaven from earth.

No offence intended. Gotta smile :)

Edited by regedit

The rest of the time it's heaven on earth!

I think you mean it's a waiting room for farangs heading to heaven from earth.

No offence intended. Gotta smile :D

I think a lot of the farangs who live here are headed the other way! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

just came for a weekend to Hua Hin and we are so disappointed with sea quality. I must say: the beach looks like someone has dumped 10s of tons of trash into the ocean. Beach was covered with plastic bags, bottles etc.

Does anybody know where is this coming from? Is the local government doing anything to improve this for sake of tourism?

Vlad

Trash like noise...........Thais don't care or a large majority of them don't they'll eat from filthy roadside stalls too, rats running around birds jumping on their food you name it no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Vlad

For the sake of tourism? The garbage is from tourism!