Land Issue While Going Thru Divorce

i'm going thru divorce. my wife has recently sold the land that i paid for. my lawyer says that 50/50 property split rule does not apply to the land since i signed the land office document re no claim to the land purchased in the name of a thai person. is that tru? does any one know? i think that since she has sold the land and received the cash i'm entitled to hafl of it. i understnad that i wouldn't had been able to half of the land, but in this case i'm claiming only the cash. any advise please.

Yes, you signed a piece of paper at the Land Office stating that the money used to purchase the property was hers, not yours, and therefore you have no future claim to the property. That is standard procedure now days for married Thai/Foreigner transactions at the Land Office.

You can sue her in Civil Court to force a 50/50 split, and try to convince the judge that the money was really yours and not hers. Some posters have reported success. Do you have documentation from the Thai bank where you brought in foreign currency to pay for the land? Is your ex-wife able to support her claim of paying for the property?

But alas I see that the land has been sold. I fear that you are too late!

i'm going thru divorce. my wife has recently sold the land that i paid for. my lawyer says that 50/50 property split rule does not apply to the land since i signed the land office document re no claim to the land purchased in the name of a thai person. is that tru? does any one know? i think that since she has sold the land and received the cash i'm entitled to hafl of it. i understnad that i wouldn't had been able to half of the land, but in this case i'm claiming only the cash. any advise please.

Are you sure that the paper you signed was re. no claim? there is another paper that states that you supplied the money for the land and its 50)/50 best check again. tho as she has already sold the land without you signing ?? then I think the first is correct :)

Are you sure that the paper you signed was re. no claim? there is another paper that states that you supplied the money for the land and its 50)/50 best check again.

here is the standard confirmation letter:

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/images/letter%...onfirmation.jpg

I have never seen a "paper" that states that land was bought 50/50, have you? where?

Yes, you signed a piece of paper at the Land Office stating that the money used to purchase the property was hers, not yours, and therefore you have no future claim to the property. That is standard procedure now days for married Thai/Foreigner transactions at the Land Office.

You can sue her in Civil Court to force a 50/50 split, and try to convince the judge that the money was really yours and not hers. Some posters have reported success. Do you have documentation from the Thai bank where you brought in foreign currency to pay for the land? Is your ex-wife able to support her claim of paying for the property?

Yes I can prove that the money came to my thai banc acc. before the marriage date by my bank records. My lawyer said that in this case I may have the 50/50 split verdict. Never heard of the CC procedure in such a case but I will be seeing the attorney tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.

nwh

Yes I can prove that the money came to my thai banc acc. before the marriage date by my bank records. My lawyer said that in this case I may have the 50/50 split verdict. Never heard of the CC procedure in such a case but I will be seeing the attorney tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.

nwh

If you didnt keep the land deed and shes sold, you can sue her to the moon. Money lost. If you go with a lawyer, make sure they work no cure no pay. If not more money lost. Sorry