New Lcd Monitor

cmdream

Hi folks, got new big screen LCD monitor for my COMPAQ laptop.

I get windows screen but not desktop icons on new monitor. I drag programs from laptop to new screen,works OK. I want to close screen on laptop but cannot find the right buttons to push. any help is welcome, thanks in advance, cmdream.

Guest Reimar
Hi folks, got new big screen LCD monitor for my COMPAQ laptop.

I get windows screen but not desktop icons on new monitor. I drag programs from laptop to new screen,works OK. I want to close screen on laptop but cannot find the right buttons to push. any help is welcome, thanks in advance, cmdream.

Seems to be that you've set the Graphic to Extended and the big Monitor as No. 2!! Set the Big Monitor as No. 1 and it should be ok. Or set the Graphic to Duplicate These Displays and you'll have the same picture on both!

Hope that's what you looking for.

Cheers.

First right click on your desktop and choose the tab in the picture.

post-27441-1242579272_thumb.jpg

Then click on the drop down box in the picture and choose the bottom item.

post-27441-1242579367_thumb.jpg

Then click the checkbox indicated to make the secondary monitor your primary display.

post-27441-1242579426_thumb.jpg

Click "Apply". Should shift all your icons over and you can close the lid to your laptop.....as long as you don't have it set up to go to sleep when the lid is closed!

**edit**

I'm on my work laptop, and don't have a secondary monitor, so it goes without saying that you need to leave the check box filled in for "Extend my Windows desktop to this monitor.".....

Edited by dave_boo

There should be some FN+key combination to automatically make LCD your primary display, and some Nvidia/Ati/Intel settings program in Control Panel to tweak it, would work better than fiddling Windows display options.