Honda Cbr150 Vs Tiger Rs 250

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace. Good for all those Honda riders. NOW CAN we leave this alone, the only thing that a Tigre 250 rs and a Honda cbr150 have in common is a similar price. 2 different bikes.

There sorted.

What we know for sure is that the Tiger Boxer 250 RS is also on sale in 2010, can anybody say the same for the Honda CBR150R

Richard,

Why do you keep implying over and over that the Honda CBR 150 is going to be discontinued. You've not supplied any facts to support your allegation other than a Honda press release that says they'll add PGM FI to their bikes next year... I've noticed you're quite anti-Honda with all of your posts dissing the CBR 150 and Phantom so I have to wonder if you actually know what you're talking about... (Kinda like when you announced that Kawasaki would not sell the ER6n in Thailand which was of course totally wrong...) Or remember when you said the Yamaha Big Bikes sold in Thailand were manufactured in India?! That was a good one!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Hey guys, Stop quarreling.

when i saw this this topic kicked off . I said to myself

SOS Same Old Shit everything had been written before . I totally agree with THAICBR 2 different bikes and customers.

Stop comparing these bikes cos they have nothing in common.

The only thing that disturbs me is that PB only put oil on the fire This is not allowed as a moderator. And still doesnt realise what many members think of him.

Both bikes are good qlty bikes . Just accept each others choice

Charlie

be all bikers whatever you ride

Just accept each others choice

Charlie

be all bikers whatever you ride

Well said Charlie,

I'm not quarreling over anyone's choice of bike- what you ride is far less important that the pleasure it gives you. By all accounts the owners of the Boxer 250 LOVE their bikes, which is awesome!

(I just find the disinformation about Honda and the the promotion of an illegal Chinese knock off to be in poor taste...)

Ride On!

Tony

He Tony,

I did not know that this was a competition? But if it is, it makes it even sillier.

Personally, I have nothing against any Honda motorcycle. The Honda CBR150R is a good machine, I never said anything negative about the quality of build or did said anything that the technology used was bad…

Not like others on this board, who see the need to say something negative, and then we not only talk about the forum on Thaivisa, this person even registers at boxermc.org and spreads negative information on a forum there, and is trying to talk the quality of the Tiger motorcycles down.

And then people say I’m negative of a Honda CBR150R, men that is just to funny

He Tony,

I did not know that this was a competition? But if it is, it makes it even sillier.

Personally, I have nothing against any Honda motorcycle. The Honda CBR150R is a good machine, I never said anything negative about the quality of build or did said anything that the technology used was bad…

Not like others on this board, who see the need to say something negative, and then we not only talk about the forum on Thaivisa, this person even registers at boxermc.org and spreads negative information on a forum there, and is trying to talk the quality of the Tiger motorcycles down.

And then people say I'm negative of a Honda CBR150R, men that is just to funny

^ Hey Richard man, I hope you realize I'm (usually) just taking the piss my man. (Wonder how that will translate into your language :D ) Honestly dude, I mostly enjoy your posts and I hope you don't mind when I take you to task over some of your more outlandish statements from time to time. I know you're tough and can take it like that poor creature in your avatar! :D:D:D BTW, are you the devil or the penguin??? :)

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

He Dave,

Nope I'm not a Tamil or Indian, I'm 195cm (6'4"), blond hair, blue eyes... (European)

For the "Tamil" it is maybe a good name for an upcoming Tiger model.... It has spirit

I'd like to suggest a "Tiger Beer Boxer 250 ml" :-)

mbox

He Dave,

Nope I'm not a Tamil or Indian, I'm 195cm (6'4"), blond hair, blue eyes... (European)

For the "Tamil" it is maybe a good name for an upcoming Tiger model.... It has spirit

I'd like to suggest a "Tiger Beer Boxer 250 ml" :-)

mbox

The Tiger Beer colors are also not bad for a Boxer

post-12170-1243315349.jpg

He Johnefallis,

Tiger is surely supporting their products, it is Honda which doesn't support it's products. There is for 2-years no news about development or future of the Honda CBR150R, the Honda CBR150R is not on display for 2-years at the yearly Bangkok Motorshow. This year one of the girls was even able to say that they not have a CBR150R. So she had a little list of bikes, and the CBR150R was not on there so nohave....

Honda was once the big promoter of big bikes in Thailand, but that all died down, and now Honda has concentrated on producing 110cc bikes, maybe we can expect a CBR110i soon...(that was a joke, I not expect they do that)

Hahaha, Richard, that is the first time I think you've made me laugh at something besides your spelling and dictionary issues. CBR110i, c'mon you guys, give him some applause.

On another note, I don't know what the heck is wrong with people over at Motorcycle Thailand.com or whatever, but you all should read the threads and my posts on the Tiger 250RS over there. Oh geez, I'm trying not to bang my head against the wall in disbelief. Oh well.

No mbox, have not ordered, probably in late June or July. Probably will be red if I get one, but they better hope they have one there when I'm ready to buy, or else!!!

I'm behind on this thread, what's the subject changed to now? PB pea in somebody's corn flakes? Hmm?

I've recently taken close looks at both the Tiger 250RS and the CBR150, and I agree that the bikes are quite different, though have a few similarities. I think I will buy the Tiger, I'll know better once I've taken my demo ride. I think it is best suited for my use right now, but if the CBR comes with PGM-Fi next year, I'll definately be shopping one of those too.

In the meantime it will be fun to run the two bikes agains each other a bit and see where they stand against each other in different ways.

After riding big ones (bikes) for so long, I'm really going to enjoy these small ones.

That's what she said, hahahahaha, How'd you like my funny one Richard? It's for the penguin.

Whatever...

• 3 weeks later...

20000 km off the beaten track with my Tiger boxer 250 Rs

Dear (future) Tiger friends ,

I received my tiger girl on the 27th December 2008 ,I still remember that I told Pariya the sales from Tiger if I can reach the first milestone of 20000 km without any problems and hassle I will call this a qlty bike . Pariya stood firm and never doubted about it . nearly 6 months later I only can confirm this

After nearly 6 months my baby tiger girl is fully grown by now. I still love her roaring every morning while i mount her. one touch on the bottom and my Tiger start to roar. ever and always,she never fails to open her mouth.

My tiger boxer 250 Rs is a real marathon bike , i can cover distances up to 850 km a day without being to tired .The cruising speed i maintain is always around 105 - 110 km/h Gps speed . The engine does it with great ease,the average fuel consumption is around 3,5 l / 100 km.

The only modifications i made are . and i really recommend it to all boxer users is to change the sprocket to a 34 sprocket . The engine is so torquey that it is no problem at all to go to a 34 . The engine is going a lot smoother at higher speeds.

I placed a 120/80 dunlop arrowmax Gt 501 on my rear wheel . the stability remains great at all speeds .

Many bikers had ridden my bike now, and anyone was surprised that the bike is still looking and riding as new even after 20000km. It still looks the same. The body parts and paint are real good qlty .

The tiger is a simple solid bike without whistles and bells .The technology is nothing special but very reliable.The engine really rides great on E20 fuel.

It is really woth to spend your money on a Tiger boxer 250 Rs you wont regret it .

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I LIKE ITS IMPRESSIVE ROARING

Charlie

Since this is comparing the two bikes:

54,000 KM on my 2003 CBR150; almost 8000 KM on my 2008 CBR150. Bad battery at 950 km - replaced on warranty the next day by local dealer. Several tires replaced, but each one, tubeless, lasted over 10,000 KM. Carb started misbehaving near 40,000 KM; traded in at 54,000. No modifications ever needed.

been seeing more and more cops on CBR 150's lately, kinda worrying...in the event you have to run, wonder if they are modifying their bikes??? have to check what sprockets theyre using. :)

got stopped on Sukhumvit two weeks ago and asked about his boxer 200, he said it was fast (160kph) but not smooth like the CBR or Click.

been seeing more and more cops on CBR 150's lately, kinda worrying...in the event you have to run, wonder if they are modifying their bikes??? have to check what sprockets theyre using. :)

got stopped on Sukhumvit two weeks ago and asked about his boxer 200, he said it was fast (160kph) but not smooth like the CBR or Click.

Not sure if 160 kph was accurate - possibly his speedo is a bit off. Real speed you can expect about 135 kph . The boxer may be less smooth than a cbr or click....but i like to feel my bike, without being shaken all over really or getting all numb on handles or elsewhere.

mbox

54,000 KM on my 2003 CBR150; almost 8000 KM on my 2008 CBR150. Bad battery at 950 km - replaced on warranty the next day by local dealer. Several tires replaced, but each one, tubeless, lasted over 10,000 KM. Carb started misbehaving near 40,000 KM; traded in at 54,000. No modifications ever needed.

Modifications i had done on most of my bike in the past....and in a way there is no perfect Bike in this world While i was on one of the shops back some while ago i met someone with a jrd tornado and he came over and monitored interestingly while my bike(650 bros) got modified(new handlebar,grips mirrors...) . So i spoke to him if he is waiting to get his bike done too? He said no way, the junk bike he had was not worth any modification-he was obviously not happy with it and therefor didn't see the urge or benefit to modify.

Having also looked on various threads here it is obvious that people modify for all kind of reasons and some people do not modify for their own reason...

possible reason for not modify are: Happy with bike as is, Bike not worth modification, No funds available to modify , no parts available to modify.....the list of reasons are never ending.

Possible reasons to modify is to enhance speed, to have better handling, to get better comfort, to update safety matters, to have better looks , better functionality .....the same endless list.

So a modification is mostly either wanted or not wanted....hardly ever needed merely up to the individuals choice. PB i assume your reason for not modifying was presumably "happy with bike as is"? In that case good for you, i did modify my Bikes(lightly) in past and even do it on the boxer....modifying got really nothing to do if the quality of bike is good or not...if that would be the case i wouldn't have bought the bike in the first place.

mbox

OK Peace. So you did between 10,000 and 15,000 km's per year on your 2003 which is 5 - 7500 per 6 months. Compared to the Tiger at 20,000km's in 6 months. Now we have a comparison.

I for one am very glad that you are BOTH happy with your bikes.

Ok.....I've ridden both bikes now and can comment about them.

Kano's bike is MUCH improved with the wider tyres. I rode mbox's and it was much more nervous at speed.

I can't comment on the post-difference that the new sprocket made, but even with it the engine felt like it needed another gear at cruising speed. Also the takeoff with the newer sprocket required some finess with the clutch; there's a certain point where you think you've ridden the clutch far enough but it turns out you didn't....got me twice coming out of the same petrol station! The other point is that with their (kano and mbox's) current setups, the CBR will beat them off the line at any stoplight due to the 'better' gearing. Actual passing at speed? Would rather be on the Boxer just due to the better torque.

Another thing; the seat that kano has on his bike is NOT good for me; there's some ball busting seats I've been on, but that one takes the cake! I assume that it has to do with the fact that kano is much taller than I and therefore there's no issue with him because he sits back further...either that or I have to learn to sit further back on a bike.

The exhaust note is truely stunning. One of the best I've heard from a small bike, it makes the CBR sound like a bee that's buzzing it's way up from the bottom of a jar of honey.

The afore-mentioned shake at speed was a bit overwhelming, but I had taken my Ninja that day and there's no comparison between the smoothness of twin 125 cylinders and a single lumper 250. Going from memory, it is more 'rattly' than the CBR, but that's to be expected due to the greater mass thumping around. Also, on mbox's ride anyways, there was quite a bit of headshake at 130+ indicated; more than the CBR but the bike itself felt more stable due to not exhibiting the CBR's desire to tur into an aeroplane at that speed.

The bikes themselves handled nicely in the twisty bits, easily keeping up with my conservatively ridden Ninja (I don't trust those dam_n IRC tyres!).

Both bikes were fed E20 the day we rode; a great positive in the obvious direction that the fuel situation is headed.

Kano's transmission is nicely broken in, allowing clutch-free shifts. Even after ~2000km mbox's is still a bit notchy with neutral being a bit of a bear to find.

Kano's screen is much nicer, being drilled in a better location on the plexi-glass and thus being higher. There's a lot of buffeting from mbox's setup which introduces a lot of noise and helmet shake.

All in all decent bike for what you're paying and from what I've gathered from those two owners the company is attempting to remake itself into a viable option to all those other bike manufacturers.

Ok.....I've ridden both bikes now and can comment about them.

Kano's bike is MUCH improved with the wider tyres. I rode mbox's and it was much more nervous at speed.

I can't comment on the post-difference that the new sprocket made, but even with it the engine felt like it needed another gear at cruising speed. Also the takeoff with the newer sprocket required some finess with the clutch; there's a certain point where you think you've ridden the clutch far enough but it turns out you didn't....got me twice coming out of the same petrol station! The other point is that with their (kano and mbox's) current setups, the CBR will beat them off the line at any stoplight due to the 'better' gearing. Actual passing at speed? Would rather be on the Boxer just due to the better torque.

Another thing; the seat that kano has on his bike is NOT good for me; there's some ball busting seats I've been on, but that one takes the cake! I assume that it has to do with the fact that kano is much taller than I and therefore there's no issue with him because he sits back further...either that or I have to learn to sit further back on a bike.

The exhaust note is truely stunning. One of the best I've heard from a small bike, it makes the CBR sound like a bee that's buzzing it's way up from the bottom of a jar of honey.

The afore-mentioned shake at speed was a bit overwhelming, but I had taken my Ninja that day and there's no comparison between the smoothness of twin 125 cylinders and a single lumper 250. Going from memory, it is more 'rattly' than the CBR, but that's to be expected due to the greater mass thumping around. Also, on mbox's ride anyways, there was quite a bit of headshake at 130+ indicated; more than the CBR but the bike itself felt more stable due to not exhibiting the CBR's desire to tur into an aeroplane at that speed.

The bikes themselves handled nicely in the twisty bits, easily keeping up with my conservatively ridden Ninja (I don't trust those dam_n IRC tyres!).

Both bikes were fed E20 the day we rode; a great positive in the obvious direction that the fuel situation is headed.

Kano's transmission is nicely broken in, allowing clutch-free shifts. Even after ~2000km mbox's is still a bit notchy with neutral being a bit of a bear to find.

Kano's screen is much nicer, being drilled in a better location on the plexi-glass and thus being higher. There's a lot of buffeting from mbox's setup which introduces a lot of noise and helmet shake.

All in all decent bike for what you're paying and from what I've gathered from those two owners the company is attempting to remake itself into a viable option to all those other bike manufacturers.

Hi Dave,

It is true that a 6th gear will be great for the Boxer...and as far as i know it is being worked on. This was also the reason why we opted for the 34 sprocket....it will take a bit to get used to when driving off, but i am unsure if a CBR will be driving off from stoplight faster...well perhaps the first 20 mtrs...but this is not what matter to me really, as i wish to have enough power being delivered to overtake at medium/high speeds of 80-120 km/h which is surely no problem on the boxer.

The E20 is truly running nice on the boxer and it delivers to my view even more power...so i hope the E85 converrtion which should be available by this year will do the same job.

The Bike from Kano has a better handling due to better tires, i am still on the tubed tires and will get the new radials in same as kano's dimension next week. Windscreen what is on mine is truly too low and i don't think that really makes to problem but it is merely the angle - too straight . Also this should be rectified next week, and i'd say they also working on a better windscreen solution altogether, it was mentioned before to tiger. To be honest, the windshield starts to create problems only by either strong winds or with speeds over 110-120 km/h so if you cruise around town or neighborhood and do short trips on medium speed there is chance that this won't even bother .

The seat on my Boxer is the "new" seat, although not perfect i found it very good and sure no problem going over distance. Kano's seat is a self adjusted to his fit, so whats good for one maybe not so good for another one...

A little wider handlebar on Kano's bike does bring better comfort and handling on longer drives and this will also been done on the modifications next week or so....will update on the tiger boxer modifications thread once done.

mbox

Good review Dave.

Why are you still riding on the IRC's since you hate them so much? You can upgrade to some super sticky Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pros for about 8000-9000 Baht. A small investment that will yield you great benefits!

Ride On!

Tony

So, Tiger Boxers are constantly being improved - works in progress - and it helps if you go to the factory. Everybody's happy.

Hi Peaceblondie ,

Yes, same like any good Car/Bike manufacturer should do things are getting improved & developed at tiger. Would be really bad if nothings happening-no bike is perfect . Since i am living 240 km out of bkk i am not visiting Tiger Factory....but Tiger comes to me with a service team(well if some modification take place - regular service can be done here at dealer)! Yeah, try to get this kind of service from someone else...and i am not affiliated with tiger in any way. Sure i am happy with them.

mbox

Hi Dave,

Nice review.

I indeed changed some details to my needs . i have already more than 20000 km in lesss than 6 months .Today i covered another 857 km in one day without being too tired.

My boxer is a real marathon bike and therefore higher speeds are not needed.

About braking off the line im not sure if the CBR is faster. In BKK i easily go away from the cbr's braking off the line. But one more time , a completely different bike for other bikers.

The CBR or ninja are very good bikes but not my cup of tea. I cant imagine a 850 km ride on a CBR or a ninja next week im on my way to Laos pity you cant join

Indeed PB Tiger is improving Honda not they even cant deliver an exhaust pipe for a WAVE how many are there in Thailand ???? im already waiting for 6 weeks to change a 2 year old pipe which is completely rotten .Shame on Honda and the main dealer here in Suphan

HONDA SERVICE ??????

c u next time

On our first meeting of about six local owners of CBR150 bikes, Crowboy (a big tall heavy farang) told us he broke in his new Repsol CBR150 with a round trip from Chiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur! Carl the Welshman traveled Chiang Mai-BKK and return on his CBR150, two up, and fell asleep on the pillion coming home! We did CNX-Mae Hong Son two-up, and I rode back solo. Used to do visa runs to Burma, returning by 3 pm. The CBR150 can do 500-km days with no strain.