Complaints

Bizz

On my flight back to Amsterdam 2 weeks ago I was told that my seat, an aisle seat I booked was not available yet. May be later, when I went to board my seat was changed again from 15c to 23 c, which is right next to the door with the life raft casing no legroom.

Asked the senior flight attendant that I had booked an aisle seat and that I was one of the first to check in but no aisle seat. The flight attendant was very sympathetic and looked at the ticket and various seat changes I was given and that as the flight was overbooked there were no changes available. She returned later and asked would I move to the cabin crew seat at the back of the plane my seat was then given to another man.

To say the very least I was pissed off with the whole incident. Had paid €968 for return ticket.

Do I have grounds for complaint the Airline was KLM. Economy

You  have  nothing  to  lose  by  putting  a  complaint  in  to  KLM. Dont  know  where  you  are  from  but  the  UK  website  is  http://www.klm.com/uk_en/index.jsp    Click  on  the  contact  link  on  the  page  for  the  complaint  e-mail  address.  Good  Luck

need to know if i will be waisting my time . I am also a frequent flyer with KLM

KLM Complaints

You  have  nothing  to  lose  by  putting  a  complaint  in  to  KLM. Dont  know  where  you  are  from  but  the  UK  website  is   http://www.klm.com/uk_en/index.jsp     Click  on  the  contact  link  on  the  page  for  the  complaint  e-mail  address.  Good  Luck

need to know if i will be waisting my time . I am also a frequent flyer with KLM

I flyed this route on KLM many times and usually very full. If next time overbooking happen again and you can not get a seat which was assigned to you, you should complain to get upgraded to business. Sometimes if the flight attendant nice they can upgrade you.

KLM on this route fly old airplane. I now like take Lufthansa or Emirates back to Europe. Very nice airplane and good meals.

If you complain you have agood chance of getting an answer even if not what you want...however if you dont then have a 100% chance of nuffing-nil,zilch etc.

and not quite a solution to your posting but the message to the airlines is now...Ra wang :o

New regs from Feb 17th ...

CUT-OUT-AND-KEEP GUIDE TO AIR COMPENSATION

If your flight is cancelled, overbooked or subject to a long delay, ask any representative of the airline for written details of your rights. They are obliged under the regulation to provide them. The details are also available on the web at http://europa.eu.int/comm/transport/air/rights/index_en.htm

Complain immediately to the airline if it fails to offer you the compensation or assistance specified in the regulation

If the airline continues to deny you your rights, complain to the Air Transport Users Council, either by calling 020 7240 6061 or writing to 45-59 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6TE

I've had several problem with KLM,also I am in the Flying Dutchman program,they NEVER reply to any complaints, in my case anyway,even thought I do so politely.

The last time was, when flying to Penang on an early Airasia flight they would not let me in the KLM lounge even thought my card is the gold one.I argued the point that KLM don't fly that route and if they did I would be flying with them

In the end I gave my card to the girl on the desk and told her for the sake of a cup of coffee she had lost a customer.

Bizz, why don't you fly EVA Air (Taiwan) instead next time; take the Evergreen Class..sort of Business Class with wide seating and cheaper than KLM tourist class; very good service and (almost) daily flights BKK/Amsterdam vice versa. Very good food and service.

I can recommend them and most of my friends fly them too.

LaoPo