Income From Palm Oil Farm

hello

given that conditions are not up not down somewhere in the middle. with the weather conditions average and other conditions what would be the average income from a palm tree farm in the south (chumphon)with 100 rai,

thinking of an aditional income when I retire.

would it be to much to think that I could make after all said and done twenty thousand us a year from this after all paid.

thanks

hello

given that conditions are not up not down somewhere in the middle. with the weather conditions average and other conditions what would be the average income from a palm tree farm in the south (chumphon)with 100 rai,

would it be to much to think that I could make after all said and done twenty thousand us a year from this after all paid.

thanks

Will if you are going to live in Canada and sent money over to grow palm, I would suggest that the only person to make any money will be the person you send the money to. 40 acres is a big investment not only in money, but time.Look very carefully at what you want to do and how much it will cost, before you get involved. And yes you would make 20 grand off a well run palm plantation. Jim

I'm just over the other side of the country from Chumpon in Ranong. We were down at a neighbours plot as he was harvesting the palm oil bunches. He was averaging 25 kg per bunch. I believe each tree gives about 10 bunches per year. He said they were getting about 2.5 baht/kg, if that helps.

hello

thanks

Put it this way - considering the likely capital outlay, I would think a better return from something different would be possible - so it comes down to what the plantation costs to purchase in the first place.

The thing here is the fact that the investment involves a capaital outlay in Thailand as opposed to drawing income from an overseas based investment.

Heres a new one that hasn't come up on the Farming sectio of the forum before - you're in Chumpon - right?

Do some homework on investing/purchasing a trawler?

Like all Thai investments, success can be to a large extent on your partners - and running a trawler profitably/succesfully will require good relationships with the Thai partners - however, returns on well managed commercial trawlers in Thailand (for the owners) are excellent. Far far higher than land based agriculture activities (if commerical trawling is seen in the same light - i.e. food production).

Next time in Bangkok area get round to the river around Mahachai (area) - where all the trawlers tie up: the fishing offices all have Merc's and B'meers parked up!