Wat Plai Lam

Hi, Every Sunday the Mrs and I go to wat Plai Lam to light some candles for the ex Mrs H2o. I noticed this time there were lots of dead fish floating around. Nobody the other half spoke to knew why. You would think at least they would scoop them out as the do not look good to the tourists going there. Some really big fish as well. I wonder if they have thought of allowing farang style angling there. I'm pretty sure they could earn big baht by allowing people to fish there as long as they released the fish back after capture like they do back in the UK. Just a thought :)

Hi, Every Sunday the Mrs and I go to wat Plai Lam to light some candles for the ex Mrs H2o. I noticed this time there were lots of dead fish floating around. Nobody the other half spoke to knew why. You would think at least they would scoop them out as the do not look good to the tourists going there. Some really big fish as well. I wonder if they have thought of allowing farang style angling there. I'm pretty sure they could earn big baht by allowing people to fish there as long as they released the fish back after capture like they do back in the UK. Just a thought :)

Angling for dead fish?

I saw this last week also and the smell was quite strong. There were whole fish floating around, some fish heads and all sorts. They all seemed to gather up in a corner with the reeds.

A few locals were feeding some big fish so I am sure it is not all of them dying!

I also saw a lot of rotting fruit being sorted/dumped/thrown in the water. That really did smell :)

I saw this last week also and the smell was quite strong. There were whole fish floating around, some fish heads and all sorts. They all seemed to gather up in a corner with the reeds.

A few locals were feeding some big fish so I am sure it is not all of them dying!

I also saw a lot of rotting fruit being sorted/dumped/thrown in the water. That really did smell :)

Locals feed them for good luck. The fish food is 10 Baht. It is a part of the temples income. Anyway there are way too many fish in that pond.

Anyway there are way too many fish in that pond.

Not any more..