Checking Mail @ The Gpo

lifemagic

I popped up to the GPO yesterday just past the rail station to check post restant, for the first time. I'm vaguely expecting something but don't know when or how it would be sent.

I went in and asked 'check mail', and the guy asked, 'ordinary?'. So I said 'Yeah' and he gave me a plastic box, which he told me to 'Go with it', i.e. take it away from the counter. So I sat and looked, nothing. But there's a big jiffy bag with heavy 'dictionaries' in, if anyone's waiting for that.

Well I took it back, but there were Thai people showing ID and he was checking things on a computer, so I thought perhaps I have to ask for anything sent registered to be manually checked, like they file it or something? I asked, 'What else can I check?' and he just pointed to the box and said, 'all there'.

So is that it then? If anything is sent, ordinary, registered or parcel, it goes in the plastic box. There's nothing else to check is there?

OK, from the silence I'm guessing that was a silly question based on not accepting I just didn't have any mail.

I'm leaving Vientianne tomorrow on the visa run so it will have to wait until I get back; I hope they hold stuff.