Valet Parking

JohnGotti

i saw in the emporium parking garage that there is a valet parking section, but i do not see where you go to do so. and... what other malls offer this very important service?

It's available for us at, The Mall, Ngam Wong Wang. However we very rarely use it as although we visit the mall most days we park in either HomePro or TESCO and walk a short distance. If we park in the mall we have a long drive to the u-turn and that then takes us back past the mall on the other side of the road, from there it's usually a quick drive home.

They gave us the sticker, persumably, as we have access to the Platignum Lounge.

To get that access you need to 1-spend quite a lot of money in the Mall or 2 have a CityM Platignum Visa

Hope this info helps

i saw in the emporium parking garage that there is a valet parking section, but i do not see where you go to do so. and... what other malls offer this very important service?

It's available for us at, The Mall, Ngam Wong Wang. However we very rarely use it as although we visit the mall most days we park in either HomePro or TESCO and walk a short distance. If we park in the mall we have a long drive to the u-turn and that then takes us back past the mall on the other side of the road, from there it's usually a quick drive home.

They gave us the sticker, persumably, as we have access to the Platignum Lounge.

To get that access you need to 1-spend quite a lot of money in the Mall or 2 have a CityM Platignum Visa

Hope this info helps

Who needs this "very important"service,we are talking about a shopping mall,I expect it at a reasonably good hotel,but never crossed my mind while out for a bit of shopping,maybe you've been here a good while and gone a bit native and can't park a car.What service would you like lavished on you next,the skies the limit I guess,but don't bitch about Thai when you don't get it.

3 minutes to me is worth more than 100 baht, or whatever they will charge to park and bring my car to me.

i am not good at parking. its a hassle to me. there is not enough air down there and too much exhaust.

according to the emporium website its on B1... which kinda defeats the purpose, but whatever. i think they should move it to the taxi stand on sukhumwit and let the taxi goers (most of whom ARE NOT Emporium shoppers, besides the food court) fend for themselves.

Edited by JohnGotti

3 minutes to me is worth more than 100 baht, or whatever they will charge to park and bring my car to me.

i am not good at parking. its a hassle to me. there is not enough air down there and too much exhaust.

according to the emporium website its on B1... which kinda defeats the purpose, but whatever. i think they should move it to the taxi stand on sukhumwit and let the taxi goers (most of whom ARE NOT Emporium shoppers (besides the food court) fend for themselves).

Do you want your arse wiping too as thats a bit smelly

I do not trust Mall parking garages.

One day I came back to my car and the security guard pointed out that I had a flat tyre.

He wanted to change it for me.

I did the job myself.

When I took the tyre to the shop there was nothing wrong.

It had simply been deflated......... :)

according to the emporium website its on B1... which kinda defeats the purpose, but whatever. i think they should move it to the taxi stand on sukhumwit and let the taxi goers (most of whom ARE NOT Emporium shoppers, besides the food court) fend for themselves.

Actuall John it's free where we shop, they walk around your car looking for dents and note them down..I just say none! The ticket they give you says, amonst other things, that this is a free service and don't tip and I never have, so when the car comes back I have quick look for any dents and to make sure that they haven't kerbed the rims. It's also the ground floor where you leave your car. As I said we only use it if we have heavy purchases.

I will admit that I would use it every time if it wasn't for the long u-turn and the traffic, it can take 10-15 minutes to get around.

edit..my spelling is getting worse!

Edited by John45

Hope this info helps

My missus does the same it is because she doesn't want to spend the extra money on fuel, you would think "The Mall" got an access right of way at the back to come out at Homepro or LPN condos.

As for JG grow up!!!!

Mall Bangkapi and Central Chidlom, although I don't really use them any more as my current personal vehicle (no driver) is a stick shift and I don't trust them not to grind the gears.

:)

WOW...Would I suggest you should not be driving in Thailand....."I am not good at parking" how the h*ll did you get a license then ??... :)

if its free, I'm surprised more drivers do not take advantage of the service.

the Thai drivers exam only tests parallel parking. just a fyi. i was actually speaking about the decision making in regards to double parking. there appear to be lines to show where you can double park so that space is left to push your car out of the way if someone in the space returns... but it often it seems like there is an entire line of cars double parked with no room to be pushed forward/back to let the parked in spaces cars out. i have also seen people get out of their car and realign cones at their own will to create new parking spaces. i have no idea what is kosher so i usually end up at B3 or whatever in the farthest corner possible, 555555.