World Of Warcraft And You... (and Maybe Your Wife)

Kervon

Hi all,

I'm an avid gamer of WOW. Have been on WOW since vanilla days till date.

I 'currently' play on Frostmourne as Horde (my first move to Horde since 3 years ago)..and I've been on Gorgonnash and Jubei'Thos as well.

Recently, seeing that I do need to raid like 3 times a week for the end-game contents, I tried persuading my fiancee to join me in WOW. She finally succumbed to give it a go, and she eventually as everyone would have expected it, got hooked onto it. (explains my move to Horde...she digged BEs so much).

I've also went into great discussions with a GM online to find out if there's any translation for WOW to be in Thai language, as the frequent 'translation' services I offer her is really starting to get on my nerves. Unfortunately, the GM revealed that there are no concrete plans on opening up a Thai Language Pack for WOW.

Besides this, I've also discovered that there is a handful of local Thais who does play WOW (probably the better educated), and they reside in Kargath and are doing pretty well in Ulduar at the moment. They communicate via an addon which allows you to input Thai words and read Thai words.

Does anyone have any simliar situation or knows of any wifes who would like to join mine in-game?.. ROFL

Hi all,

I'm an avid gamer of WOW. Have been on WOW since vanilla days till date.

I 'currently' play on Frostmourne as Horde (my first move to Horde since 3 years ago)..and I've been on Gorgonnash and Jubei'Thos as well.

Recently, seeing that I do need to raid like 3 times a week for the end-game contents, I tried persuading my fiancee to join me in WOW. She finally succumbed to give it a go, and she eventually as everyone would have expected it, got hooked onto it. (explains my move to Horde...she digged BEs so much).

I've also went into great discussions with a GM online to find out if there's any translation for WOW to be in Thai language, as the frequent 'translation' services I offer her is really starting to get on my nerves. Unfortunately, the GM revealed that there are no concrete plans on opening up a Thai Language Pack for WOW.

Besides this, I've also discovered that there is a handful of local Thais who does play WOW (probably the better educated), and they reside in Kargath and are doing pretty well in Ulduar at the moment. They communicate via an addon which allows you to input Thai words and read Thai words.

Does anyone have any simliar situation or knows of any wifes who would like to join mine in-game?.. ROFL

I've been playing since 2005, started on the EU alliance Terenas server but the latency got very bad in Thailand. Now I play alliance on Aman'Thul really like it there with the Aussies. As for my wife, fat chance to drag her away from her soaps. Works out good for us as she likes her Thai TV and I like WOW we stay out of each others way.

My wife is an avid player with several lvl 80 toons on Wyrmrest Accord. All Alliance, though. I also have a Naxx prot warrior that is Uldar ready, but I have not been playing recently due to Raid times and work not mixing.

WA is low population and great for raiding FYI. I just don't have time now, but will later. My wife would love to play with other Thais. With our daughter now in school this term, she has nothing to do but play all day. She has been doing strictly PvE and PvP for the past 3 years now. She has a kick-azz Rogue but mostly plays her DK or Warlock these days. She also has a mean Paladin, but hates healing.

PM me with contact info for the Thai group and I will let her decide if she is interested in switching servers for it.

• 11 months later...

LOL

I remember my girlfriend was over and wanted to watch me play the game - I was trying to get her to start a toon. She was just fascinated looking at the game... for a few minutes then I think it gave her a headache... lol. She used to be worries I went out too much... then I think she worried I didn't go out at all... WoW is something I have a love/ hate relationship with.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I saw some thai translation mod when I went to the cafe` to play WoW during my first week in Bkk. Too bad I can't remeber the name. I also talked to some chinese players who are playing on their own private server. I threw some wow-related topics to break the ice but turned out that they only know the terms in chinese. They were like "what's DPS???".

• 5 months later...

Not on WoW. It's bad enough that I made her become totally hooked on another MMOG.

There is a Thai-Singapore guild on my server. They're only seriously raiding 10mans during WotLK and 'casually' pugging 25mans during weekends. They would occasionally print 'karaoke' thai on guild chat (I had my alt join the guild) but most of the conversation is carried out thru Vent.