Canada Consider Gold Exploration Investment In Thailand

george

Canada consider gold exploration investment in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Canadian business interests are looking to invest in exploration and development of gold mining in Thailand, according to Industry Minister Chanchai Chairungruang.

Speaking after a meeting with a group of Canadian business visitors led by Senator Mac Harb, Mr. Charnchai said he and the senator discussed mining business and promotion of investment in the mining sector in Thailand.

Mr. Harb, an advisor of the Southeast Asia Mining Corp, and the Canadian businesspersons expressed strong interest in invest in gold resource exploration for possible mines in Loei, Pichit, Petchabul and Prachinburi provinces, he said.

Recently, Canadian business interests established a joint venture with Thai counterparts under the name of GO Thai to apply for permission to explore tin and zinc mining in Kanchanaburi province with the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department.

The department is considering the application and the geographical suitability of potential areas for exploration, he said.

Canada is the world’s largest mineral exporter, with a rapidly developing mining industry.

Canadian mining investment interests now want Thailand as their mining base in Southeast Asia.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009-05-21

Knowing Thai system it scares me when I see -

Recently, Canadian business interests established a joint venture with Thai counterparts under the name of GO Thai to apply for permission to explore tin and zinc mining in Kanchanaburi province with the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department

I guess we can say goodbye to any park they find gold in.

Does anyone know if Thai law prevents mining in the Thai National Parks ?

If Canada is such a big exporter of minerals why are they bothering to come here where theyre in for a huge legal headache and a hiding to nothing.As a farang i wouldnt feel too comfortable digging big chunks of Thai gold out of the ground and claiming their all mine!! Expect condolences to Canadian families to increase in the years to come . Scary stuff but who am i to say.

If Canada is such a big exporter of minerals why are they bothering to come here where theyre in for a huge legal headache and a hiding to nothing.As a farang i wouldnt feel too comfortable digging big chunks of Thai gold out of the ground and claiming their all mine!! Expect condolences to Canadian families to increase in the years to come . Scary stuff but who am i to say.

what are you on about? this is a private company that has expertise in gold mining. don't know how its any different than a US or French Energy company doing business here.