"b" Non Immigration Visa

I have a "B" visa to enable myself to apply for the work permit.

My questions are :

1) I've changed the employer company : no more Thai but European

Company.

2) I don't want all my salary coming from Europe , tranferred completely

to Thailand

3) Do I have to pay tax based on....? : the amount received in Thai?

4) The European company still have to open an office : how long it will

take to be registered and so on.

These are personal doubt, and I'm just asking for some advise from

you.

Tkanks a lot to everyone will answer to me.

claire

Any work permit you get must be for a Thai employer - that is, a Thai corporate entity that has a Thai tax ID number. Any salary that you receive from this employer is subject to two withholding aspects - personal income tax withholding, and social fund withholding. At salaries under 100,000 baht per year, the combined total for these withholdings will typically not exceed 10%. The social fund withholding maxes out at 750 baht withheld, plus 750 baht matching employer contribution.

Once you have Class B visa, you may enter Thailand to work for any employer - or to not work. Whatever. The visa entitles you to enter Thailand for 90 days. At the end of that time, you must depart Thailand - unless you apply for an extended entry permit. If you are not married to a Thai, getting an extension means that you must be earning (or at least paying taxes on) a specific minimum salary that is determined by your nationality. It also means that your employer must have paid-in 2,000,000 baht capital and must employ at least four Thai citizens (for a Thai Company), or must have registered a Thai Representative Office.

A Thai Private Co. Ltd. can be formed, and a work permit obtained, within 30 days. Registering a Thai Representative Office takes much longer - we have yet to have a client complete this process in less than five months - 7-8 months is typical.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Any work permit you get must be for a Thai employer - that is, a Thai corporate cntity that has a Thai tax ID number.  Any salary that you receive from thsi employer is subject to two withholding aspects - personal income tax withholding, and social fund withholding. At salaries under 100,000 baht per year, the combined total for these withholdings will typically not exceed 10%.  Thesocail fund withholding mazes out at 750 baht withheld, plus 750 baht matching employer contribution.

Once you have Class B visa, you may enterThailand to work for any employer - or to not work.  Whatever.  The visa entitles you to enter Thailand for 90 days.  At the end of that time, you must depart Thailand - unless you aply for an extended entry permit.  If you are not married to a Thai, getting an extension means that you must be earning (or at least paying taxes on) a specific minimum salary that is determined by your nationality.  It also means that your employer must have paid-in 2,000,00 baht capital and must employ at lesat four Thai citizens (for a Thai Company), or must have registered a Thai Representative Office.

A Thai Private Co. Ltd. can be formed, and a work permit obtained, within 30 days.  Registering a Thai Representative Office takes much longer - we have yet to havea client complete this process in less than five months - 7-8 months is typical.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Any work permit you get must be for a Thai employer - that is, a Thai corporate entity that has a Thai tax ID number.  Any salary that you receive from this employer is subject to two withholding aspects - personal income tax withholding, and social fund withholding. At salaries under 100,000 baht per year, the combined total for these withholdings will typically not exceed 10%.  The social fund withholding maxes out at 750 baht withheld, plus 750 baht matching employer contribution.

Once you have Class B visa, you may enter Thailand to work for any employer - or to not work.  Whatever.  The visa entitles you to enter Thailand for 90 days.  At the end of that time, you must depart Thailand - unless you apply for an extended entry permit.  If you are not married to a Thai, getting an extension means that you must be earning (or at least paying taxes on) a specific minimum salary that is determined by your nationality.  It also means that your employer must have paid-in 2,000,000 baht capital and must employ at least four Thai citizens (for a Thai Company), or must have registered a Thai Representative Office.

A Thai Private Co. Ltd. can be formed, and a work permit obtained, within 30 days.  Registering a Thai Representative Office takes much longer - we have yet to have a client complete this process in less than five months - 7-8 months is typical.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Tks Steve for your kind answer!!

..and one more question : are there problems on T7T money from a BKK

bank to an European?

My best!

Claire