War Firearms Found In House Of International School Owner

george

War firearms found in house of international school owner

PATHUM THANI: -- Police searched a house of an international school owner and found an assortment of war weapons inside Thursday morning.

Crime Suppression Division police searched the house of Wilailak Wakijcharoenpruekta, 45, who is the owner of Siam International School in Rangsit area, at 7:30 am.

They found an AK-47 assault rifle, an M16 assault rifle, two pistols, a shotgun, and over 100 ammunitions as well as three grenades some three bulletproof vests.

Thanathep Songjit, 30, the husband of Wilailak, claimed that the weapons belonged to some border patrol policemen they hired as bodyguards.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-21

So now the interesting question...WHY were they searching the house of an owner to an international school?

Could it be, because some one rated him out, and why would a school teacher in Rangst need Border Patrol body guards. :)

Well, hopefully she wasn't just getting ready for the opening of the school year!

LOL The Bangkok branch of St Trinians... :D

Siam International School provides an American based curriculum with an international emphasis.

So it would seem... :)

Edited by phaethon

PATHUM THANI: -- Police searched a house of an international school owner and found an assortment of war weapons inside Thursday morning.

Crime Suppression Division police searched the house of Wilailak Wakijcharoenpruekta, 45, who is the owner of Siam International School in Rangsit area, at 7:30 am.

They found an AK-47 assault rifle, an M16 assault rifle, two pistols, a shotgun, and over 100 ammunitions as well as three grenades some three bulletproof vests.

Thanathep Songjit, 30, the husband of Wilailak, claimed that the weapons belonged to some border patrol policemen they hired as bodyguards.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-21

According to the school's website, the owner's name is not the same as mentioned above?

from the site "... "CEO TALKS" is an official voice of the SIS Licensee/Owner (Khun Ratanachai Nantrapamote) " ???

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-21

According to the school's website, the owner's name is not the same as mentioned above?

from the site "... "CEO TALKS" is an official voice of the SIS Licensee/Owner (Khun Ratanachai Nantrapamote) " ???

Neither are their names anywhere on the list of staff or administration?

Siam International School provides an American based curriculum with an international emphasis.

So it would seem... :)

Perhaps their curriculum is American based, but they can't be tooooo American based overall, not if they call their basketball court a "Basketball Pitch".... :D :D

http://www.siam-school.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=11

btw, that's a different website for the school, in addition to the earlier linked one.

Meanwhile, here's Bangkok Post's version of events, which may resolve why Wilailak's name doesn't appear on either sites. She's a "co-owner" of the school (also known as the divorced ex-wife of the other "co-owner" previously listed in the thread). Additionally, a different reason is given for the weapons presence by the "boyfriend" of the "co-owner" in the linked article:

35025.jpg

Thanathep Phongjit, standing right, looks at a collection of war weapons seized from his girlfriend’s house in Pathum Thani province. Thanathep was charged yesterday with illegal possession of firearms.

Bangkok Post

Police seize war weapons from home of school owner

Police have seized a cache of guns from the home of a co-owner of Siam International School in Pathum Thani province and charged four men with illegal possession of firearms.

About 20 armed Crime Suppression Division officers yesterday searched the home of 47-year-old Wilailak Wakitcharoenpruttha in Maneerin Lake and Lagoon housing estate in Pathum Thani's Muang district.

The CSD team, led by Police Colonel Akkhradet Pimonsri, seized from the home an AK-47 rifle, an M-16 rifle, a shotgun, an 11 mm pistol, a 9 mm pistol, an MK-2 grenade, an M-26 grenade, a smoke bomb, six large fireworks, assorted ammunition, a walkie talkie and four bullet-proof vests. The team accused four men found in the house of illegal possession of firearms.

The four are Ms Wilailak's boyfriend Thanathep Phongjit, 31, and his three aides: Traisit Somkultrairat, 39, Wiwat Amornborirak, 38, and Charnnarong Hormla-or, 29. Thanathep denied any knowledge of the seized weapons.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crimes/170...of-school-owner

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-05-22

Edited by sriracha john

Ah this becomes clearer;

divorce with billion baht school at stake.

Alegedly the wife has a new, younger, nut case, boyfriend

and he has violent aides de camp with weapons at hand.

Ex husband drops a dime on them and their stash of weapons.

BEFORE they come and blast him away to get the school for her alone.

If he is out of the picture then she likely would drop her own dime on boyfriend

and take credit as good citizen cleaning up a violent gang yada yada yada.

Now I wonder who dumped who:

The woman Scorned, left for a newer model..

Or was wifey the loose cannon all along,

as might be hinted at by the NEW boyfriend and his crew.

sad pathetic and so NOT unusual for here...

Imageaspxfr24sf23g.jpg

Imageaspxtge54t3354fg.jpg

International School Owners Arrested for Possession of War Weapons

Crime Suppression Officers have arrested the owners of an international school for allegedly possessing war weapons.

Deputy Commander of the Crime Suppression Office, Police Major-General Prayon Lasua , and his team raided the residence of Vilailuk Wakijjareaunprukta, the owner of the Siam International School.

Vilailuk's husband, Tanathep Songjit, claimed that the weapons were owned by his bodyguards, whom he hired to protect him and his wife.

Commander of the Central Investigation Bureau, Police Lieutenant-General Tha-Ngai Pratsajaksuttru, and Pratum Thani Police Commander Police Major-General Wittaya Prayongpun examined five guns, including an M-16, an AK-47, and a shotgun, along with ammunition.

Wittaya said the raid was prompted by a complaint, and there was no one in the house when police arrived the first time.

The commander of the Central Investigation Bureau ordered that all of the weapons be seized and four suspects arrested for further investigation.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-05-22

Oddly enough or not I have the same fire arms in my collection int the USA however; I'm fresh out of grenades!

Obviously you are a sportsman and use them for hunting. Very sporting. :)

I would never harm an animal! And grenades are quite dangerous; it is much safer to fish with dynamite no shrapnel through the hull of the boat if you know what I mean....

Ah this becomes clearer;

If he is out of the picture then she likely would drop her own dime on boyfriend

^ That is probably quite accurate! Schools can be quite profitable here, especially an "International" school. I think that this is one of those schools that is allowed to use the word International during it's start-up period (I think the first 5 years), but hasn't been accepted by any International School Association yet.

I wonder if they will get threatened with 5 yrs in prison like the Oz barmat woman?

^ Nonsense, this is a rich Thai we're talking about here. I'm sure he's already out on bail and will stay out while the case goes through trials, appeals, appeals to the appeals, etc... until all of the witnesses have died of old age or forgotten about the case. :)

Edited by otherstuff1957

i worked in this school for two years! some of the previous posters speculations are quite near the mark. when i arrived in the school, the co owners were starting their divorce. the male owner was living in the swimming pool changing rooms. he was eventually forced out, leaving her in sole control of the school. this woman is an unhinged lunatic. despite the school having excellent facilities, and competent, dedicated staff, she was hel_l bent on running the place into the ground. we would turn up for work, and overnight she had rearranged the entire school curriculum on a whim. or fired all the thai staff. or refused to pay anyone who had offeneded her etc etc. this went on for years. the school was losing money hand over fist, and she would turn up in a brand new mercedes SLK, sporting a brand new pair of tits. the stories i have from my two years at that place are never ending.

the ex husband tried to re-enter the premises at one point, and the PE teacher, (a big welsh rugby player) was ordered to stand at the gates with a baseball bat.

eventually all the parents forced her to leave, threatening to withraw their kids from the school, at which point the husband regained control. throughout this entire time, she was having an affair with the thai IT technician, who may be the 30 year old mentioned...as the husband is her age.

i always knew she was insane, but the cache of weapons took me by suprise! im sure the previous poster was right - there was murder planned!

you really couldnt make this shit up!

Edited by monkeycircus

The missus told me that she briefly heard, and thus this is entirely incomplete, part of a report on the television news that this arms cache was intended not only for a strike upon her ex-husband to take him out of the divorce proceedings, but that this hit would be done at the school (and thus the strong potential for intentionally taking out staff and students at the same time exists). It would obviously ruin the school, and thus its value, but that was evidently deemed a fair consequence to her in this partially heard report.

She certainly does sound like an "unhinged lunatic."

quite how such a woman ends up with the power to make decisions that could and did ruin childrens educations is beyond me. if you go to the thai labour department and mention Siam International School, they will laugh.

i remember she went to an eductation fair one day, at whcih some schools like Harrow etc, had a string orchestra playing. her response to that - fire the music teacher, as Siam dont have a string orchestra.

for all the people she royally fuc_ked over, i pray that she goes down. of course..... she wont.

i never heard of that school. maybe its just there for money laundering. a station for drugs coming in through Burma and then being sold onto bangkok. What better guise than a school?

It's a pretty big deal out here in Rangsit. Costs about 260K baht a year to attend. I've heard disparaging things about its academic standards but I don't know that to be true. I don't think it is a cover for money laundering though. Quite sure of that...but not positive. Afterall....TIT

Ah this becomes clearer;

Now I wonder who dumped who:

The woman Scorned, left for a newer model..

Or was wifey the loose cannon all along,

as might be hinted at by the NEW boyfriend and his crew.

sad pathetic and so NOT unusual for here...

Ha !! You should be a screenwriter in Hollywood...LOL

quite how such a woman ends up with the power to make decisions that could and did ruin childrens educations is beyond me. if you go to the thai labour department and mention Siam International School, they will laugh.

i remember she went to an eductation fair one day, at whcih some schools like Harrow etc, had a string orchestra playing. her response to that - fire the music teacher, as Siam dont have a string orchestra.

for all the people she royally fuc_ked over, i pray that she goes down. of course..... she wont.

Goes without saying, In Thailand, don't get married, don't make enough money to make someone else jealous enough to want to take it away from you, keep pooying relations strictly on a cash for service basis, be kind to everyone you meet/know and you will live a long life in LOS. Break any of the rules above, then it's only a matter of time before we will read about you on these pages. Been divorced 23 years now, single and happy as a clam. :):D :D

The missus told me that she briefly heard, and thus this is entirely incomplete, part of a report on the television news that this arms cache was intended not only for a strike upon her ex-husband to take him out of the divorce proceedings, but that this hit would be done at the school (and thus the strong potential for intentionally taking out staff and students at the same time exists). It would obviously ruin the school, and thus its value, but that was evidently deemed a fair consequence to her in this partially heard report.

She certainly does sound like an "unhinged lunatic."

Thank goodness that she is prevented to carry out any ill intention plans!