What Is This Leaf "blight"?

Can anyone tell me what this is on my plant's leaves? They eventually yellow and the leaves fall off. It seems to affect a number of different plants and spreads rapidly. How do I eliminate it?

Any info appreciated.

post-3361-1242888020_thumb.jpgpost-3361-1242888031_thumb.jpg

post-3361-1242888043_thumb.jpgpost-3361-1242888055_thumb.jpg

It’s a frangipani and most do have rust on the leaves, and they do fall off , check this website

http://www.wholesalefrangipanis.com/trees/...gipani_rust.htm

Can anyone tell me what this is on my plant's leaves? They eventually yellow and the leaves fall off. It seems to affect a number of different plants and spreads rapidly. How do I eliminate it?

Any info appreciated.

post-3361-1242888020_thumb.jpgpost-3361-1242888031_thumb.jpg

post-3361-1242888043_thumb.jpgpost-3361-1242888055_thumb.jpg

It's a frangipani and most do have rust on the leaves, and they do fall off , check this website

http://www.wholesalefrangipanis.com/trees/...gipani_rust.htm

Thanks, that's it exactly. I have about a dozen of the trees in full bloom now, and I would like to stop it from spreading if possible. The link recommends;

"We recommend spraying with MANCOZEB."

Does any one know if that is available here or the equivalent?

RUST

Dispose of all the leaves in a sealed plastic bag as its a fungus (stops spores from spreading) and keep the area around the bottom of the trees clear. If it persists then look for a spray; afraid I can't help you with what's available as mine has never got that bad.

Looks like a normal condition to me. Plumeria(frangapani) always seem to develop rust & cause spots. We have over 200 trees.

They all get (& the other Plumeria's as well in Bang Sare area) the same discoleration. If watered to much they will shed the leaves & regenerate. I knock of the yellow leaves & let them do their thing. Same in Hawaii . The trees had the exact same rust.

The landscape teams did the same for the Plumeria's there. Nothing & they did great. If you cut some of the ends off at 6" or more you can regrow in soil & grow more plants & it will give you double triple or up to 5 branches whereas it only had one before. We did try a myriad of sprays & treatments & found it was best & much more cost effective to ditch the worthless chemicals. Now if you get bugs(very rare) on the plants different story!

I appreciate all the replies. A shop in Chiang Mai recommended a fungicide. Everything in Thai on the box except the word "Captan". I was able to find quite a bit about this doing some searching. I am going to give it a try at least as a preventative. I have about 6 trees in one area showing the rust. I have about another 8 in a different area that are rust free. It will be a good experiment to see what happens.

If this doesn't work, I like the idea of just letting nature take it's course, much easier. "Beardog", I will try your advice on cutting the stems and replanting. Great. You also mention overwatering. As I water the entire area almost daily, what do you think constitutes too much? Thanks.

Once your trees are a decent size try once a week . I was giving 4 & 1/2 rai plants- Mixed types on an irrigated zone system & found that the palms enjoy more water than the Plumerias. Once I stopped giving the trees water every 2 days the leaves stay on & the trees actually have grown more. & they like manure.

The smaller cuttings you can give water to daily till they reach 1 meter tall or more. The watering cycle may very on location- but it is always the same to much water & the leaves fall. After rainy season towards the end just about all the plumerias drop their leaves & regrow new ones . This is an excellent time to prune & restart your branches!

Once your trees are a decent size try once a week . I was giving 4 & 1/2 rai plants- Mixed types on an irrigated zone system & found that the palms enjoy more water than the Plumerias. Once I stopped giving the trees water every 2 days the leaves stay on & the trees actually have grown more. & they like manure.

The smaller cuttings you can give water to daily till they reach 1 meter tall or more. The watering cycle may very on location- but it is always the same to much water & the leaves fall. After rainy season towards the end just about all the plumerias drop their leaves & regrow new ones . This is an excellent time to prune & restart your branches!

Will do. Thanks again. :)

Its entirely natural, frangipani are deciduous .

I understand they are deciduous, it just seemed like they were losing leaves prematurely along with the rust. The above posts, along with what I was able to search on the internet based on the posts, cleared up a lot and gave me some more ideas. Thanks.