Free Education To Disabled Children

george

All schools required to provide free education to disabled children

BANGKOK: -- The Education Ministry will issue a directive to require all schools to allow children with disability to study without paying tuition fees, Education Minister Jurin Laksanawisit said Thursday.

Jurin said the plan to provide free education for children with disability was approved by the committee in charge of promoting education for disabled children.

The directive will also prohibit any school from refusing enrollments of disabled students.

Schools will also be required to provide all necessary facilities for disabled students.

The minister said the government will also allocate Bt100 million for the fund for promoting education for children with disability from the 2010 fiscal year budget. The fund has about Bt57 million now.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-21

All schools required to provide free education to disabled children

BANGKOK: -- The Education Ministry will issue a directive to require all schools to allow children with disability to study without paying tuition fees, Education Minister Jurin Laksanawisit said Thursday.

Jurin said the plan to provide free education for children with disability was approved by the committee in charge of promoting education for disabled children.

The directive will also prohibit any school from refusing enrollments of disabled students.

Schools will also be required to provide all necessary facilities for disabled students.

The minister said the government will also allocate Bt100 million for the fund for promoting education for children with disability from the 2010 fiscal year budget. The fund has about Bt57 million now.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-21

About time. This isn't a political issue at all, in my opinion. It always gets to me seeing all the children with disabilities that, in my country, would have been corrected already or would have assistance, walk around the streets of Thailand. I only hope that it is, at least, on par with the same education other Thai children. It is better than nothing. They will need special classes, teachers and access. I hope this is real and not just for show.

Edited by EndofDays