General Uk Thai Settlement Visa Question...

Say you meet a girl in Thailand, same age as you. Educated, has a degree and a masters, has travelled extensively, she has savings, land etc

You get married, in Thailand and start a family.

Perhaps this all happens in a two-three year period.

How difficult is it for her to move over here and start a life in the UK?

Generally, what are the reasons for not being allowed a visa? Is it down to finances? background, age difference???

*Note, I am not planning any of this just yet but its worth knowing if I plan on taking my current 'relationship' any further in the future. First things first, we are trying to get a visa for a two week holiday.

Just a quick overview would be helpful

Brian

Say you meet a girl in Thailand, same age as you. Educated, has a degree and a masters, has travelled extensively, she has savings, land etc

You get married, in Thailand and start a family.

Perhaps this all happens in a two-three year period.

How difficult is it for her to move over here and start a life in the UK?

Generally, what are the reasons for not being allowed a visa? Is it down to finances? background, age difference???

*Note, I am not planning any of this just yet but its worth knowing if I plan on taking my current 'relationship' any further in the future. First things first, we are trying to get a visa for a two week holiday.

Just a quick overview would be helpful

Brian

Hi Brian, To make it easier in 2/3 years time collect as much proof documentation, photos together, emails, reciepts from Hotels Flights accomadation, basicly anything that will prove you have been in a relationship with this girl, look at the above taged topic Robs guide to settlement visa it should give you a guide as to what will be required when the time comes, age is not a concern unless they are under 21

The basic requirements are:_

Proof you have somewhere to live....... proof of accomodation - (council tax bill, mortgage statement, etc)

Proof of being able to support your wife....... proof of income - wage slips, bank statements, etc

Proof of existing long term relationship between you - emails, phone bills, letters, western union reciepts etc......

As long as you satisfy those requirements then there is little reason why they would turn down an application.

Each year, over 90% of settlement applications made to the British embassy in Bangkok are successful at the first attempt.

Prepare thoroughly, show that you meet the criteria and you will get the visa.

As said, you basically have to show that:-

The relationship is genuine and subsisting.

You can support and acommodate yourselves in the UK without recourse to public funds.

TVE, don't you mean ILE? A typo, I'm sure.

Edited by 7by7