Pick Up Rental

vernonschmiddy

Can anyone suggest a cheap rental organisation to rent a pick up from? Thankyou

I rented a pick-up from POP rental for 1000 baht per day, I hear he will go cheaper if you haggle. It's on the outside of the moat heading east past Tapae gate on the left hand side.

I rented a pick-up from POP rental for 1000 baht per day, I hear he will go cheaper if you haggle. It's on the outside of the moat heading east past Tapae gate on the left hand side.

POP used to plant heroin on their rental bikes. Not recommended for that reason.

Headline TOYOTA pick up car for rent 500 Baht/day

Category Services

Date 11:54 21-May-2009

By Nuch

Email [email protected]

City / Location City & Around

Phone 089 261 5112

Description TOYOTA MightyX good condition hard duty.Multi-purpose pick up car.Easy drive for loading, moving ,transferring etc.

- 500 Baht per day or half price per month

- Transfer fee 200 baht to your place if you want

- Drive by yourself in city & around please

- Thank you for looking

Just saw this ad at http://chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/view.php?id=17786

POP used to plant heroin on their rental bikes. Not recommended for that reason.

Yikes! That is a scary situation. Thanks for the heads up on that!

Really? And why do you think they would do that?

Do you have information to back this up?

I have used POP a number of times and never had a problem, albeit I have never looked for heroin in my rental bike.

I know where you can rent a pickup for about 700/day. P.M. me for the contact info if interested.

Why not post it for all to see?

Because I wasn't sure that I was allowed to "advertise". And I was wrong on the price. It is actually 500 not 700. Ajarn actually found an on-line ad by the owner of the truck. See above. I've rented the truck and drove all over with it. Not a beauty bun runs good and is insured.

Really? And why do you think they would do that?

From http://AsiaRecipe.com/larry/motor2.html

Lastly, and most costly, but thankfully, extremely rare anymore, is the shop that plants a bit of dope on your bike and then sends a friendly cop out to your guesthouse or hotel for a 'routine inspection'. Finding the dope, you will be offered two choices: go to jail or pay-up. Obviously, they want your money more than taking you to jail, so you will end-up paying until they are convinced you are dry. This will include your jewelry and everything else of value you have.

Edited by Ajarn