Loss Of Rights

a man with a plan

Does anyone know the details about what happens to people who don't vote? I just got married and I noticed in all the government buildings they have forms to fill out to rat on people who haven't voted. I just got back from the honeymoon yesterday and my wife is worried from all that she has heard about loss of rights and how difficult the government will make things for you infuture if you didn't vote.

There was a thread on this last week. I asked my wife and she said that most of the sanctions were not enforced. There are no losses to educational rights for the person or children. She wasn't 100% sure about loss of 30 Baht health care.

What came through from her was that life could be made more difficult in dealings with the amphur, thetsabaan or the police. She reckoned there's a central computer file of those who didn't vote. The general feeling is that if you didn't help your country by voting, then it's not going to help you.

I still know plenty of people who didn't vote though. Couldn't be bothered to travel back to their family's province.

I was under the impression that you could Register as a Non Voter.

ie Dont want to vote for any rotten Democratic system-I am a Wot sit Witness and god is my Prime Minister to simply I am a moron but whoever wins I will still complain cos i am an AH and dont care :o

Follow the link: http://www.ect.go.th/english/national/mp/mp22.html

Previously answered (Yesterday) in another thread.

Just read that.....that will really hurt the average Thai.... :o

They also get fined....but for a lot of people the fine is less than the cost of a return trip home and back.

My gf didn't vote as she is registered in ChiangMai. She said it cost to much to go home and the government dont help.