Farang Mix Asian

MistaDorn

as I know, farang "whiteskin type have a different blood type with asian or RH blood type. I am quite not sure about blood type. I'm O+ type of blood which he said that asian haven't + on blood type. so it's mean i have a little french blood? by my motner type of blood is B+ and she's french+india mix Thai and my dad Indonesian his blood group is O only. I wondering one thing RH mix O=...? or RH mix B=...? it will be a new type of blood group or following father or mother? if it is new type of blood what is it gonna be? do you know? I was wondering this for so long, hope someone know the answer of this :o ?

yours

Dorn

dont know how good his english is for reading and using the site, but a really cool site.... if a bit difficult to make sense of in the beginning...

the O etc types are separate from the rh factor + or - in your blood...

im AB + which may or may not be common for Galician jews (ukraine of today)...was fun to check out the site

but if you want to know about your blood type etc, best to ask doctor for explanation and what that means (implications)

On this topic who out there actually knows thier blood type??

I know when I called to give blood after the tsunami and they asked me my type and I didn't know it, they told me not to bother!

I've had a couple of blood tests in my life but I still have no clue what flavour I am! :o

• 1 month later...

Heard of the reptilian blood type vs. the mamalia? Human beings are not totally mammal....

There's really so many facets to blood typing. There are probably hundreds of types. Sorry I don't yet know the full details to this, but some search on the internet should shed some light.

Bangkokian

as I know, farang "whiteskin type have a different blood type with asian  or RH blood type. I am quite not sure about blood type. I'm O+ type of blood which he said that asian haven't + on blood type. so it's mean i have a little french blood? by my motner type of blood is B+ and she's french+india mix Thai and my dad Indonesian his blood group is O only. I wondering one thing RH mix O=...? or RH mix B=...?  it will be a new type of blood group or following father or mother? if it is new type of blood what is it gonna be? do you know? I was wondering this for so long, hope someone know the answer of this :o ?

yours

Dorn

Dorn, I'm a registered nurse. You have a perfectly normal blood type. There are two aspects to blood type: ABO and RH positive or negative. For ABO, one can be A, B, AB or O, and then with each of those one can be RH positive or negative, i.e. A+, A-, B+, B- etc

Blood type is inherited from both parents, jsut like blue or brown eyes. The "O" type is recessive...in other words, a personb who inherits one O gene and one A or B gene will have type A or B, but they still have a recessive (silent) gene for O which they can pass on to their children. So your B+ mom would have had a recessive gene for O, which together with the O from your dad made you type O. Likewise RH positive is dominant, negative is recessive, so if you got RH poasitive from your mom and RH neg from your Dad, you will be RH positive.

RH positive is rare among Asians but not unknown. In particular it will be encountered in Asians with some mixed ancestry.

So all is well. The main thing you need to know about your blood type is:

1) You can only receive blood from someone who is also type O. A person giving blood to you can be either O+ or O-, doesn't matter because RH neg blood can safely be give to an RH positive person, but NOT the other way around. (The + and - indicate presence of a particular antigen..RH+ has it, RH- doesn't. So if you give it to someone who doesn't have it there will be a serious allergic reaction).

2) You can give blood to anyone who is RH+ -- i.e. O+, A+, B+, AB+ can all reeive your blood, but you cannot give blood to anyone who is RH negative.